Recent Topics

Ads

Is it worth just for PVE?

In this section, you will find some advices and basics to start quietly ingame. Question like " I'm lvl 1, what shall i do?", "What class shall i pick?", will find some answers in this place.
Tryant

Is it worth just for PVE?

Post#1 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:39 am

Hi,

I played this game back in the day but did not have the time nor commitment to push trough and actually get high level.
Now I am looking for a good mmorpg(done with ffxiv and don't like what wow has become) and I love warhammer.

But my problem is i'm more of a pve person dungeons and stuff. But all I hear is PvP in this game. Is it actually worth for me to play this game for the pve content mainly and maybe pvp later?

Thnx in advance :)

Ads
Roamy

Re: Is it worth just for PVE?

Post#2 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:05 am

Short answer: no. It's inherently designed as a faction versus faction game. The end-game dungeons can be fun, but are more an afterthought and nowhere near comparable to pve-centric games in terms of design.

The levelling can be quite good, with solid quests and beautiful zones, and the atmosphere in the game is superb, as well as map design and the likes (at least in my opinion). Classes are interesting and relatively unique compared to other mmos, but in the end the skills and abilities are made with pvp in mind.

I'd say give it a try and see how you enjoy some of the low level faction versus faction (what we call RvR) gameplay and go from there. :)
Roamy - Marauder cannon fodder with Pain and Pleasure.

PDM
Banned

Post#3 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:11 pm

Thankyouforlistening wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:06 am
Tryant wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:39 am Hi,

I played this game back in the day but did not have the time nor commitment to push trough and actually get high level.
Now I am looking for a good mmorpg(done with ffxiv and don't like what wow has become) and I love warhammer.

But my problem is i'm more of a pve person dungeons and stuff. But all I hear is PvP in this game. Is it actually worth for me to play this game for the pve content mainly and maybe pvp later?

Thnx in advance :)
The server still lacks most of the pathfinding, so PvE feels a bit more clunky ~ but most of the quests are working. The ToK has plenty of content to read, if you fancy lore and such.

There's also a couple of dungeons and raid-esque PQs... it's not easy to find groups for PvE content tho, your best bet is finding a guild or having a chat with Tibdum specifically if you are playing order.

All in all, this game is centered around PvP, yes. There are a couple of RP guilds on each realm, so I'd suggest to try and slowly edge towards PvP through RP-PvE/PvP events and the like.

Best of luck.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PDM
Banned

Post#4 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:30 pm

Thankyouforlistening wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:21 pm
PDM wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:11 pm
Spoiler:
Thankyouforlistening wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:06 am

The server still lacks most of the pathfinding, so PvE feels a bit more clunky ~ but most of the quests are working. The ToK has plenty of content to read, if you fancy lore and such.

There's also a couple of dungeons and raid-esque PQs... it's not easy to find groups for PvE content tho, your best bet is finding a guild or having a chat with Tibdum specifically if you are playing order.

All in all, this game is centered around PvP, yes. There are a couple of RP guilds on each realm, so I'd suggest to try and slowly edge towards PvP through RP-PvE/PvP events and the like.

Best of luck.
Ah, the curious little bugger is back.

Humans usually learn, within the first couple of years of their lives, to unterstand that there's more than just their own perspective on the world - that other people might have other interests. Moreso that there's a difference between answering a question, and actively advocating for their interests.

I don't have to like the PvE aspects of this game to relay useful information about it. Obilgatory: :)
"curious little bugger"
you sound like a retard saying that

carlos

Post#5 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:11 pm

Thankyouforlistening wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:37 pm
PDM wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:30 pm
Spoiler:
Thankyouforlistening wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:21 pm

Ah, the curious little bugger is back.

Humans usually learn, within the first couple of years of their lives, to unterstand that there's more than just their own perspective on the world - that other people might have other interests. Moreso that there's a difference between answering a question, and actively advocating for their interests.

