Recent Topics

Ads

Tanking requirements for bastion stairs?

In this section, you will find some advices and basics to start quietly ingame. Question like " I'm lvl 1, what shall i do?", "What class shall i pick?", will find some answers in this place.
UltimateRorrior

Tanking requirements for bastion stairs?

Post#1 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:44 pm

What armor and auras are necessary for this on KotBS? Have tried twice once in half vanq/ half invader and in full invader with subjugator sword/shield and it was a struggle.

Ads
Noslock

Re: Tanking requirements for bastion stairs?

Post#2 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:47 pm

vanq/redeye with armour talisman should be fine.At least is what i used on bo.5500 armour is probably what u need.

wonshot

Post#3 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:12 pm

Having 0.0% chance to be critted for pve is pretty crutial, both for you and the person you are guarding so when bosses do their abilities you dont get critted for a few thousand AND take guarddamge for someone else getting critted. Saving defensive cooldowns like Vigilence, Shieldwall or whatever to help your healers out.

some of the encounters in Bastionstairs does have aggroreset mechanics and stacking armordebuffs, pay attention to the boss mechanics.
As for the gear, pretty much most defensve set mixes should do already in a 2-2-2 party where everyone is average skillleveling, have pve tactics equipped and you do the mechanics.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

UltimateRorrior

Post#4 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:36 pm

Ahh yeah think my armor was only around 4100. Whenever i ask in game pretty much no one responds and 1 person told me don't worry about armor. Yeah, i always have 0 crit with extra initiative but never thought about guard's crit chance. Thanks for responses

Panodil

Post#5 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:43 pm

Done 8 runs maintankon rr50 chosen with conq+redeye(armor bonus) and 2 rr39 sc weapon. Almost full 137 armor talies. No struggle, did have decent group most runs.
Panodil WP
Panodill DoK
Panodilz Zealot
Panodilr Runepriest
Run Shaman
Panage Archmage

anarchypark

Post#6 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:57 pm

do u have aggrometer ?
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

UltimateRorrior

Post#7 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:29 pm

No,i should get aggrometer.never had a problem with the aggro though, just everyone dieing

mytreds

Post#8 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:12 am

I’ve done my runs of BS with full invader, subj weapons, genesis everlasting just fine. The only time I had to worry about my armor was against the mini boss that hurts you if you heal. Full invader has a mending proc that **** you up during the fight. Other than that, my invader set has done me well.

Ads