Recent Topics

Ads

Warrior Priest - Grace - The Survival Bible

In this section, you will find some advices and basics to start quietly ingame. Question like " I'm lvl 1, what shall i do?", "What class shall i pick?", will find some answers in this place.
Rydiak

Re: Warrior Priest - Grace - The Survival Bible

Post#41 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:35 pm

betozg wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:28 pm Im testing these changes and so far, the best one imo is getting rid of divine warden and adding the block buff to sigmars vision, WP graces has too many buffs before, but the block buff should last for 15 secs as the parry buff does.

I don't feel any major changes to Sigmars grace, but probably need more testing.

Divine strike update is very interesting but it should heal to 25 feet at least to make it worth it, 10 feet is extremly limited and WP grace really need AOE for all allies, this would make him a lil more viable in RVR and perhaps city.

I ll keep testing these changes but so far it doesnt feel like a buff. Still, im glad devs are showing interest to improve WP grace ;)
Sigmar's Radiance is going to scale based on your offensive stats. If you have low strength you will see little to no value. We had discussed an increased range for the heal AoE of Divine Strike but determined it would be broken, and thus dropped that from our proposals to the devs. Keep trying new gear and experimenting!
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

Ads
Niightwish

Post#42 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:13 am

Rydiak wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:06 pm
Niightwish wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:57 pm
Rydiak wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:12 pm

I helped design them, so I am hopeful the changes work well and you all enjoy them!

I am very confused by these changes, especially the bolded part below;

The motivation for these changes are to improve some under-performing abilities in the specs and to make the group heal scale more with stats. Previously the difference in heal output between offensive gear or defensive gear was tiny, so it was generally always better to be as defensive as possible. Now there will be an incentive to the trade-off of going "glass cannon"; you will be squishier but your healing output will improve.

I mean why would any Grace WP build for Glass Cannon at all? Am I misreading this?
Previously you would be spot on. There was no point in going full damage gear, since the bonus was between 27 and 54 additional healing depending on target (comparing BiS defensive gear to BiS offensive gear). That is now changed, since the scaling is much better (it affects the base heal too now, not just the lifetap).
I still see no point in sacrificing defense as a Grace WP. Being on the frontlines and knowing that I will get focused, there is no point in sacrificing stats that keeps me alive as dead WP= 0 hps.

I am going to play around with it just to see but at least it’s something.
Stormvar - 40/65 WP of Order
Stormmvar - 40/60 WH of Order

Rydiak

Post#43 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:13 am

Exactly! Test everything and see what works best for you. Most importantly, have fun with it!
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

Martingale

Post#44 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:47 am

Spoiler:
Last edited by Martingale on Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

asyralk

Post#45 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:07 am

Hey guy ! First of all thanks for this guide and your implication in this WP path!

I'm interesting in playing a Grace WP, for this idea of a character between a Kotbs and a cleric, in the feeling. Is this playable in ORvr / WB / Keep ? Or only in small scale / roaming / SC ?

Player089

Post#46 » Fri May 15, 2020 10:05 pm

Can you elaborate a little on what are targets that are reasonable to attack as grace? Your guide mentions attacking 2-Hand Chosen players, but I thought they are tanks and thus it should be absolute last resort to attack them?

At the same time, I feel like it's way too risky to go for ranged DPS targets because they end up kiting as soon as you are on them. They will cast slows on me and run away, which ruins my heal uptime because the class lacks mobility.
Sometimes mates get angry with me because I don't focus their target and I'm trying to explain to them that my first priority is keeping my raid alive and that I can't freely target swap. Mostly I will try to stick to a melee DPS that is not running away. But sometimes I am even attacking tanks because they are the only target in range at that time and I absolutely NEED to keep someone alive.
Can you maybe explain a little more in-depth what your thought process is when you are deciding which target you are going for?

Rydiak

Post#47 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:08 am

Updated the guide, providing a gearing path for low-mid tier Grace players.

Paxsanarion

Post#48 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:28 pm

Thank you Rydiak! This continues to be an invaluable resource as a newbie Grace WP.....love it! :-)

Ads
eyedoll

Post#49 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:20 am

Amazing guide, Thank you very much for this, it followed me through my whole leveling and first experience with the game.

I'am now lvl 39, and closing to 40. I picked up a few thing during this time that I didn't see in this guide that should be worth mentioning maybe ?
- It looks like if your target has an absorb damage shield, you won't be able to lifetap from it since the damage is absorbed. Same goes if your target defend against your attack (parry/block). So trying to dispell the shield before DA is often a good way to ensure a clutch heal.
- Sigmar's Grace fade each time you zone into a SC while prayer of devotion doesn't, so always make sure to cast it at the beginning (seem's obvious at first, but it took me time to get the habit of doing it).
- If you go grace/salvation route, having Divine light helps a lot if you have to close the gap to hit your target. From my testing, it's not affected by Divine Fury reducing healing, so it's still pretty effective to soak some damage. It's also good vs DoK or other classes that lifetap to reduce their healing output.

Also with the new changes, I'am sure the rotation could use an update. We are definitely better now, we aren't as much energy starved, and rotation DS and SR it just a really good feeling. Changes to DS that now hits to 20ft outside of the group is huge, especially in larger scale. It also make Smite now worthwile using if you have enough target since we now have the AP to cast it without sacrificing too much heal.
Judgment slow is way too short to use I feel tho. 1 sec cast and only 2 sec 20% slow don't make up for the time you took casting it, so you can't catch up a target and WoG that way, you still have to use Castigation/WoG while in melee.

I've just started ORvR and I was wondering how do you guys do it while waiting for the gate to go down for example. There is no target to heal, and our casted heals are really bad. So do you have rely only on your 2nd healer, or do you do anything else ?

Thank you again !

Dueil

Post#50 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:20 pm

eyedoll wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:20 am
I've just started ORvR and I was wondering how do you guys do it while waiting for the gate to go down for example. There is no target to heal, and our casted heals are really bad. So do you have rely only on your 2nd healer, or do you do anything else ?

Thank you again !
While I play a shield DoK and not WP, things like these are the same in both cases (I have a 40/65 shield WP too but is rarely played). You have the same issues a melee-dps does in keep-fights, so you have to stick to defending posterns and such where you can find targets to hit. It's definitely not as good as a normal healspec for sieges, but you can still make yourself useful
Dueil - 82 Shield DoK
Pesten - 74 2h BG
Illvilja - 58 Heal Shaman
Saga - 65 Shield WP
Saqa - 58 Heal AM