Recent Topics

Ads

Absorb-what is it and why am I seeing it so much?

In this section, you will find some advices and basics to start quietly ingame. Question like " I'm lvl 1, what shall i do?", "What class shall i pick?", will find some answers in this place.
mytreds

Absorb-what is it and why am I seeing it so much?

Post#1 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:44 am

Title. Why do I see so many absorb ticks? What creates it? What counters it?

Ads
R3xz

Re: Absorb-what is it and why am I seeing it so much?

Post#2 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:23 am

Some abilities, armor or tactic proc, as well as potion, can create a shield around a target (or targets), that can absorb up to an x amount of damage.

If I do recall, absorb is immune to crit, but does not take defensive/mitigation stat into account, so the best way to break it would be with a high dps class. Not sure if there is a way to remove the buff, but i'm fairly certain there isn't.

Grock

Post#3 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:32 am

There's a lot of passive absorb procs, empire/chaos have racial tactic, some defensive armor sets have it, some healers have on-heal proc that gives absorb shields and there's also abilities, potions, morales and so on.

The idea that absorb protects against crit dmg AFAIK was misinformation, while you dont see critical "absorbed" the abilitt can still crit and the rest of the damage will show up in combat log as some generic "Ability" attack

But to be honest i was testing that months ago and it might have been changed, or i might be misremembering it. Better test yourself to be sure.
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Kaelang

Post#4 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:40 am

It’s essentially a shield on your target absorbing you ability damage.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

korgall

Post#5 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:06 am

R3xz wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:23 am ... that can absorb up to an x amount of damage.
How does this up to X damage works ?

If I have a 500 damage shield on me, does this mean that it can absorb only 50 damage for example ?
Is the absorb limited to a single attack ?

corc0vado

Post#6 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:21 am

a 500 absorb shield will protect you for 500 damage. BUT keep in mind, all absorbs are before mitigation!

juhalanz

Post#7 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:38 am

corc0vado wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:21 am a 500 absorb shield will protect you for 500 damage. BUT keep in mind, all absorbs are before mitigation!
Yes armor/resist/tough are not taken into account.

but what about initiative/chance to be crit?

Manatikik

Post#8 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:41 am

juhalanz wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:38 am
corc0vado wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:21 am a 500 absorb shield will protect you for 500 damage. BUT keep in mind, all absorbs are before mitigation!
Yes armor/resist/tough are not taken into account.

but what about initiative/chance to be crit?
Absorbs cannot be crit.
<Montague><Capulet>

Ads
juhalanz

Post#9 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:50 am

Manatikik wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:41 am
Absorbs cannot be crit.
wow, didn't know that !

Do you mean that while i've a abs shield up i'm "immune" to crits?

korgall

Post#10 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:54 pm

So absorb are very interesting for low defense classes like heal and glass canon dps but almost not for tanks who have high mitigation as you are absorbing damage that would have been mitigated anyway.

Am I correct ?

(I'm trying to assess the efficiency of both a skill and a tactic that are accessible to Zealots)