I don't have to like the PvE aspects of this game to relay useful information about it. Obilgatory: :)
"curious little bugger"
That's the sacrifice I am willing to make to humour you ~ it's an exercise in futility, but I might aswell try.
Off-topic

@PDM have you offered anything to any post? Calling ppl all kinds of rude **** in safety behind your screen - is this what get you off?
Starfkr

Tryant

Post#6 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:14 pm

Roamy wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:05 am Short answer: no. It's inherently designed as a faction versus faction game. The end-game dungeons can be fun, but are more an afterthought and nowhere near comparable to pve-centric games in terms of design.

The levelling can be quite good, with solid quests and beautiful zones, and the atmosphere in the game is superb, as well as map design and the likes (at least in my opinion). Classes are interesting and relatively unique compared to other mmos, but in the end the skills and abilities are made with pvp in mind.

I'd say give it a try and see how you enjoy some of the low level faction versus faction (what we call RvR) gameplay and go from there. :)
Thanks for the response! I did install and made a char and played a little to see if the graphics were playable and no crazy ping and stuff. It played fine but if I have to play PvP or RvR just to level then it is probably not for me. I am just nostalgic about the game that I never tried hard enough to really get to know. But at the same time looking for a good mmorpg for my PvE needs mostly so I was hoping this could be both nostalgic and meet my PvE needs :P
Thankyouforlistening wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:06 am The server still lacks most of the pathfinding, so PvE feels a bit more clunky ~ but most of the quests are working. The ToK has plenty of content to read, if you fancy lore and such.

Best of luck.
Thansk for the response! Sorry but what is ToK?
I think I am in between Casual PvE and roleplay I mean I do like it when things take time like actually having to go to a dungeon instead of dungeon finder. But i'm not an actual roleplayer with trying to chat in character style and such.
So I guess i'm kinda in a small category :(
PDM wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:11 pm :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Well that did not help anybody. Do you have other views about the game? Would love to hear them! Everbody can have their own opinion.

Thnx everybody and sorry for my English I'm from the Netherlands so not a native speaker.

PDM
Banned

Post#7 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:26 pm

carlos wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:11 pm
PDM wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:30 pm
Spoiler:
"curious little bugger"
That's the sacrifice I am willing to make to humour you ~ it's an exercise in futility, but I might aswell try.
Off-topic

@PDM have you offered anything to any post? Calling ppl all kinds of rude **** in safety behind your screen - is this what get you off?
try to not get offended you sensitive sheep

carlos

Post#8 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:52 pm

PDM wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:26 pm

Off-topic

No, no, no m8, sry if you thought that that was the case. Your impact on my life is zero to nothing, i'm only curious.
Just feels like there is something better and more productive for you to do and leave ppl be.

I might be wrong. This might be the highlight of your life and then I will ofc let you have it and not interfer.

Also, I notice the lack of your ability to actually answer my first question (which in itself is an answer).
Starfkr

Ads
PDM
Banned

Post#9 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:04 pm

Thankyouforlistening wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:50 pm
Spoiler:

Off-topic

Mate, not everyone can handle your edgy humor. Mind you, considering the both of us are still able to post, Wargrimnir is among those tied up with IRL (as per Vali's post), you know how he handles these kind of situations.

As much of a nuisance you might be, I'd rather not see you suspended. Just be more witty and you'll get your point across without running the risk of getting yourself manhandled by the gms.
rah,you have 31 posts,who the **** even are you?
stick to flag capping you cuck

PDM
Banned

Post#10 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:05 pm

carlos wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:52 pm

Off-topic

No, no, no m8, sry if you thought that that was the case. Your impact on my life is zero to nothing, i'm only curious.
Just feels like there is something better and more productive for you to do and leave ppl be.

I might be wrong. This might be the highlight of your life and then I will ofc let you have it and not interfer.

Also, I notice the lack of your ability to actually answer my first question (which in itself is an answer).
cry more you toddler