Recent Topics

Ads

Sarnai's (mostly Order) Grab-Bag of Tips and Info

In this section, you will find some advices and basics to start quietly ingame. Question like " I'm lvl 1, what shall i do?", "What class shall i pick?", will find some answers in this place.
Sarnai

Sarnai's (mostly Order) Grab-Bag of Tips and Info

Post#1 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:50 pm

//Edited for (hopefully) easier reading//

Greetings all! With the massive, sudden influx of new players, Advice chat has been awash with questions. Often these are simple ones, and often they are the same ones so hopefully a lot of the new players are checking out things here in the forums and this will help with some of the little things/questions that keep popping up. There's no real order here, or importance, but I'll try to categorize as best I can. Here goes!

Travelling:
Spoiler:
1. Here, everyone starts with a mount. It'll be in your backpack. Add it to one of your hotbars and use it just like an ability.
2. Travelling between zones is done through Flight Masters in all Warcamps and most Chapter camps. Order will have a dorf in gyrocopter, Destro will have a mushroom on a dragon.
3. The only cities open are in the Empire zone, Altdorf and the Inevitable City. Any level can fly there at any time for 50 copper.
4. The WAR Report can teleport you to the action in each tier, with a 20 minute cooldown. Click on the small scroll in your minimap and use the arrows to find the tier you want. Depending on the destination you choose, you will be teleported to the nearest safe zone to that location. That could be a Warcamp or a Chapter camp, so learn your maps and know what to expect. (Example: Using the WAR Report to go the Monastery of Morr will put you in the T2 warcamp, but teleporting to Kinschel's Stronghold will put you in the nearby Chapter camp. Same RVR zone, but different destinations.)
Crafting:
Spoiler:
1. There are 2 crafting professions (apothecary (potion making), talisman making) and 4 gathering professions (cultivation, scavenging, salvaging, butchering.) You may only level 1 of each, and switching will erase the levels you had already gained. Check the RoR Wiki for more information but I'll touch on a few things here.
2. All crafting trainers can be found in Altdorf Market Square. The Hedge Wizard teaches talisman making.
3. Keep apothecary containers in your regular backpack, not your crafting one. I've found it bugs less this way.
4. Control-right click on apothecary plants to convert to seeds for cultivating.
5. The equation for farming mobs is (mob level)x5, and it rounds down. So for level 50 mats, you need to farm levels 10-14. Mob levels 15-19 will get you level 75 mats.
Questing:
Spoiler:
1. EWALD IS THE CORPSE BY THE ROCKS FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY
Scenarios:
Spoiler:
1. The blue circle in the corner of your mini-map is the Scenario Queue button. Click it to queue. Right-click to remove yourself from queues without getting the Quitter! debuff.
2. Each scenario has specific objectives, they aren't just deathmatches. Learn them.
3. Each week has a new PUG (pick-up-group) scenario, which only allows players to queue solo or duo, this is to try to give a 'premade-free' option. Type .pug in chat to see which one it is.
4. Expect premades in the other scenarios (yes, even in T1.) A premade is a balanced group of players usually in comms chat with focused, dedicated teamwork. Being a part of one is awesome, so make friends out there!
oRVR:
Spoiler:
1. As it stands, T2-T4 are combined. Sub-40s will have their stats (but not their equipment) will be bolstered to level 48. So don't be surprised when you see level 40's running around Troll Country and Marshes of Madness. Be less surprised when an RR 80 in Sovereign dumpsters you. Dust yourself off and get back out there.
2. Keep are leveled by running supplies. Supply boxes spawn at Battlefield Objectives. You need a minimum of 2 BOs for supplies to spawn, then another for each level of your keep over 2. So a 3-star keep requires 3 BOs to spawn supplies, and so forth. Keep levels go as follows:
1 Star: The rank before 2 stars
2 Star: Minimum requirement to spawn a ram for sieging
3 Star: This will lock the posterns on the INNER KEEP ONLY to all enemy except dps with the 'Bypass' ability. Important defensive rank if you know you'll be under siege.
4 Star: No idea what this does
5 Star: Having a 5 Star keep AND holding ALL BOs will cap a zone without a siege. Tough to do, rare to see.
3. Holding BOs during a siege will keep your faction's cannons supplied. Just holding the BO will do this, no need to run supplies.
4. Running supplies during a siege will repair a damaged door or Keep Lord (if you can get the supply to the drop spot, usually inside the keep itself.)
5. In T4 zones, there will be a supply drop outside of warcamps that can be used ONLY if your keep is under attack. This keeps the fighting spread out in the zone and not all centralized at the keep. If you can't get in to directly help in the defense of your keep, take BOs to keep the defender's cannons supplied and run boxes to keep your door repaired! There's always something to do!
6. A common strategy is to camp the enemy's warcamp to prevent reinforcements during a siege. The way to get around this is:
If your faction controls a BO AND there is someone present AT the BO, a glowing portal will open up in your warcamp allowing you to teleport there. So if you're conducting a siege and the enemy has your
warcamp cut off, grab the nearest BO to allow reinforcements to teleport there!
Chat Protocols:
Spoiler:
1. There are lots of channels in this game. Here are the important ones:
/p Party Chat - Just the people in your party, even if you're in a warband. Just saying 'inc' here is useful.
/wb Warband Chat - Your entire warband can see this. Just saying 'inc' in this chat is useful
/t1 Tier 1 Chat - Seen by everyone in T1, regardless of zone. Just saying 'inc' in this chat is pointless
/t4 Tier 4 Chat - Seen by everyone in T4, regardless of zone. Just saying 'inc' in this chat is pointless
/1 Region Chat - Seen by people ONLY in the zone you are in. Just saying 'inc' in this chat is pointless
/ad Advice Chat - Ask easily answerable, sensible questions here. Expect at least 1 smartass answer. Just saying 'inc' in this chat is especially pointless.
/5 Looking For Group Chat - This is to find groups to roam/scenario/dungeon with. Just saying 'inc' in this chat is super pointless.
/4 Trade Chat - Buy or sell things outside the auction house. Don't say 'inc' here.
/3 General Chat - Just that, general GAME RELATED chat. Say 'inc' here, I don't care anymore.
/6 Off-Topic Chat - Everything else, non game-related. 'Inc' away to your heart's content.

