Recent Topics

Ads

Current addons for RoR?

In this section, you will find some advices and basics to start quietly ingame. Question like " I'm lvl 1, what shall i do?", "What class shall i pick?", will find some answers in this place.
BIGXz

Current addons for RoR?

Post#1 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:23 pm

Greetings.

A fairly new player here.

I am looking for fairly updated addons and a place to find such addons?

Specifically I am searching for healer helping addons, as I find it very difficult healing as a DoK with the original UI.
I have tried tampering with Squared, Healgrit and Enemy, all 3 seem so clunky to set up, feels almost as they are out of date, and thats the reason, but I am not sure?
I can set up an addon, so that I can see people's health dropping, and then click the bar, then use my spells. But in essence, thats just a new looking group frame. I am searching for addons that make it possible for clicking directly on the addons to heal. Or a WoW style mouseover addon.

I was able to get left mouse button to work on Enemy addon, but no middle mouse or right mouse button.

I am losing my patience by now, since I have spent hours already. So would love if anyone have some input, whether such addons even exists? Are the addons I am trying to customize outdated or what could be the issue.

Any help is greatly appriciated.

Cheers

Ads
Kaelang

Re: Current addons for RoR?

Post#2 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:18 pm

Hi,

I'm a healing DoK and have no problems with VinyUI. Give this a go but make sure you read all the installation or it'll look like you've broken your game.
viewtopic.php?t=6371

For a full suite of addons, check out Idrinth https://tools.idrinth.de/addons/
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

BIGXz

Post#3 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:47 pm

Thanks for the reply mate.

I did try that VinyUI thingie, couldn't get it to work properly.

Also my biggest question i think is, how do you heal as a DoK? Do you click targets in the middle of a battle, then click the spell, then click back to the enemy? Or do you use your mouse to click with directly, to avoid spending too much time on the ally target instead of the enemy target?

wanna993

Post#4 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:55 pm

You can target two people at the same time. One ally and one enemy.

Usually you'll end up clicking allies to heal through the part/wb frames. The default ones are very bad, so get an addon working for them.

Also you should learn not to click on spells as soon as possible. You'll realize that using keybinds is A LOT more effective. As your mouse is used to click on enemies (if tab fails you) or control your camera for effective kiting or just being aware of your surroundings.

Kaelang

Post#5 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:29 pm

BIGXz wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:47 pm Thanks for the reply mate.

I did try that VinyUI thingie, couldn't get it to work properly.

Also my biggest question i think is, how do you heal as a DoK? Do you click targets in the middle of a battle, then click the spell, then click back to the enemy? Or do you use your mouse to click with directly, to avoid spending too much time on the ally target instead of the enemy target?
I have my spells bound and then click to heal. However, as a DoK you want key targets rolling, your AoE hot constantly on and your dispell used on cooldown. Message me in-game and I can help you get to grips with it.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

BIGXz

Post#6 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:48 pm

Thanks a lot mate, appreciate it!

toffikx

Post#7 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:22 pm

Some good addons for the game:
https://wiki.returnofreckoning.com/index.php/Addons
How to track things like HoT spells in Enemy:
https://youtu.be/fp6HdV-V2TY