Recent Topics

Ads

Detaunt and guard, do they stack ?

In this section, you will find some advices and basics to start quietly ingame. Question like " I'm lvl 1, what shall i do?", "What class shall i pick?", will find some answers in this place.
wonshot

Re: Detaunt and guard, do they stack ?

Post#11 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:10 pm

tazdingo wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:49 am
Hargrim wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:30 am To test this you need probably as much time as to create a thread on forums :)
you're not factoring in the 3 hours spent in adv trying to convince a tank to come guard you whilst you test
i mean it's hard enough to get a guard in the best of circumstances
or simply... join a guild. Why does the standard approach on this server HAVE to be pure pugging?
(this is by nomeans a personal attack, it just baffles me how casual the mindset is on here)
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Ads
tazdingo

Post#12 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:28 pm

wonshot wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:10 pm
tazdingo wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:49 am
Hargrim wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:30 am To test this you need probably as much time as to create a thread on forums :)
you're not factoring in the 3 hours spent in adv trying to convince a tank to come guard you whilst you test
i mean it's hard enough to get a guard in the best of circumstances
or simply... join a guild. Why does the standard approach on this server HAVE to be pure pugging?
(this is by nomeans a personal attack, it just baffles me how casual the mindset is on here)
i figured op would've just asked the initial question in guild chat if he had that option

adamthelc

Post#13 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:29 pm

The amount of dumb crap that gets diarrhead all over these forums and this person catches flack for a straightforward question.

For the record it would have taken much longer to test in game than to ask the question on the forums. He also might not have gotten bits of info that he didnt think to wonder about.

Arguetlam

Post#14 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:42 am

Thank you to the ppl Who actually tried to answer the thread.

I have done a test ig to further confirm that the detaunt abilitie do not stack with the guard.

I have seen no difference in incoming damage with Guard and guard+detaunt.

It would be clearer if it was said in the tooltip of the abilitie. As of now, Just reading the tooltip you could rightfully assum it stack, after all double guard is a thing. Why wouldn' t detaunt + guard ?

Thanks

Sulorie

Post#15 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:31 am

Arguetlam wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:42 am after all double guard is a thing.
Since when double guard is a thing?
Dying is no option.

anarchypark

Post#16 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:55 am

Arguetlam wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:42 am Thank you to the ppl Who actually tried to answer the thread.

I have done a test ig to further confirm that the detaunt abilitie do not stack with the guard.

I have seen no difference in incoming damage with Guard and guard+detaunt.

It would be clearer if it was said in the tooltip of the abilitie. As of now, Just reading the tooltip you could rightfully assum it stack, after all double guard is a thing. Why wouldn' t detaunt + guard ?

Thanks

purpose of double guard is backup when 1 tank got punted.
detaunt + guard do same thing with 1 tank.

you can't expect tooltip says that this skill does not stack with A, B, C, D but stack with E, F, G

there is a common rule of stacking.
skill + skill don't stack.
skill + tactic stack.
and few exception like challenge + guard.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Arguetlam

Post#17 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:36 am

Sulorie wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:31 am
Arguetlam wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:42 am after all double guard is a thing.
Since when double guard is a thing?
Once again, miss conception from guildmate it seems. I Will have to bring the matter to them.
anarchypark wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:55 am purpose of double guard is backup when 1 tank got punted.
detaunt + guard do same thing with 1 tank.

you can't expect tooltip says that this skill does not stack with A, B, C, D but stack with E, F, G

there is a common rule of stacking.
skill + skill don't stack.
skill + tactic stack.
and few exception like challenge + guard.
Thanks for your input. It shed a lot of Light on the game mechanics i was not sure of. Do you know of a topic that delves into the game mechanics ? Because what you just wrote make me think of some questions i would have that are somewhat off topic.

It could only say "do not stack with similar skill effect", it does not need to list all the skills. There is already some tooltip doing that for certain effet ( i can t remember wich one atm but i am sure to have seen this).

anarchypark

Post#18 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:11 am

try wiki?
or in game /ad ( advice channel )
or discord.
fyi, potions act like skill, they don't stack.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Ads
Gottschalt

Post#19 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:08 am

Huh, my memory serves incorrect. Good thing Ifound this thread

I always thought detaunt and guard did stack, like with diminishing returns. As in, cutting half in half. Not 50% + 50%

And for PvE manners. I think double guard stacks on aggro only. I THINK. Am I wrong?

forsa

Post#20 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:27 pm

We just checked, currently detaunt and guard stack (multiply) i.e.
a) no guard = 200 dmg
b) guard = 100 dmg
c) guard + detaunt = 50 dmg
d) guard + detaunt + challenge = 35 dmg
e) cant test shammy/SH detaunt tactic (dont have one)

Afaik, Challenge is considered tactic - wounder if it stack with shammy detaunt tactic
Sorry for necro post