Recent Topics

Ads

31/21, how do I gain renown?

In this section, you will find some advices and basics to start quietly ingame. Question like " I'm lvl 1, what shall i do?", "What class shall i pick?", will find some answers in this place.
Takkun

31/21, how do I gain renown?

Post#1 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:28 pm

So I gimped my renown rank. I can't get renown because I can't survive PvP. I can't survive PvP because I can't equip items. I can't equip items because I have low renown. What do?

Ads
zak68

Re: 31/21, how do I gain renown?

Post#2 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:29 pm

join wbs in rvr

zgolec

Post#3 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:56 pm

Get pve set. play rbr/sc.

I made one of my toons during x2 event in the past. Didnt stop me to get 70+.
SM 82 / IB 82 / KOTBS 82 / WL 82 / WP 72 / SW 75
CH 77 / BG 6X / BO 6X / WE 6X / MAG 6X ...and others.

Wam

Post#4 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:50 pm

Takkun wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:28 pm So I gimped my renown rank. I can't get renown because I can't survive PvP. I can't survive PvP because I can't equip items. I can't equip items because I have low renown. What do?
if you are the same name https://www.returnofreckoning.com/armor ... ame=Takkun

lvl 18, rr 12 magus... not sure your play times/time zone... Que for Scenarios get Medals buy gear from there... or alternatively ORVR and buy gear with medals from there (vendors are in south IC)... you are low renown so will earn renown levels alot easier than higher level. Use the Social Menu find open pug warband join it, mark and follow leader. Make sure you spent 10 gold on faster mount from a quartermaster, so you dont fall too far behind and always get ganked.

I've gotten characters to lvl 40 with only RR 4 before (Mara long time ago) its not that much of a big deal if you are experienced and know what to do...

for your level if you really into GEAR then i recommend two epic quests for you

https://wiki.returnofreckoning.com/inde ... pic_Quests A Lords' Game - Dark Elves
Boss Huntin' - Greenskins complete both of these, (they will be long with multiple parts)

Then try get ORVR medals, can always convert too if high enough... (or if you had the money could buy them from Auction house or kindly ask a high level with spare medals to purchase the boots/gloves for you(not binded))

Epic helm/shoulders... and 3 piece from T2 OBLI... will last you awhile

Staff just get something that gives alot of Intel, buy whatever cost effective cloak you can find for your level... throw a couple nice talismans in the set / epic gear... you will barely need to upgrade your gear again for awhile...

If you level only VIA pvp/orvr you will get Deva set gear late 20's... if you do a bit of both and your xp out ranks renown, then just farm some Ruin gears lvl 28+ (Caledor ch16 Loryndaal PQ... RUIN merchant in South IC = West of Renown Vendors)
and also look into doing beast lord quests after you got full ruin.

do t4 epic quests for a weapon or buy a guyslime staff or sc weapon or wait for rr41 subj (purple bag)

Ive seen lowbies with low renown over perform, and high levels with BIS gear with plenty renown under perform... so don't worry about it too much ultimately. Most things are situational.
Wamizzle Guild Leader [TUP]
Wamizzle Guild Leader [The Unlikely Plan]