Recent Topics

Ads

Best solo class

In this section, you will find some advices and basics to start quietly ingame. Question like " I'm lvl 1, what shall i do?", "What class shall i pick?", will find some answers in this place.

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

Starx

Re: Best solo class

Post#21 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:41 am

desizt wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:47 am
People talking about BURST for solo roam class don't know what they are talking about...

99% of the time you won't find your 1v1 to burst someone down, you end up being CCd halfway through your combo and die in 2 seconds on those chars. 99% of the time you find 2+ people so you should build a spec that is not just 1v1 "oh look at me i press 1 button on my full vanq WL and kill this guy lololol" glass trash.

You need to consider actually surviving 1vX situation and winning it. Seeing those "solo ganker" WE's running around in full conq thinking they are on the right path makes me sad to look at them.

Nat3s summed it up pretty good. He didn't add Engi though, which can work wonders for kiting and killing in 1vX situations if built correctly and playing grenadier, but has a very high skillcap though.
If you dont have good burst you are gonna lose every encounter you run into solo when the other side has a 80+ iq healer involved. AM has probably some of the highest burst potential of any class when they have precasted high magic stacks and the absolutely disgusting DPS the channel tactic can add. Engineer and magus both have very scary timestamp potential.

knowing how to kite, having the correct triple pot setup etc... should make it so you dont need to be building defensive. Which is why I only put classes that can kite in my 1vX/solo reccomendations, yes even WL can kite.

Ads
desizt

Re: Best solo class

Post#22 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:33 am

The only class you can get away with that is DPS AM/Shaman... Sure WL can kite, but good luck kiting a mSH or WE. I love when those solo roamer lions jump on my rege WE, I can just autoattack them to death if need be. And there's no way for them to kite it off.