Recent Topics

Ads

Warrior Priest - Grace - The Survival Bible

In this section, you will find some advices and basics to start quietly ingame. Question like " I'm lvl 1, what shall i do?", "What class shall i pick?", will find some answers in this place.
Mortorin

Re: Warrior Priest - Grace - The Survival Bible

Post#51 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:00 pm

Rydiak; have the recent Toughness changes had any impact on your gearing recommendations?

Ads
Kpi

Post#52 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:57 pm

End game question: 5 Warlord + 3 Sov off or 8 Sov off pieces? The granted abilty from 8 Sov off is awesome for Sieges and city, but i see u with 5+3
Spoiler:
Kpihuss -- WP 88
Kpithrogrim -- IB 83
Kpigaragrim -- Slayer 81
Kpikossar -- SW 77
Kpirmedes -- RP 68+
Kpiboris -- KOTBS 65+

Rydiak

Post#53 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:02 pm

Kpi wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:57 pm End game question: 5 Warlord + 3 Sov off or 8 Sov off pieces? The granted abilty from 8 Sov off is awesome for Sieges and city, but i see u with 5+3
I personally prefer 5 Warlord + 3 SovOff, because of the massive amount of stats that you gain from mixed sets. The 8p ability of SovOff is nice too, but not powerful enough in my opinion to miss out on all of the stats from Warlord. 5 SovOff + 3 Warlord is also decent, and is the "defensive option" for gearing.
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

uanaka

Post#54 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:19 pm

I've also been trying out a 5 warlord + 3 bloodlord mix where I stack weaponskill. I can still reach about 800 strength with 570 weapon skill, which I find helps to bring up the healing floor potential from my sigmar radiance. I still have about 25% melee crit, so I can still pull out decent out of group healing with divine strike, but having the extra weapon skill from bloodlord and renown seems to be a fun option for me to work around too.

kam080

Post#55 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:52 pm

Any suggestions for defensive spec of grace?

I prefer to be a frontline healer with always-on smite for RF. Then sigma radiance and AOE heal for the battle cycle.

RoR.builders - Warrior Priest

talisman all armor

renown skills: Block(MAx), disrupt(MAX), be crit(LV2), HEALING CRIT(LV2)

SOV GRACE 5, invader 3, WIND IMPRIVIOUS 3 set

hammer /w sc purple healing hammer, shield with sc purple shield for reduce to be crit.

anarchypark

Post#56 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:45 am

kam080 wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:52 pm Any suggestions for defensive spec of grace?

I prefer to be a frontline healer with always-on smite for RF. Then sigma radiance and AOE heal for the battle cycle.

talisman all armor

hammer /w sc purple healing hammer, shield with sc purple shield for reduce to be crit.

I've tried grace+salv.
infinite RF generator from melee which also heals + perma grp HoT + 2s grp heal spam.
looks cool in theory though It didn't work for me.

you get KD almost immediately. and hit by armor debuffs/ignores + ranged focus.
you gonna busy saving your own ass.
if you spent RF to save yourself there's no time for grp heal.
if you spent RF to grp you're dead.
your melee heal is not good cuz low str and dmg.
your cast heal is not great cuz you can't spam cast heals like book backline. and your heal crit is mid.

alternatively stay behind tanks.
you gonna hit tanks. already low melee heal gonna hit bottom. and snared, CC.
it causes timing and RF problem. kiting is your nemesis.

though it was good test. found weaknesses.
here's my solution.
to save yourself, focus defensive stats.
full FS, full block, high parry/dodge/disrupt.
to save grp, high str melee heal.

I think other players solve it thru full dps heal with guaranteed guard/heal.
mine is in case you don't have them.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

abezverkhiy

Post#57 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:49 am

Have any of you tried C&T weapons? I mean hammer and shield with different speed management perks.

Also, does it make sence to grind Sentinel armor? I am half vanq/inv but they have healer stats so I think I can grind Sentinel faster than Warlord.

I played Grace+Salv too. It is a weird playstyle - you cannot attack everything cause healtaps from heavy plated enemies are laughable so sometimes you have no optionn but to back away and perform a backline healer role. Which is a bit annoying cause you want to be doing something else.
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

kam19080

Post#58 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:13 pm

anarchypark wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:45 am
kam080 wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:52 pm Any suggestions for defensive spec of grace?

talisman all armor

I've tried grace+salv.
infinite RF generator from melee which also heals + perma grp HoT + 2s grp heal spam.
looks cool in theory though It didn't work for me.

you get KD almost immediately. and hit by armor debuffs/ignores + ranged focus.
you gonna busy saving your own ass.
if you spent RF to save yourself there's no time for grp heal.
if you spent RF to grp you're dead.
your melee heal is not good cuz low str and dmg.
your cast heal is not great cuz you can't spam cast heals like book backline. and your heal crit is mid.

alternatively stay behind tanks.
you gonna hit tanks. already low melee heal gonna hit bottom. and snared, CC.
it causes timing and RF problem. kiting is your nemesis.

though it was good test. found weaknesses.
here's my solution.
to save yourself, focus defensive stats.
full FS, full block, high parry/dodge/disrupt.
to save grp, high str melee heal.

I think other players solve it thru full dps heal with guaranteed guard/heal.
mine is in case you don't have them.
Agree with u.
Frontline healer should be high on survival ability. However full of highly survival build, your healing will be not enough..

So that playing grace wp is fully base of love, cause grace wp is not a fair or op spec

Ads
kam19080

Post#59 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:30 pm

abezverkhiy wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:49 am Have any of you tried C&T weapons? I mean hammer and shield with different speed management perks.

Also, does it make sence to grind Sentinel armor? I am half vanq/inv but they have healer stats so I think I can grind Sentinel faster than Warlord.

I played Grace+Salv too. It is a weird playstyle - you cannot attack everything cause healtaps from heavy plated enemies are laughable so sometimes you have no optionn but to back away and perform a backline healer role. Which is a bit annoying cause you want to be doing something else.
C&t weapons and equipment are both good when u havnt get higher tier of sc and rvr gears.

Before the latest update(around 1 year ago) of grace wp, slav+grace is so op, when u r using willpower base plus the tactic of sigma radiance(it was heal around 450 for only 200 str.) However that update changed grace more based on str for healing.

Now, the only way for increasing grace healing is str...however even u reach 900+str, your healing may sightly reach as a willpower build wp. But, the main point is u r a frontline, not backline, without guard u melted easily and tanks always guard melee dps first as priority.

Frontline with same healing but easy to die.. its so doesnt make sense for using grace....

Hope devs will buff more tanky for grace wp...

abezverkhiy

Post#60 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:44 pm

kam19080 wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:30 pm
abezverkhiy wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:49 am Have any of you tried C&T weapons? I mean hammer and shield with different speed management perks.

C&t weapons and equipment are both good when u havnt get higher tier of sc and rvr gears.

Before the latest update(around 1 year ago) of grace wp, slav+grace is so op, when u r using willpower base plus the tactic of sigma radiance(it was heal around 450 for only 200 str.) However that update changed grace more based on str for healing.

Now, the only way for increasing grace healing is str...however even u reach 900+str, your healing may sightly reach as a willpower build wp. But, the main point is u r a frontline, not backline, without guard u melted easily and tanks always guard melee dps first as priority.

Frontline with same healing but easy to die.. its so doesnt make sense for using grace....

Hope devs will buff more tanky for grace wp...
Thank you buddy. Will be grinding c&t then. Yeah, Grace is a bizarre spec. Like a half baked pie - something is good, something is bad about it
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354