Recent Topics

Ads

Beginner with many questions

In this section, you will find some advices and basics to start quietly ingame. Question like " I'm lvl 1, what shall i do?", "What class shall i pick?", will find some answers in this place.
phononHYPE

Re: Beginner with many questions

Post#11 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:29 pm

On your map you can also join Scenarios (SCs) via the top-left brown button.

On Heroic++ mobs, yeah, you'll need to be very well geared and about 10 levels above them to solo, so just snare and run away. Same when you encounter Lord+++, these are designed for groups to take on.
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

Ads
Seravajan

Post#12 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:03 am

I seem not to have a snare available for my character. I can damage a hero to 50% down and then I'm out of action points.

The first visit on the Isle of Blight was disappointing. Because there was absolutely nobody around. :P :lol:

RathBrand

Post#13 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:17 pm

Tier 1 is very hit or miss. It is the smallest part of the population. Isle of Blight is arguably the worst of the Tier 1 zones because it is so much more spread-out than Nordland or Eckrund. Keep trying and maybe queue for Scenarios. You should be level 16 soon and will then go to Tier 2-4 which have more population.

I believe one of your skills with snare is called "Wind Blast" but doesn't unlock until level 25. See the Career Builder for AM for full list of skills and when they unlock.

phononHYPE

Post#14 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:12 pm

Seravajan wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:03 am I seem not to have a snare available for my character. I can damage a hero to 50% down and then I'm out of action points.

The first visit on the Isle of Blight was disappointing. Because there was absolutely nobody around. :P :lol:
Pardon me, forgot you were in T1. AM gets Mistress of the Marsh as a 9 point Path of Isha ability, which is what I was referring to.
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

Seravajan

Post#15 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:37 pm

My experiences in Scenarios while being fun were suboptimal.
First, I did deal nearly no damage.
Second, targeting friends for heals is a mess. Are there no keyboard commands to tab thru the friends?
Third, getting killed far too much. Choppas were even able to one-shot me. :shock:
Fouth, equipment is still a big issue.
Fifth, had some odd bugs: ex some enemy players were not targetable: Invalid target.

orfeask

Post#16 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:24 pm

Seravajan wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:37 pm My experiences in Scenarios while being fun were suboptimal.
Second, targeting friends for heals is a mess. Are there no keyboard commands to tab thru the friends?
Third, getting killed far too much. Choppas were even able to one-shot me. :shock:
Fifth, had some odd bugs: ex some enemy players were not targetable: Invalid target.
Your healer gear comes from oRvR by getting medallions from oRvR and spending them in vendors, type .rvr in chat to see the active zones of your tier (t1 if you are lower than 16, t2-t4 if you are lvl 16 and above).

Grock

Post#17 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:52 pm

Seravajan wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:38 am I'm a complete beginner on this game and I have many questions.

1. I started as a high elf archmage (AM). The class looks fun but it seems not to be a very good one.
2. Soloing with the AM is decent but hero type enemies of any levels are impossible due to serious action points issues because I run constantly out of action points and I take too much damage while dealing too less damage to them.
3. I have one quest which is not advancing at all: Silent Shores. How do I take notes? Is that automatic?
4. Looking for a list of all used abbreviations in this game. Ex what is an SC, a WB, wp and so on. Would be a nice list to pin in this subforum to help beginners.
5. How to get equipment? A lot of stuff on my character is still L5 and below. And I'm level 11 now. I do quests, the public quests and more but for the amount of work, the rewards are very small.
6. A strange bug constantly locks my healing powers. The attacking powers are still working when this happens.
7. I learned the Talisman crafting but I dunno, how to use that.
8. I tested an Ironbreaker, but that class looks very dull at the beginning. Will it become better at higher levels?
9. How to get access to the tactics? There seem a level 8 tactics existing but it is not available for me.
10. Can not add a pic with a screen bug in this forum. Add files does absolutely nothing. The issue is that the tactics buttons are overlapping the skill buttons and can not be moved at all.
1. AM is a healer, not the best one at endgame, but has its own niche. Also decent at solo roaming and ganking
2. "Hero" NPCs are bosses are require a group of players with tank and healer. "Lord" enemies are raid bosses and usually require multiple groups (warband)
3. Its a pvp game first and foremost so most people don't bother with quests. Can't really help with this one.
4. SC - scenario, WB - warband, AH - auction house, most others are abilities, class names, etc. No idea if there's a list, just ask in /advice chat ingame
5. You can buy gear at pvp vendors in t1 warcamps or in Altdorf War Quarter, there are two types of gear: greens and sets, green ones cost just gold, set pieces cost Medallions/Emblems which are gained through PvP - RvR and Scenarios. There's also new currency rewarded from Public Quest reward bags and you can buy PvE set with it somewhere. Other options are Auction House, random loot, PQ reward bags
6. Tell more about the bug?
7. Talisman making is crafting proffession that makes gems to insert into sockets. It can be very profitable at endgame. You'll need Scavenging or Salvaging to provide reagents for it (but you'll still need to get some reagents from players with other proffession). Scavenging lets you loot crafting mats from humanoids, salvaging lets you break gear into crafting mats.
8. Most classes feel a bit dull in T1, but later on Ironbreaker becomes one of, if not the most complex class in the game - a lot of buffs and stuff to keep track of, on top of doing tank job of guarding, challenging, punting, assisting with dps, and so on.
9. There's skills window, and in it there's tactics tab, just drag and drop it into the tactic panel (the one you had trouble moving)
10. Just use imgur.com

