Recent Topics

Ads

Guide to fresh 40 gearing

In this section, you will find some advices and basics to start quietly ingame. Question like " I'm lvl 1, what shall i do?", "What class shall i pick?", will find some answers in this place.
FeistyDeity

Guide to fresh 40 gearing

Post#1 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:11 am

So, my first toon has now hit 31 and I'm expecting to hit 40 relatively soon. Is there a guide somewhere on what gear to grab as to not be instantly dominated in PvP? :)

If it matters, I'm playing melee squig, intending to build mostly tanky. Long term, intuitively I'd look to farm scenarios cuz the Emblem sets seem more suited for a bruiserish role when it comes to stats and bonuses.

Anyway, thanks for your time! <3

Ads
Stortz

Re: Guide to fresh 40 gearing

Post#2 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:22 am

you should start doing beastlord ASAP
ignore ruin gear, buy merc boots and gloves from AH
gear yourself with RVR gear (annihilator starts at 35)

FeistyDeity

Post#3 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:32 am

I see. Would you recommend staying away from PvP at all until I've got my beginner stuff?

I've done two scenarios now in T4 and well, the dropoff has been *steep*. In mid-tier, my survivability was *really* high and my damage output more than respectable.

Now, I can barely tickle enemies and my tankiness doesn't seem to be half of what it used to be. I just feel like a burden on my team rn. D:

EDIT: Also, is there a guide on how to get BL items somewhere? :D

adamthelc

Post#4 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:45 am

MDPS is always going to feel the power gap the most, but you cant avoid doing PvP.

Even at 40 with decent gear there will large swings in how effective you feel and how much you get farmed, especially if you solo queue.

At that point in the game it's less about gear and more about the group. The lower tiers can give you an overinflated sense of how effective you are. You arent usually going to run into a premade of 30s in full devistator in the mid very often.

If you can get some quick gear from PvE, cant hurt to get it. But dont be discouraged from PvPing. Even if you constantly get farmed and everyone tells you how **** you are, dont ever feel like you should avoid PvP.