Recent Topics

Ads

The easiest class

In this section, you will find some advices and basics to start quietly ingame. Question like " I'm lvl 1, what shall i do?", "What class shall i pick?", will find some answers in this place.
AlMali

The easiest class

Post#1 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:29 pm

Hello.
I would like to ask what is the "easiest" class? In terms of rotation? Destro/Order

Ads
orfeask

Re: The easiest class

Post#2 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:40 pm

Chosen/Knight of the Blazing sun
Their signature mechanic is having three passive auras turned on, so what remains to press are the common mechanics that all tanks have (guarding and keeping guard disatnce, hold the line, punts,challenge), their morale buttons , some crowd control and defnsive buttons and their main damage button that you won't be pressing that much anyway.

M0rw47h

Post#3 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:50 pm

I never would say Knight or Chosen are easy, and calling them easiest is kinda mindblowing, when just poorly placed stagger screws over your entire warband. Not to mention, its reactionary character and it doesn't have any "rotation".

orfeask

Post#4 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:56 pm

M0rw47h wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:50 pm I never would say Knight or Chosen are easy, and calling them easiest is kinda mindblowing, when just poorly placed stagger screws over your entire warband. Not to mention, its reactionary character and it doesn't have any "rotation".
Learning when to use 1 skill or not is much much easier than say learning the mechanic of a blackguard/ironbreaker and also you don't need chosens/knights in pug enviroments to make sure every enemy has immunities like for example a misplaced aoe punt from a BO/SM or a misplaced aoe knockdown from a mara can equally screw **** up.
Also OP asked easiest classes in regards of ROTATION so I presented him the classes with the least buttons/mechanics to play around.

Plus because they are reactionary classes with not many buttons to play it is easier to learn what to use in what situation.

wachlarz

Post#5 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:48 pm

Monster mara. Two buttons

Vandoles

Post#6 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:51 pm

Easiest for endgame? Probably a Chosen/Kotbs as mentioned above for tank, BW/Sorc for ranged, WP/DoK aoe healer for heals.

Easiest for a newbie to enjoy? Probably choppa/mara. Keep in mind a lot of the answers being given here are given with the idea of having played the game. If you're a complete newbie tank mechanics in War may be an issue to grasp. If you prefer order, BW is a nice, safe choice that you'll also be able to carry into the endgame if you wish.

CelestianGC

Post#7 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:44 am

Vandoles wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:51 pm Easiest for endgame? Probably a Chosen/Kotbs as mentioned above for tank, BW/Sorc for ranged, WP/DoK aoe healer for heals.
I'm surprised at the mention of WP/DoK being "easy" heals? Or did you just mean "easy aoe"? Because the mechanic makes it more complex than say, Rune priest which to me seems like a straight up "cleric/priest" type healer from just about any other game.

Pandastyle

Post#8 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:47 am

WL. Jump and then faceroll on the keyboard to kill squishys
If you want to play order
85 Mara
80 Choppa
80 Zealot

Ads
Vandoles

Post#9 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:52 pm

CelestianGC wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:44 am
Vandoles wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:51 pm Easiest for endgame? Probably a Chosen/Kotbs as mentioned above for tank, BW/Sorc for ranged, WP/DoK aoe healer for heals.
I'm surprised at the mention of WP/DoK being "easy" heals? Or did you just mean "easy aoe"? Because the mechanic makes it more complex than say, Rune priest which to me seems like a straight up "cleric/priest" type healer from just about any other game.
WP/DoK is less punishing due to being more resilient and aoe heals make it easier to focus on basics. Yeh, rune priest/zealot are the "priest" but they start off simple and it gets a bit more difficult later on due to absolutely needing to know when/how to detaunt, position yourself, prioritize heals. WP/DoK start off a bit difficult because it even takes time to get your spells, but not impossible and later on gives you a lot of breathing room and lack of obstacles to play. Not to mention WP/DoK are always welcome in basically every group ever.

Vandoles

Post#10 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:56 pm

Pandastyle wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:47 am WL. Jump and then faceroll on the keyboard to kill squishys
If you want to play order
Don't use sarcasm or bitterness on a guy legitimately asking for what class to play. You may influence his decision and RoR loses a player when he finds out he had the wrong idea after dumping a lot of time in it.