Recent Topics

Ads

How to AM and Shaman

In this section, you will find some advices and basics to start quietly ingame. Question like " I'm lvl 1, what shall i do?", "What class shall i pick?", will find some answers in this place.
cimator

Re: How to AM and Shaman

Post#11 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 2:15 pm

Dabbart wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 2:07 pm How can your advice be "don't stand in the same place spamming"? For the record, the first 3minutes of your video has you standing in basically the same spot spamming the same few abilities. Then you cut to Champ healing, which means, proves, and shows nothing.
Guess I should add, if you are already on a good spot and the melee train is far from you, you dont need to relocate. Assumed this was common logic, guess not.
Dabbart wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 2:07 pm Yay. Pug stomping on a life-tap AM/Shaman with a melee deathball is fun. Nice vid, horrible music. Looks like you need to Cleanse more often on AM.
Do I have to repeat myself all the time? Thats full FMJ on destro, one of the most organized guilds you can find. If it was pugs vs us, trust me there wouldnt be any damaged target to heal.
-Leakypants
-Leakyskull
-Leakybrains

-Leakyburn(Cimator)
-Midgety Claus
-Runawayop
-Rampageop

Ads
Dabbart

Post#12 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 2:29 pm

Spoiler:
cimator wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 2:15 pm
Dabbart wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 2:07 pm How can your advice be "don't stand in the same place spamming"? For the record, the first 3minutes of your video has you standing in basically the same spot spamming the same few abilities. Then you cut to Champ healing, which means, proves, and shows nothing.
Guess I should add, if you are already on a good spot and the melee train is far from you, you dont need to relocate. Assumed this was common logic, guess not.
Dabbart wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 2:07 pm Yay. Pug stomping on a life-tap AM/Shaman with a melee deathball is fun. Nice vid, horrible music. Looks like you need to Cleanse more often on AM.
Do I have to repeat myself all the time? Thats full FMJ on destro, one of the most organized guilds you can find. If it was pugs vs us, trust me there wouldnt be any damaged target to heal.
And as Sham? I didn't look but you tellin me all the SS you posted are against premades? Or are the majority of your great success' vs pugs? Why not post one of the stages you lost vs FMJ? Why only post stage 2, in the time when FMJ tried to bomb lord and/or you and somehow broke down?

My point stands. Vs Pugs or in a situation where you flat out are being ignored, Am/Sham life-tap is a great and fun spec. Care to comment on my perceived issues and how to navigate the issues they create?

As for your common logic... Reread your own advice there. You flat out said, "never stop moving in the first place, if not you will get targeted by melee train, this goes for every healer in the game, you cant just stand still and spam group heals.". You are within 100/80ft, hence your ability to cast life-taps. So that's not out of range... If they had turned as a ball, 1 ranged CC and you would be dead, No? Your tanks had all the pressure they could handle on your DPS...

Mate, I just grouped with you last week in a city I feel. You're a good healer and I'm not taking shots, but that video does nothing to show how to "properly" play AM/Sham, and numbers don't always mean everything. Edit: that doesn't mean you don't know how to play am/Sham very well, nor that your numbers aren't impressive. But that video does not show what the OP claims it does...
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

cimator

Post#13 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 2:46 pm

Dabbart wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 2:29 pm
And as Sham? I didn't look but you tellin me all the SS you posted are against premades? Or are the majority of your great success' vs pugs? Why not post one of the stages you lost vs FMJ? Why only post stage 2, in the time when FMJ tried to bomb lord and/or you and somehow broke down?
As Sham its against Bene Tleilax. SS I posted are against premades yes, pugs couldnt get 1 kill.
This is vs pugs for ex;
Spoiler:
-Leakypants
-Leakyskull
-Leakybrains

-Leakyburn(Cimator)
-Midgety Claus
-Runawayop
-Rampageop

anarchypark

Post#14 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 5:44 pm

cimator wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:23 pm
anarchypark wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:08 pm already know the theory.
I need actual play against good enemy.

I'm not interested in having superior wb on my side against weak enemy.
I'm more into on weak side to face stronger enemy.
overcoming it is real fun.

that's why i ask good enemy MA and assist.

