Recent Topics

Ads

Detaunt and guard, do they stack ?

In this section, you will find some advices and basics to start quietly ingame. Question like " I'm lvl 1, what shall i do?", "What class shall i pick?", will find some answers in this place.
Arguetlam

Detaunt and guard, do they stack ?

Post#1 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:50 am

Hello follow ror player.
Pretty much what the title say.
I have read some guide saying that it does not stack but ppl in my guilde seems to be sure it work with eatch other, like double guard.

Can someone confirm how the two abilitie work with each other. Preferably with fact and not belief.

Thanks you.

Ads
Hargrim
Developer

Re: Detaunt and guard, do they stack ?

Post#2 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:00 am

Arguetlam wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:50 am Hello follow ror player.
I have read some guide saying that it does not stack but ppl in my guilde seems to be sure it work with eatch other, like double guard.

Can someone confirm how the two abilitie work with each other. Preferably with fact and not belief.

Thanks you.

Can't you test it yourself? It is trivial with a tank, a character with detaunt and a NPC.

toffikx

Post#3 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:12 am

:!:
Last edited by toffikx on Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tesq

Post#4 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:29 am

They dont but detaunt work pre guard which mean if you detaunt as dps you remove for those x sec the dmgs from the tank usefull for lower pressure.

The only exeption is shammy/squig detaunt tactic due following tactic+skill stacking rules.

Arguetlam

Post#5 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:41 am

Hargrim wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:00 am

Thanks you.

Can't you test it yourself? It is trivial with a tank, a character with detaunt and a NPC.
I could probably do the test yes.
But what is the interest to have a community if not to share information and experiences with the newer players that try to invest themselve in the game ?
If all the answer to any inquiries are : "do the test yourself" we would not go fare in any endavour irl or ig.
We build on others expérience of trial and error. If the test was done before why waste anyone time ?
Unless it is meant to be a secret ?

Thanks

anarchypark

Post#6 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:13 am

last time i checked it doesn't.
when both on target it still reduce only 50% and guard tank don't get guard dmg.
both stack with challenge though.

when community say different things on same question, best way is testing yourself.

which one would u believe your guild or random forum warrior, or yourself ?
if u wanna test again leave msg.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

wonshot

Post#7 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:18 am

anarchypark wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:13 am which one would u believe your guild or random forum warrior, or yourself ?
if your guild is not on the same page in terms of core mechanics, its a community group and not a real guild.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Haskr

Post#8 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:55 am

Arguetlam wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:41 am
Hargrim wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:00 am

Thanks you.

I could probably do the test yes.
But what is the interest to have a community if not to share information and experiences with the newer players that try to invest themselve in the game ?
If all the answer to any inquiries are : "do the test yourself" we would not go fare in any endavour irl or ig.
We build on others expérience of trial and error. If the test was done before why waste anyone time ?
Unless it is meant to be a secret ?

Thanks
Ignore the one-liner snark comments from Hargrim, it is just his way to say I love you child.
He is a tough woodcutter playing through WiFi from deep withing the Canadian wilderness, that folk always had problems expressing their feelings due to their harsh surroundings.

Anyways, merry christmas and I think Tesq gave all the answers!

Ads
Hargrim
Developer

Post#9 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:30 am

Haskr wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:55 am Ignore the one-liner snark comments from Hargrim, it is just his way to say I love you child.
He is a tough woodcutter playing through WiFi from deep withing the Canadian wilderness, that folk always had problems expressing their feelings due to their harsh surroundings.

Anyways, merry christmas and I think Tesq gave all the answers!

Actually I'm not from the Canada.

It's not snark, it's teach a man to fish approach. And, indeed, It is great skill to be able to critically examine the reality instead of relying on opinions of other people. To test this you need probably as much time as to create a thread on forums :). Cheers.

tazdingo

Post#10 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:49 am

Hargrim wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:30 am To test this you need probably as much time as to create a thread on forums :)
you're not factoring in the 3 hours spent in adv trying to convince a tank to come guard you whilst you test
i mean it's hard enough to get a guard in the best of circumstances