Recent Topics

Ads

New Player questions

In this section, you will find some advices and basics to start quietly ingame. Question like " I'm lvl 1, what shall i do?", "What class shall i pick?", will find some answers in this place.
Caleb

New Player questions

Post#1 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:02 am

Hi everyone!

First of all thank you very much for the devs for reviving this game and working on it for all of us! As a new player I would like to ask a few question I'd appreciate help with if someone has the time. :?

1. I know Warhammer Online is mostly PvP-based and I will naturally participate, but I am also a lore nerd and I am interested if there is a somewhat relevant PvE content in the game? Or are the quests interesting with some unique stories?

2. I was thinking of playing a Swordmaster and I've seen it is marked as a Tank, does that mean I can strictly only play it as one, or is there a way to use 2H Weapon with the Swordmaster and still be very useful if I want to contribute to group plays?

Ads
Grock

Re: New Player questions

Post#2 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:18 pm

Caleb wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:02 am 1. I know Warhammer Online is mostly PvP-based and I will naturally participate, but I am also a lore nerd and I am interested if there is a somewhat relevant PvE content in the game? Or are the quests interesting with some unique stories?
You are in luck because this game has a feature called Tome of Knowledge - a journal of all the lore and story of the game, quests, bestiary and so on. As far as i know there hasn't been anything similar in other MMORPGs yet. (plus all the potential warhammer lore outside of the game)
Most quests are missing some NPC dialogue though, so it might be hard to figure out full picture.

Caleb wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:02 am2. I was thinking of playing a Swordmaster and I've seen it is marked as a Tank, does that mean I can strictly only play it as one, or is there a way to use 2H Weapon with the Swordmaster and still be very useful if I want to contribute to group plays?
Every tank can be played with two-hander, and every tank/healer can be built into damage, so they can be pretty self-suffiient in pve.
Wouldn't doing that in PvP because off-role specs attract some negativity from fellow players.
(although two-handed tanks with a hybrid defence/offence build are great for SCs and small scale)
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)