Recent Topics

Ads

New Order players avoid shadow warrior class at all costs

In this section, you will find some advices and basics to start quietly ingame. Question like " I'm lvl 1, what shall i do?", "What class shall i pick?", will find some answers in this place.
wpc56
Suspended

New Order players avoid shadow warrior class at all costs

Post#1 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:46 pm

Title said it all. At current state shadow warrior is completely not viable for warband, fort or city.

Just try to save you heartache and pain, roll bright wizard. It's the best order range dps class.

In my alliance, we are actively not bringing in shadow warriors to city because they bring pitiful aoe damage.

Here's the analysis from top guild on the server (literally the same set of players playing both sides so they know what they are talking about)

"Shadow warrior... I don't want to hurt anybodies feelings but they are what they are... the MEME class, the unloved underperforming class because it cannot compete with a bright wizard or slayer or even white lion... only reason to play one is if you are a high elf roleplayer and even then why wouldn't you pick a swordmaster or white lion much better choice... maybe one day they get some love and won't be the meme, there are a handful of good ones but for every good one there is atleast 20 bad ones and that is orders problem as a realm bringing useless classes to ORVR and expecting better results."

Ads
saupreusse
Developer

Re: New Order players avoid shadow warrior class at all costs

Post#2 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:50 pm

Im an advocate of sw buffs for 3 years. So far the skirm tree only got a lot of nerfs, so im not sure we will ever see a functioning range spec for sw.

wpc56
Suspended

Post#3 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:13 pm

Not even skirmish. SW is completely not viable in any tree in current aoe meta. It's no learn to play issue when the class itself has no "viable" aoe tools. Even if spiraling arrow tactic doesn't reduce dmg by 30%, it still hits like wet noodle and can't even compare remotely to melee squig herder.

It would mean a lot if aSW have an aoe spamable ability similar to mSH

jasonX
Suspended

Post#4 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:26 pm

I can ensure you that SW is not playable in RoR as well. My first character was a now 83rr SW. The best thing i did was to reroll.
having played SW on the official server where they were kinda viable, in RoR they are not viable at all.
The nerfs are huge, the viability of the ranged specs non existing either in Solo, 6man or 24man.
Assault SW is kinda viable in 6man on a very specific combo but other than that its trash. And if I were to play a melee class I would roll a pure melee class not a SW (as i did by rolling chopa and slayer which are 100% viable in all occasions)

DEVs hate SWs.
Do not roll a SW. The only thing you will see is more nerfes on an already butchered class. Devs completely ignore the community's feedback on that class.
Gitbane 81RR Choppa, proud guild master of Wispers of Mutiny
Gitbaner 77RR Chosen, tankier version of Gitbane
Gitbaneous 80RR sorc, heavy and tanky bomber mode.
Ethilia 84RR SW (too much nerf, RIP :()
Gitbaneus 81rr BW
Gitbone 77rr Slayer

dysfori

Post#5 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:57 pm

Or just play what you like and dont fall into conformity.

phononHYPE

Post#6 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:07 pm

I have a ~rr58 skirmish SW (was scout for a long while... that's a painful lesson) that I play here and there. As I see it, a WB only ever needs one SW, and its for buff abilities. I run this RoR.builders - Shadow Warrior, and that's all you need to 'participate' in large scale rvr. You help your mates by reducing their defenses and hopefully giving your party some crit. That's all they're good for on large scale.

Small scale? As a choppa main (rr84), ASW rr60+ beat me and skirmish are at least 40% win vs me. I'm sure I'm a horrible player with crap ping who solos on a group-based class, but those are my observations. At high level, 2 weeks ago I fought a rr81 ASW while trying out builds. I was at 1056 HP, tripple-potted, 3600 absorb M1, had about 45% parry and got off a full Furious Choppin. I'm about -5% to be crit. It was a 2 minutes fight, and I saw him pot once at about 30% towards the end. I wish I had that kind of dps as a melee only class.

He had tried to jump be before and I got away, then I went after him - fight starts at 22:56:04
Spoiler:
I parried him 3 times to his 7.
I hit him 24 times, including dot ticks. He hit me 39 times.
I never crit him, he crit me 11 times.
I absorbed (0 damage) 11 of his attacks.
I did 6,737 damage to his 17,677.

SW is a melee class.
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

Lime

Post#7 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:57 pm

Not being in demand for city or warbands is not a reason to not play a class.

Black guard, Iron Breaker, Shaman, Shadow Warrior, Dps dok, range squig, Arch Mage, We, Wh are all great classes for general play but not in demand Or desired for war band/city (0-1 is brought but class is not stacked nor required to be competitive)

These classes are still fun and effective in many situations.
Limey: 83 Knight Limeyx: 77 BG

wpc56
Suspended

Post#8 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:49 pm

Lime wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:57 pm Not being in demand for city or warbands is not a reason to not play a class.

Black guard, Iron Breaker, Shaman, Shadow Warrior, Dps dok, range squig, Arch Mage, We, Wh are all great classes for general play but not in demand Or desired for war band/city (0-1 is brought but class is not stacked nor required to be competitive)

These classes are still fun and effective in many situations.
Until you are told by your guild/alliance that sorry, we cannot bring your class because you add nothing to city/wb

BG/IB still are tank, still have guards and they will always be invited for the 2/2/2 combo to fill in the slot
DPS Shaman/AM/Dok all still "can" heal, can rez and have other utilities (AP drain, healing debuff, silence...etc)
WE/WH actually are more viable then SW because they do have aoe tactic (not at -30% dmg) and they can be guarded to try and do aoe (TUP have one WH doing aoe morale drain)
SH can respec melee and be completely viable, if they "choose" not to, that's their problem.

However, SW can't "choose" to melee and do a ton of aoe dmg because the limitation on the class itself, not spec

Ads
Cataflan

Post#9 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:56 pm

Is Which Elf in the same situation? I really like the class but I feel pretty useless on oRvR and fear it will be the same in city sieges

wpc56
Suspended

Post#10 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:33 pm

Both Witch elf and WH have aoe tactic and it doesn't have -30% dmg modifier. SW have zero "spammable" aoe attack that's worth anything.

Lileth arrow forces you in skirmish stance (squishy) with a channel time and deals pitiful dmg. Why bring SW spamming LA or spiralled arrows when it:

Does pitiful dmg compared to other AOE classes
Squishy and dies when pull in by get to da choppa

This is in the context of 24v24, each spot needs to be secured for a purpose. DPS needs to do aoe dmg (because dev wants city to be bomb vs bomb, don't pretend otherwise)

Literally ANY class is better than SW in city... you are increasing your WB failure rate by bring one, let alone multiple.