Recent Topics

Ads

New player, order is getting absolutely clowned

In this section, you will find some advices and basics to start quietly ingame. Question like " I'm lvl 1, what shall i do?", "What class shall i pick?", will find some answers in this place.
RathBrand

Re: New player, order is getting absolutely clowned

Post#11 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:00 am

It's hard to judge anything by Tier 1. When I first joined a few months ago, Destro was greatly outnumbering Order in Tier 1 for the first week and it was pretty miserable. But a few days later, Order had the higher pop. In general, the population shifts a lot so don't worry about what it is today. Level up to 16, buy the +50% speed mount, join an active guild, and have fun in Tiers 2-4 RvR.

The guild part is pretty important because most closed/invitation warbands tend to try to have a 2-2-2 composition for each party with 2 tanks, 2 dps, and 2 healers. In this model, tanks have a huge role to play by forming the front line, calling challenges, putting guard on DPS, manning the rams (potentially under oil), etc.

Things really pick up in Tier 2-4 RvR. Bigger fights, keep siege, more at stake (forts & cities), etc.

You are correct that Order tends to have fewer tanks (and sometimes healers) and more ranged dps in general. In some fights and scenarios, that can definitely be a disadvantage as destro tends to have a decent compliment of tanks and melee dps in most compositions. However, i'd still recommend sticking with Tank. Order needs more tanks in RvR and this game actually has a good implementation of tanking for PvP MMORPG.

Ads
Gurf

Post#12 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:26 am

T1 changes all the time, many players get through T1 in a few days so it doesn't stay the same for long. I had periods of dominating as Order and loosing badly. Destro often has the appearance of having more healers because about 50% of them want to play Shammy , but not that many of them heal that well as they are trying to dps most of the time.

With regards to IB that is one class I would probably recommend using Nerfed Buttons for, as there as so many skills that you can use. IB is a bit slow going because of the grudge mechanic but overall its ok, the main broken point about it which probably looses a lot of players from continuing it is that the tactics are broken in that they often don't load between zones and sometimes require a relog to sort out. I don't want to play a class which requires relogging to play as you then loose your spot in a WB and is a pain in the *** so that is the main reason my IB is on hold until that bug is fixed.

martholomew

Post#13 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:18 pm

This is how it goes:

People roll Order and it's mostly their first initial experiences learning the game. They get destroyed by Destro in T1.

Then after learning the game, they roll Destro and think they're better players and destroy Order on their new Destro toons in T1.

Then they become disillusioned by Destro elitism and guild drama and general douchebaggery.

So they go back to Order and level up to T4. Then they miss their Destro toon and go back to that and remember why they rolled Order.

Cycle repeats. (This is all literally just my opinion and personal assumptions)
Magus 40/78

madmalky2014
Suspended

Post#14 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:29 pm

Order are better EU primetime and NA during the day is dominated by destro i would suggest making a destro toon for daytimes. Scenarios have always been a problem for order not enough tanks too many rdps and too few healers tend to be steamrolled constantly by destro melee train.

martholomew

Post#15 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:33 pm

martholomew wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:18 pm This is how it goes:

People roll Order and it's mostly their first initial experiences learning the game. They get destroyed by Destro in T1.

Then after learning the game, they roll Destro and think they're better players and destroy Order on their new Destro toons in T1.

Then they become disillusioned by Destro elitism and guild drama and general douchebaggery.

So they go back to Order and level up to T4. Then they miss their Destro toon and go back to that and remember why they rolled Order.

And I think it's partially because NONE of the Order tanks look like tanks. They're all slim or short and not menacing at all. Destro tanks LOOK tanky and tough.
Magus 40/78

Lyability

Post#16 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:18 pm

martholomew wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:33 pm

And I think it's partially because NONE of the Order tanks look like tanks. They're all slim or short and not menacing at all. Destro tanks LOOK tanky and tough.
I hate to say it but in 90% of my PUG SCs (T1 and above), our tanks are grace specced WPs. And they do look pretty cool! Kudos to the art designers of that class, they really captured it (and WHs but they don't live long enough to really notice).

billyk

Post#17 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:05 pm

martholomew wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:33 pm

Like BGs?

People always say it's about the looks but I fail to see how emo kids in bath robes (DoK, BG), homeless midgets (Gobbos) and methheads (Zealots) are supposed to look better than their counterparts. Destro simply has better, more functional classes, so most people roll Destro after a short career of getting pwned all day on Order. That's all.

Sulorie

Post#18 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:19 pm

billyk wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:05 pm People always say it's about the looks but I fail to see how emo kids in bath robes (DoK, BG),...
Getting out of T1 to get some armor on BG.
Dying is no option.

Ads
Glorian

Post#19 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:11 pm

Pretty much what was said here is true for lvl 1-39 and also even in lvl 40 pug scenarios.
People play their class. And tanks don't stay on their dps but try to kill a healer which is utterly useless.

The only way to stop this is join a guild that runs mid Tier SCs or RvR Groups/Warbands.
Because in groups usually beard up and don't loose moral but keep up their jobs and the fighting spirit.

https://clips.twitch.tv/GenerousSpinelessLEDKappaClaus

So even in mid Tier with wonky character concepts you can do good stuff if you team up.
Just don expect to win if you go solo with 11 other solos.