Recent Topics

Ads

FNG Begging For Help

In this section, you will find some advices and basics to start quietly ingame. Question like " I'm lvl 1, what shall i do?", "What class shall i pick?", will find some answers in this place.
003snow

FNG Begging For Help

Post#1 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:16 am

Hey guy! Really didn't know where to look. I usually get a game down real quick just through the wiki. But this one is rough as hell and really more info on the inner working of my colon out there than this game XD Just trying to get settled in and figure a few obscure things out that I dint see many people mention that may seem simple but I just don't get. Played the game back in 08 but it's been a while and I was a barely hitting 20 and really don't remember much.

So first off all the empty item slots. Now I assume you get these at a later level. The trophy, in particular, puzzles me since it doesn't give stats or have an effect. Does it give INF gain per kill or something?
Is the pocket a usable item? Like a trinket?
And how about the range slot. Does it only apply to the range DPS classes?
Or the event item. I thought it was just a slot for another accessory type item from an event. Like a timed buff?
The standard is also confusing. Is it just those banners you buy from certain traders?

Again very little information is out that I could find outside of this forum about these items. What is the earliest I get these items, what are they for and where do I get them is what I cant figure out.
Forgive me for being impatient, but I figured making a post addressing all my questions at once might be quicker and might also help other player with similar beginnings. Linking topics already answering these questions would be a huge help.

Also just a quick cheaty question. I've been primarily doing nothing but scenario and open world pvp to gear up. Haven't gotten much past 18 with any of my characters just trying to figure out which one I like most. Might settle on Choppa so far. Anyways, I was going to ask if there is somewhere I can quickly make some cash. I'm a sick **** I like a quick Buck. Preferably not professions. If that's the way to go ill roll with it just maybe some neeto farming spot if that's a thing.

Thanks all and happy WAAAAAAGHing!

Ads
RathBrand

Re: FNG Begging For Help

Post#2 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:50 pm

003snow wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:16 am So first off all the empty item slots. Now I assume you get these at a later level. The trophy, in particular, puzzles me since it doesn't give stats or have an effect. Does it give INF gain per kill or something?
I believe Trophy slots are primarily just visual trinkets to customize your character. I don't believe they add any stats, but could be wrong.

003snow wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:16 am Is the pocket a usable item? Like a trinket?
In some cases, like the Beastlord Hunting Guide pocket slot, it does have a usable effect. In that case, using it will increase AP regeneration for you group for 15s, but it is on a long 30-minute cooldown.

In other cases, equipping something in the pocket slot is a way to unlock titles or other items. For example, I believe when you are acquiring the "Winds Impervious" jewelry set (which is a very good FREE set for CR 30+ until you can get the Genesis set) you have to equip a pocket item in order to unlock one of the pieces. See this thread for more info on Winds Impervious.

Lastly, the pocket slot can be used as part of an item set to get the set bonus. For example, a lot of people use the pocket slot on the Beastlord set to help get the 3 or 4-piece Beastlord set bonus while still mixing in other sets in armor and trinkets.

003snow wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:16 am And how about the range slot. Does it only apply to the range DPS classes?
Yes, it's for ranged weapons for ranged classes.

003snow wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:16 am Or the event item. I thought it was just a slot for another accessory type item from an event. Like a timed buff?
It is. For example, I've currently got one from a recent even that grants additional stats and lasts 30 days.

003snow wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:16 am The standard is also confusing. Is it just those banners you buy from certain traders?
Yes, but don't worry about those for now.

003snow wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:16 am Anyways, I was going to ask if there is somewhere I can quickly make some cash. I'm a sick **** I like a quick Buck. Preferably not professions. If that's the way to go ill roll with it just maybe some neeto farming spot if that's a thing.
At your level, the best options for gold are probably just farming mobs. Most items you get you can sell to vendors and everyone now and then you get something like a rare dye that might vendor for a couple gold. Alternatively, if you have the scavenging gathering skill, you can loot the bodies of humanoid mobs for materials that you can sell to vendors or on the auction house. If you have the salvaging gathering skill, you can salvage dropped gear for materials to sell. Overall, playing the auction house is probably best but you'll like need to start crafting some items and/or finding some really good drops to sell.

Honestly, you don't need a lot of gold early on since most of the gear you'll be after will be bought with medallions (from RvR) or emblems (from Scenarios). If you level up potions or talismans making, you won't need to buy any of those items (one lowbie mistake is not to take advantage of talismans in gear to boost your bolstering). The most important uses for gold early on are in filling out a few items like trinkets and in buying the 50% mount at level 16 and the 60% mount at level 38.
[/quote]

003snow

Post#3 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:05 am

RathBrand you are the man! I appreciate it a lot. This really did clear up a bunch of my confusion.

Seravajan

Post#4 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:14 am

Is this correct that every class has at least one of the two slots (off hand or ranged) empty all the time?

Where to get the 50% mount?

Are there any helmets/headgear in the game because never seen something for the headslot?

RathBrand

Post#5 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:03 am

Seravajan wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:14 am Is this correct that every class has at least one of the two slots (off hand or ranged) empty all the time?
Not sure on this one.

Seravajan wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:14 am Where to get the 50% mount?
You can buy the 50% mount for 10 gold from either the Quartermaster located in any of the War Camps in RvR, or from the Mount Vendors in your capital city (Altdorf for Order or Inevitable City for Destro).

Seravajan wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:14 am Are there any helmets/headgear in the game because never seen something for the headslot?
Yes there is. At lower levels, you'll likely find helmets via drops or the auction house. As you move up the armor tiers, eventually helmets are parts of the sets. Check out the Wiki Equipment page for more information on the armor sets, what pieces are included, and what set bonuses they include.

Zeerow

Post#6 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:41 am

Seravajan wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:14 am

There is a 50% mount for 8g in Troll Country (Destro) and Ostland (Order). Just fly there and look for the vendor in camp.
You can't realy choose the color but at least you save 2g :)

Toggle

Post#7 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:44 am

Seravajan wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:14 am Is this correct that every class has at least one of the two slots (off hand or ranged) empty all the time?

Are there any helmets/headgear in the game because never seen something for the headslot?
1. No, some classes have both a melee and ranged weapon (e.g. witch hunter, squig herder).

2. There are mount vendors in both of the capitol cities.

3. Helmets start at lvl 9 and go on up from there. Check the auction house (expensive at low levels) or just wait for one to drop. You can get a white one (basically no stats) from the chapter 4 (?) gear vendors.
Shaman - 40/8X
Zealot - 40/8X [Retired]
AM - 40/8X
RP - 40/7X [Retired]

Seravajan

Post#8 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:49 pm

Toggle wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:44 am

1. No, some classes have both a melee and ranged weapon (e.g. witch hunter, squig herder).
Do you have an offhand weapon on these two classes too?

Ads
RathBrand

Post#9 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:46 pm

Seravajan wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:49 pm ]Do you have an offhand weapon on these two classes too?
I don't have all classes so can't say for sure, but my Shadow Warrior has a sword in the main hand and a bow in the ranged slot. Nothing in the off-hand.

Seravajan

Post#10 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:37 am

RathBrand wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:46 pm
Seravajan wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:49 pm ]Do you have an offhand weapon on these two classes too?
I don't have all classes so can't say for sure, but my Shadow Warrior has a sword in the main hand and a bow in the ranged slot. Nothing in the off-hand.
Yeah. till now I saw only classes either have an offhand weapon or a weapon in the ranged slot. But I never saw a class which has an offhand weapon and a ranged weapon equipped.