2. Turn off that MMR and Monster Aggro Spam by right-clicking on your chat tab and going to Filters and uncheck Channel 9.
3. Use /w (player name) to Privately Message a player.
Random:
Spoiler:
1. The barber is in Altdorf Market Square by the Auction House.
2. The Renown Trainer and Mastery Trainer are outside Sigmar's Temple.
3. The first dungeon available is the Altdorf sewers, and you must be at least level 16 to enter. The quests give the 'Keeper' armor set, a great beginner T2 set for most classes and also looks very cool.
4. On the topic of appearances, the 'Alternate Appearance' for items works as follows: click the 'Appearance' box on your character screen, and then drag the item you want the LOOK of into the equipment spot on your character. This will also bind that equipment to your character.
That's all I can think of for now and I'm tired of typing. Hope this helps, feel free to ask any questions, and maybe I'll add to this in the future. See you all out there!
Last edited by Sarnai on Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
WH looking for gunbad left

Ads
Tanski

Re: Sarnai's (mostly Order) Grab-Bag of Tips and Info

Post#2 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:11 am

RR 80 WH of Gunbad left will pass on bags

Lol great Guide though!
75+ BG
80 Choppa/slyer
80 wl
70 + sm
70 bw/sorc
80 wh, we
60 sham/am

Sarnai

Re: Sarnai's (mostly Order) Grab-Bag of Tips and Info

Post#3 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:08 am

Tanski wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:11 am RR 80 WH of Gunbad left will pass on bags

Lol great Guide though!
Forever looking.
WH looking for gunbad left