Recent Topics

Ads

Some questions about mechanics

In this section, you will find some advices and basics to start quietly ingame. Question like " I'm lvl 1, what shall i do?", "What class shall i pick?", will find some answers in this place.
Arkteryx

Some questions about mechanics

Post#1 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:56 pm

1) Can someone share a copy of the damage formula? I'm curious about exactly how strength, weapon skill, and mastery rank affect damage. It seems like different skills might have different modifiers, is there a list somewhere? The wiki seems way out of date. Conversely how much do toughness and armor decrease it? Skills that mention 10% more or less damage are multiplicative or additive with each other and with other modifiers from crits or damage reduction?

2) How do defenses interact? I assume block/dodge/parry are multiplicative, but which comes first? Matters for things that proc off a block for instance. Or can you both block and parry the same blow? And how do guard and absorption work with this? If I have an absorb shield and am guarding someone will the damage hit my shield and do I get a chance to block it before or after it does? What if my guardee had a shield, will I still take guard damage? Where does my toughness and my guardee's toughness factor in?

3) For weapon skills that do non-physical damage, can you still parry them or do they count as spells and hence are defended by disrupt?

4) Finally how do procs work? When they mention triggering off an "attack" does that include auto-attacks, skills, or both? Can they proc multiple times off of one aoe attack? Can a proc proc another proc? For those that don't list an internal cooldown should I assume there's a 1 second icd? Or possibly 1.5 seconds to match the gcd. Otherwise things like WP Leading the Prayer seems really good if all your group members are proccing it on you simultaneously.

Or how about BO bellows. Da toughest and da biggest proc off your attacks so are rate limited by that anyway, but da greenest procs off of you getting hit. Paired with loudmouth in a warband aoe situation where you're getting hit dozens of times per second, this seems like it would do insane damage.

Ads