Recent Topics

Ads

how to level fast?

In this section, you will find some advices and basics to start quietly ingame. Question like " I'm lvl 1, what shall i do?", "What class shall i pick?", will find some answers in this place.
Vandoles

Re: how to level fast?

Post#11 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:23 pm

PvE is quite fast, paired with scenarios. The key is to queue for scenarios and if you lose, stop queueing for a while. If you string 2-3 wins and queue is super fast, go to altdorf to turn in the quest. This will also help out with your RR later on.

If you're aoe, you can go aoe PQs if you find a healer. it is incredibly fast. If you're a healer, same deal. If you're a WP/DoK you can solo easy/normal PQs and get a decent chunk of xp. If you're a SW, especially skirmrish specc, you can easily solo hard PQs, it takes a while and some pqs are quite bad for this, but it can really push you up. Do the epic quests if you pve at all - they're not the most efficient, but war epic quests are surprisingly good, well written, fun overall and really help break the monotony.

And guys, not all people are ok with staying low rank and leveling renown. Lots of classes have entire speccs locked behind level - a WH can barely even play the game until about rank 30, for example. A SW needs about r25 or so to be able to do aoe at all and even then is lacking some key skills. Lots of classes also have cool flavor skills behind a level wall - mara pull, wh/we jump. Its actually quite badly thought of.

Ads
VindicoAtrum

Post#12 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:14 am

MelloRed wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:56 pm The quickest way to level your character rank to 40 is PvE. Just go chapter town to chapter town taking quest after quest. The lowest level towns that will still give experience is probably the best place to start as it seemed to me the speed of going through the quests provided much more xp than doing content at your character level.
This isn't true. The time taken to run quests in is better spent grinding mobs.

As far as I can tell, with three characters leveled, grinding mobs on certain classes is faster than absolutely everything else. Most dps classes can do (single target only, aoe tends to mean damage taken = even slower, since natural healing is very slow to kick in) 6 mobs per minute with little-to-no damage taken, so AP and cooldowns becomes the limiting factor. Between 35 and 40 this was producing insane rates of XP/hour, but it's dire to actually do. One to two hours at a time is enough to blast up the levels and not quit from boredom.
MelloRed wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:56 pm But if you were to do this to 40 you'd be severely under-geared when you got there.
Hardly an issue now. Zone locks and forts are so frequent RR gain is so fast its trivially easy to reach RR50. All the old guides that claim "RR is all the matters!" are now stiffled by the fact you'll be RR60 before CR40 if you pure rvr level. You'll own entire annihilator/conq before you can actually wear either of them, and you'll be RR50+ wearing garbage armor and hating yourself for being piss weak in rvr. You'll be earning soldiers medallions at cr28-29 rr45+ when you really need conqs, two levels higher.

Source: Me, and three characters leveled over the past 4 months, all in rvr, all with the same issues.

Disael

Post#13 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:24 pm

VindicoAtrum wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:14 am
Hardly an issue now. Zone locks and forts are so frequent RR gain is so fast its trivially easy to reach RR50. All the old guides that claim "RR is all the matters!" are now stiffled by the fact you'll be RR60 before CR40 if you pure rvr level. You'll own entire annihilator/conq before you can actually wear either of them, and you'll be RR50+ wearing garbage armor and hating yourself for being piss weak in rvr. You'll be earning soldiers medallions at cr28-29 rr45+ when you really need conqs, two levels higher.

Source: Me, and three characters leveled over the past 4 months, all in rvr, all with the same issues.
I have a similar experience. Started about 2 months ago and went to oRvR only at about lvl22. I was RR54 when i finally hit CR40, and that only because i grinded mobs from 37-40. I got so much annihilator and officer meds at a time where i actually needed vanquisher or conquerer stuff. After hitting 40 in finally started getting vanq in gold bags, but with the 10+ forts and 3+ cities per day that is happening atm, i finished invader way before vanquisher.

Currenty I'm trying the mob grind on a marauder. That guy gets levels so fast it's insane (compared to my first toon). Only RR18 at CR36. I'll test how fast the RR goes up now in zergs

Kysaro

Post#14 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:28 pm

Join a guild, get them to powerlevel you. izi

I´m a sorc, all I had to do was find a healer and AoE farm. Reached level 40 in a day. All that nonesence of questing, pvping etc. It´s just not the fastest way. Grind XP via AoE, if ur class doesn´t allow you to, find someone who is willing to help out.

PS - I disagree with all the stay in tier 1/2/3 comments, it´s ass. I just got back and my RR was **** (43). We are now 7 days in and already level 67 because its easy farming renown/gear.
Kysana - Sorc

billyk

Post#15 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:15 pm

Questing is usually too slow because you have to run through these giant maps for a few XP. But there are some quests in the beginning that give very good XP for doing almost nothing, like messenger quests, that one where you have to find the missing courier at the Nordland beach, or the one where you deliver the Altdorf guard's letter to his gf.

Other than that, yeah, probabky AoE grinding. SCs are hit and miss because you never know when you are gonna hit a premade and because SCs don't always pop regularily.