Thats full FMJ on the destro side, you really think thats a weak enemy? They had great assist and we lost 1 or 2 of the city stages in the video.

Showing the positioning and the rotation of the abilities when WW is down is the point of the video. I assumed I didnt need to show the survival, its a general healer thing, AM doesnt need a specific survival guide for itself because it isnt any weaker survival wise.

told you i don't care who win or lose.
i wanna see AM surviving melee assist train. or at least trying escape.
it's good not get caught at first place but
i wanna see when MA set his eyes on AM from far then AM's next move.
you can notice that movement right? show me that moves plz.
i don't see such thing in vid. only free casting healer.

why don't you put lost stage footage? I think that have what i wanna see.
learning from mistakes and improving better moves.

if you wanna compliments, i can give you that. i skipped cuz others already did.
GJ, nice healing, you won, great.
can i ask few more? show me struggling escape of AM. success good. fail better.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

cimator

Post#15 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:11 pm

anarchypark wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 5:44 pm
told you i don't care who win or lose.
i wanna see AM surviving melee assist train. or at least trying escape.
it's good not get caught at first place but
i wanna see when MA set his eyes on AM from far then AM's next move.
you can notice that movement right? show me that moves plz.
i don't see such thing in vid. only free casting healer.

Like I said before, the only reason I recorded it in the first place is because I wanted to show rotation after WW in the vid.
But, if you wanna see it, I can make a survival vid when I have footage.
anarchypark wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 5:44 pm
why don't you put lost stage footage? I think that have what i wanna see.
learning from mistakes and improving better moves.
I literally dont have the footage, it was just 3 5minute shadowplays I put together.
I will shadowplay survival stuff aswell from now on.
-Leakypants
-Leakyskull
-Leakybrains

-Leakyburn(Cimator)
-Midgety Claus
-Runawayop
-Rampageop

swimmerpro

Post#16 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:23 am

I appreciate the builds and the advice in this thread. Thanks for compiling. Sorry folks have been so rude, I find this valuable.

balvor877
Suspended

Post#17 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:44 am

anarchypark wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:19 am I don't see any pressure on you.
not even stagger from zeal/rp.
zero stun, zero assist.
any healer can heal decently in that situation.

show me clips being targeted by melee train or ST dedicated grp.
I wanna learn how to avoid or survive against "good" MA + assist.
by your own or thru guard/heal support
whatever.
cuz dead healers can't heal.
healing is not a problem. survival is.
I can show you. Go to character screen, press create new, choose Warrior Priest, enjoy ;)))

Zhentarim

Post#18 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:27 am

Hah! I knew AMs werent the worst healers! Some of the best healers I encounter tend to be AMs, makes me wanna roll one. Very nice information Leaky.

Ads
Ysaran

Post#19 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:33 am

cimator wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:48 am
cimator wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:35 am
Position better, and never stop moving in the first place, if not you will get targeted by melee train, this goes for every healer in the game, you cant just stand still and spam group heals.
Survival has never been a problem for me on AM, I have the same defensive stats as my RP/zea/shaman, plus I have aoe detaunt tactic.1 ST party shouldnt be a problem for you, if you cant heal through it, you are doing something wrong.
If more than 1 party is assisting on me, tank comes to guard, and other healers help out.

Forgot to mention this, you need all the defensive stats you can get, because if the ST party gets a fast kill on you at the start of the fight, they will always go for you later on to get an easy kill.
If you can hold them on the first engage and not give them a kill, they will be reluctant to target you.

Right now, Im running at 3.2k armor(with 660 pot), %10 reduced armor pen, %26 reduced chance to be crit, 9k wounds. You should try to get something similar statwise
how do you get -10% aror pen? what set do you mix?
Zputadenti

cimator

Post#20 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:22 pm

Ysaran wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:33 am
how do you get -10% aror pen? what set do you mix?
Yo, I do 4 vanq 4 sov, vanq gloves and sov jewelry both have %2, and 4th sov bonus is %6.

You'll probably ask why Im using 4 vanq as "bis", its because with its ap proc, and The Sight's ap proc combined, I can remove resto burst and gain a tactic slot.
-Leakypants
-Leakyskull
-Leakybrains

-Leakyburn(Cimator)
-Midgety Claus
-Runawayop
-Rampageop