Recent Topics

Ads

New Player, Old Question

In this section, you will find some advices and basics to start quietly ingame. Question like " I'm lvl 1, what shall i do?", "What class shall i pick?", will find some answers in this place.
DarkeStrykerr

New Player, Old Question

Post#1 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:52 am

Alright, I'm new to the game though definitely not new to the setting. So my question is this, suggestions for what class(es) to start with till I learn the ropes of the game?

Ads
Rekoom

Re: New Player, Old Question

Post#2 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:59 am

I'd go with healer or tank. You are always wanted so you can just jump into the action and feel useful - it's also easier to find groups and guilds.

Tanks are probably harder to play well than healers because you need to master the guard ability usage as well as the CCing and damage reduction tools you have vs. healers "simply" needing to heal and survive being focused and keep healing under focus.

If I had to recommend classes and not archetypes I'd say:

Order - KotBS/SM/RP/WP

Destro - Chosen/BO/Zealot/DoK
Rekoom - 80+ BO

GamesBond
Former Staff

Re: New Player, Old Question

Post#3 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:01 am

I think this broad question could be answered in a better way on our Discord, since you can directly chat with people. Feel free to join us (link in my signature), verify yourself to gain permanent access and head straight to #gameplay-advice.

Oh and.. Welcome to RoR :)