Seravajan wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:37 pm My experiences in Scenarios while being fun were suboptimal.
AM is primarily a healer, even though can be built into sort of a dps. You'l need high Int to deal damage, but investing it int will gimp your healing. I advice against going DPS AM coz people hate them :)
To survive you must hold your distance, don't let meleedps to just walk up to you, kite them, position yourself so that running to you would be suicide to them, etc.
Always be ready to use Detaunt to reduce the dmg you take, if a tank from your group is coming to guard you don't run away from them.
Also invest into Armor talismans and toughness, not sure how important it is on AM but its the general goal for healers (instead of just willpower)

Check Key Bindings and then Targeting tab, there's some stuff in here. Additionally it is heavily recommended to use an addon for unitframes that supports click-on-cast functionality - two of the most popular would be "Enemy" and "HealGrid". Enemy is a very large addon with plenty of different functions, so it can take a while to set it up and figure out what parts to turn off.

Just noticed you are using VinyUI pack, it already has Enemy and plenty of other addons in it, as well as preset layouts - better go ask in VinyUI forum thread for interface advice.
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

RathBrand

Post#18 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:09 pm

If you go into Keybindings, you can change/setup keybindings for targeting enemies and friendlies. You can, for example change from cycling through enemies to target nearest enemy.

For targeting people for heals, I usually just click on their unit frame in the Enemy add-on's raid frames. Much easier than trying to click on a moving target. The game unfortunately doesn't have hover casting, so you have to click on the unit frame (or the person) first and then select the ability. You can however setup a click-cast in the Enemy add-on. So I've set up Shift+LeftClick to be one of my HOTs.

Solo queueing in scenarios can be rough. It is better if you join with a pre-made group (ideally with voice coms). For gear, here are some tips:
  • Be sure to get some trinkets (rings, etc.) to help with stats
  • Get shoulders or a back item ASAP. I think in my case, i just used some that dropped from mobs. Even if it isn't the stats you are focused on, it's better than nothing. Moving forward, you'll start to get that stuff in the gear sets.
  • Slot in some Talismans. Even low levels ones help. Ideally, use some of the ones you create while leveling crafting. Focusing on either Armor or your primary stat is probably the way to go.
  • There are potions/food/linaments that can boost stats but might be too expense/hard to get at the moment.
  • In the Tier 1 warcamps, there are vendors that sell gear for medallions, emblems, and gold.
  • In the Armory area of Altdorf, there are also vendors that sell gear for mediallions, emblems, and gold for all the sets, including the higher tiers.
  • If you have spare gold, check the Auction House in Altdorf for gear/talisman/potions.
IMPORTANT: make sure to save at least 10 gold for your faster level 16 mount. It takes you from a lowly 25% speed boost to a 50% speed boost, which you will absolutely need in Tier 2+ oRvR. The next big horse upgrade comes at level 38 where you will need 100 gold to buy the 60% speed boost mount.

Ads
Seravajan

Post#19 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:15 am

Where to get the stuff for Talisman making? I have Scavenging but still, two slots in the making are empty due to lack of stuff to fill in. I assume that the stuff is coming from the other trade skill Salvaging.

How do I earn medals and so on? I got none in several scenario runs.

Another issue is that I can not distinct my group members from the other players from my realm in a scenario.

Edit: Does the AM getting group heals?

marafado
Suspended

Post#20 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:32 pm

Seravajan wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:38 am I'm a complete beginner on this game and I have many questions.

1. I started as a high elf archmage (AM). The class looks fun but it seems not to be a very good one.
2. Soloing with the AM is decent but hero type enemies of any levels are impossible due to serious action points issues because I run constantly out of action points and I take too much damage while dealing too less damage to them.
3. I have one quest which is not advancing at all: Silent Shores. How do I take notes? Is that automatic?
4. Looking for a list of all used abbreviations in this game. Ex what is an SC, a WB, wp and so on. Would be a nice list to pin in this subforum to help beginners.
5. How to get equipment? A lot of stuff on my character is still L5 and below. And I'm level 11 now. I do quests, the public quests and more but for the amount of work, the rewards are very small.
6. A strange bug constantly locks my healing powers. The attacking powers are still working when this happens.
7. I learned the Talisman crafting but I dunno, how to use that.
8. I tested an Ironbreaker, but that class looks very dull at the beginning. Will it become better at higher levels?
9. How to get access to the tactics? There seem a level 8 tactics existing but it is not available for me.
10. Can not add a pic with a screen bug in this forum. Add files does absolutely nothing. The issue is that the tactics buttons are overlapping the skill buttons and can not be moved at all.
ror is special ;p
can give you 1 or 2 advices:
-create 2 accounts, install state of realm addon and play the side with more ppl;
-after the weak patch is released login and type " best patch ever";