nat3s wrote: ↑
Sun May 31, 2020 9:58 am
Ignore the above, Mara is trash tier in 1v1 (great WB class though). I've played most meta solo classes as it's my preferred playstyle. I'd happily debate this order with anyone:
1. DPS AM - No question, reigns supreme, no counter class, beats everything Destro has to offer 1v1 including your 2h chosen, def magus, dps shammy meta classes. Power is in the AP drain and the fact casting it doesn't interrupt your detaunt. You'd be surprised how many newb AM don't know this and instead start a 1v1 casting dots and die.
2. DPS Shammy - As above, AP drain on CD, outlive initial burst of enemy and you don't even need to kite. Best 1v1 spec is to take Do Sumfin Useful in Mork and You Got Nuthin in Green which a lot of people don't realise. Beats all Order class besides AM (can beat AM if AM plays too offensively without cleansing on CD).
3. Regen WE - 600 abs tactic, kiss heal tactic, full Regeneration from renown points, then hp/sec gear. Can reach 420hp regen which with the 600 abs tactic and toughness talis slotted makes you unkillable, use low point Ruthless Assault to consume your Witchbrew stacks for burst. Don't be seduced into needing to hit 1050 str softcap, power here is in Witchbrew being Corp dmg so you can slot those tough/armour talis.
4. Def magus - 700 toughness, 950 int, 10k hp with Aegis up and 2.7k armour. Need to understand your cc immunities, if you use stagger you can't use disarm, if you use rift you can't use knockback. Once you know which cc combo to use for each class/situation they can do awesome things. Like any solo class, you need pots, 3.6k rejuv, 1.8k officer + 2.4k Aegis heal and 1h staff heal is 8.8k+ self healing on top of your 700 toughness, very powerful. Beats everything 1v1 other than DPS AM and imo is the most fun due to cc options.
5. Def IB - Outlast most classes, loses to dps shammy (eventually) and a well played spirit Chosen, but can usually just choose to leave the fight. Good self healing and ok ish dmg for a 2h tank. Silky smooth if you setup Nerf Buttons properly.
6. Spirit Chosen - Spirit dmg so you no need for weapon skill allowing you to focus more on def. Destroys any melee, but like most 2h setups, you get kited.
7. Parry WH - The best melee stomper imo and can take on 2h solo tanks once you have the bonus points from Sov set to pick up both Blessed Blades and BAL.
8. DPS DoK - Bloodlord gear, heals a lot and does great dps. Dies to AM / def IB / Parry WH, but great pug stomper.
Ignore the echo chamber effect you see from the people screaming WL OP, WL don't make my top 10. In my experience players are blissfully unaware of the above meta picks. Your typical inexperienced solo roamer is usually trying to roam in a Zarbix style fully soft capped glass cannon setup which is complete dogshit against any proper 1v1 player. If you want to go full dps gear/renown then grab a healer, if you want to 1v1 then you need to be much more nuanced in your approach.