Recent Topics

Ads

How to AM and Shaman

In this section, you will find some advices and basics to start quietly ingame. Question like " I'm lvl 1, what shall i do?", "What class shall i pick?", will find some answers in this place.
cimator

How to AM and Shaman

Post#1 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:10 am

I wanted to make this post and video because I'm seeing more and more AMs and Shamans doing really low healing in cities, and I hope this guide will help them.
Spoiler:
Both fights here were tough as we are against organized guilds.

Click here to watch on YouTube
Key elements of heal AM/Sham;

- Always spec for Energy of Vaul and Fury of da Green respectively, this is your main healing ability. You'll still use healing gear and renown, base heal on this ability will be enough we dont care that much about the damage it deals.

- Always have a Whispering Winds/Chop Fasta in your party. Even if you dont have an SM guildie or a friend, look for SMs in /5 LFG channel. On destro, this part is easier as both BO and Choppa have this ability.

- Use WW/Chop Fasta to its full potential. You will notice in the video, When whispering wind is up I'm spamming EoV/FoDG and when the WW ends, I'm at 1 mechanic point which means I can still rotate between heal and damage abilities for some time.

Builds that you can use;

Renown spec: https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/r ... ;0;4;4;0;0
This is pretty much standard for healers.

Masteries:

I consider EoV/Fodg and Snare puddle as must have for every build, rest is up to your imagination, here are some examples;

AM 1: RoR.builders - Archmage 4th tactic here is optional, use whatever you like.

AM 2: RoR.builders - Archmage

Shaman 1: RoR.builders - Shaman Again, 4th tactic is optional, you can take for ex, morale pump or detaunt tactic if run away isnt enough for you.

Shaman 2: RoR.builders - Shaman

Shaman 3: RoR.builders - Shaman This is if you really wanna morale pump the party, but I would recommend just taking 1 pump, because you have to drop both Toughness HoT and Run Away tactic.

Some example screenshots, just doing whats in the video above; Hope you all have a happy Christmas!
-Leakypants
-Leakyskull
-Leakybrains

-Leakyburn(Cimator)
-Midgety Claus
-Runawayop
-Rampageop

Ads
nocturnalguest

Re: How to AM and Shaman

Post#2 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:36 am

I vote to stick this ****
hardest stuff to find is decent am/sham. could happen that skilled engi/magi are of same rarity

anarchypark

Post#3 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:19 am

I don't see any pressure on you.
not even stagger from zeal/rp.
zero stun, zero assist.
any healer can heal decently in that situation.

show me clips being targeted by melee train or ST dedicated grp.
I wanna learn how to avoid or survive against "good" MA + assist.
by your own or thru guard/heal support
whatever.
cuz dead healers can't heal.
healing is not a problem. survival is.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

MedV

Post#4 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:31 am

How do you get it so your hot next to your group icons shows the countdown of time left. I’m always refreshing hots not knowing how much is left.
The King.

cimator

Post#5 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:35 am

anarchypark wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:19 am I don't see any pressure on you.
not even stagger from zeal/rp.
zero stun, zero assist.
any healer can heal decently in that situation.

show me clips being targeted by melee train or ST dedicated grp.
I wanna learn how to avoid or survive against "good" MA + assist.
by your own or thru guard/heal support
whatever.
cuz dead healers can't heal.
healing is not a problem. survival is.
Position better, and never stop moving in the first place, if not you will get targeted by melee train, this goes for every healer in the game, you cant just stand still and spam group heals.
Survival has never been a problem for me on AM, I have the same defensive stats as my RP/zea/shaman, plus I have aoe detaunt tactic.1 ST party shouldnt be a problem for you, if you cant heal through it, you are doing something wrong.
If more than 1 party is assisting on me, tank comes to guard, and other healers help out.
-Leakypants
-Leakyskull
-Leakybrains

-Leakyburn(Cimator)
-Midgety Claus
-Runawayop
-Rampageop

cimator

Post#6 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:48 am

cimator wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:35 am
Position better, and never stop moving in the first place, if not you will get targeted by melee train, this goes for every healer in the game, you cant just stand still and spam group heals.
Survival has never been a problem for me on AM, I have the same defensive stats as my RP/zea/shaman, plus I have aoe detaunt tactic.1 ST party shouldnt be a problem for you, if you cant heal through it, you are doing something wrong.
If more than 1 party is assisting on me, tank comes to guard, and other healers help out.

Forgot to mention this, you need all the defensive stats you can get, because if the ST party gets a fast kill on you at the start of the fight, they will always go for you later on to get an easy kill.
If you can hold them on the first engage and not give them a kill, they will be reluctant to target you.

Right now, Im running at 3.2k armor(with 660 pot), %10 reduced armor pen, %26 reduced chance to be crit, 9k wounds. You should try to get something similar statwise
-Leakypants
-Leakyskull
-Leakybrains

-Leakyburn(Cimator)
-Midgety Claus
-Runawayop
-Rampageop

anarchypark

Post#7 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:08 pm

cimator wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:48 am
cimator wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:35 am

Forgot to mention this, you need all the defensive stats you can get, because if the ST party gets a fast kill on you at the start of the fight, they will always go for you later on to get an easy kill.
If you can hold them on the first engage and not give them a kill, they will be reluctant to target you.

Right now, Im running at 3.2k armor(with 660 pot), %10 reduced armor pen, %26 reduced chance to be crit, 9k wounds. You should try to get something similar statwise

already know the theory.
I need actual play against good enemy.

I'm not interested in having superior wb on my side against weak enemy.
I'm more into on weak side to face stronger enemy.
overcoming it is real fun.

that's why i ask good enemy MA and assist.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

cimator

Post#8 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:23 pm

anarchypark wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:08 pm already know the theory.
I need actual play against good enemy.

I'm not interested in having superior wb on my side against weak enemy.
I'm more into on weak side to face stronger enemy.
overcoming it is real fun.

that's why i ask good enemy MA and assist.

Thats full FMJ on the destro side, you really think thats a weak enemy? They had great assist and we lost 1 or 2 of the city stages in the video.

Showing the positioning and the rotation of the abilities when WW is down is the point of the video. I assumed I didnt need to show the survival, its a general healer thing, AM doesnt need a specific survival guide for itself because it isnt any weaker survival wise.
-Leakypants
-Leakyskull
-Leakybrains

-Leakyburn(Cimator)
-Midgety Claus
-Runawayop
-Rampageop

Ads
Sulorie

Post#9 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:52 pm

cimator wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:48 am Forgot to mention this, you need all the defensive stats you can get, because if the ST party gets a fast kill on you at the start of the fight, they will always go for you later on to get an easy kill.
This is spot on and something too many healers ignore. The more often you die, the more difficult it becomes for you, as enemy dps will remember your name and usually prefer targets, which were fast to kill in the past.
Dying is no option.

Dabbart

Post#10 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 2:07 pm

How can your advice be "don't stand in the same place spamming"? For the record, the first 3minutes of your video has you standing in basically the same spot spamming the same few abilities. Then you cut to Champ healing, which means, proves, and shows nothing.

Yay. Pug stomping on a life-tap AM/Shaman with a melee deathball is fun. Nice vid, horrible music. Looks like you need to Cleanse more often on AM.

Edit; the problem with Life-taps are inherent. A, AoE life-taps break Detaunt. B, if you are in range and LoS to attack them, then they can attack you. If you can successfully navigate these, then it's a great way to play. If not, it isn't.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.