Recent Topics

Ads

Warrior Priest - Grace - The Survival Bible

In this section, you will find some advices and basics to start quietly ingame. Question like " I'm lvl 1, what shall i do?", "What class shall i pick?", will find some answers in this place.
Rydiak

Re: Warrior Priest - Grace - The Survival Bible

Post#31 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:29 pm

Shiferbrains wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:40 am How does the Sentinel and Oppressor armor sets compare?

It looks like you could get an additional 2% block with Sentinel (Helm) but you'd be trading the Endure bonus for Arise (stun/knockdown immunity proc).

Which proc would you prefer? Is it worth the additional block?

Edit: How valuable is Weapon Skill to the Grace Spec? I know a number of skills do Spirit damage.
Sentinel is very defensively orientated compared to Oppressor, which is more offensively orientated. Both very good in their own rights, just make sure you talisman correctly to account for the weaknesses in each set. Half the fun of the game is mixing and matching sets to come up with a combination that you enjoy and that is powerful. Veszal's gear comparison tool (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing) can be very helpful in experimenting with sets.

Weapon Skill is very useful for Sigmar's Radiance and our damage abilities, but not useful for our Spirit-based abilities. It is nice to have, but I wouldn't worry too much about it since rarely can we build enough Weapon Skill to make a big impact (compared to DPS builds which stack 700+).
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

Ads
Rydiak

Post#32 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:34 pm

KoffenStoffen wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:14 pm Ive read alot in-game under advice that alot of people seem to give the advice to go for Wounds instead of Toughnes when people ask, something to this or not? If not, what numbers should you aim for in Toughnes or Armour before you can start putting more into str?
Toughness is very powerful (especially when stacked high, since it directly counters the attacker's main stat), but I mostly consider it a luxury stat for Grace. You will want to strive to have over 800 wounds (8000 hp) in order to not get insta-killed by morale drops, so I would stack Wounds until you reach that point. Armor is also very strong, and I would at *minimum* try to have 3300 armor with a 660 armor pot active. Strength I try to keep around 500 (before the Strength buff from Sigmar's Fist), with more also being a luxury. Remember you have to first be tanky enough to survive front-line combat, because a dead healer outputs no healing.
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

KoffenStoffen

Post#33 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:49 pm

Rydiak wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:34 pm
KoffenStoffen wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:14 pm Ive read alot in-game under advice that alot of people seem to give the advice to go for Wounds instead of Toughnes when people ask, something to this or not? If not, what numbers should you aim for in Toughnes or Armour before you can start putting more into str?
Toughness is very powerful (especially when stacked high, since it directly counters the attacker's main stat), but I mostly consider it a luxury stat for Grace. You will want to strive to have over 800 wounds (8000 hp) in order to not get insta-killed by morale drops, so I would stack Wounds until you reach that point. Armor is also very strong, and I would at *minimum* try to have 3300 armor with a 660 armor pot active. Strength I try to keep around 500 (before the Strength buff from Sigmar's Fist), with more also being a luxury. Remember you have to first be tanky enough to survive front-line combat, because a dead healer outputs no healing.
Thanks for the clarification, I will make some tweaks!

skinnyraf

Post#34 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:46 pm

Thank you for this guide. I tried melee-healing a few times on live, but always returned to pure healing, because I simply sucked at the earlier but shone at the latter. The challenge I had was too many things to keep track of, especially in ORvR. As a pure healer, it's quite simple: who needs heals (or pre-HoT) and how to stay alive.

With melee healing the above is still needed, but staying alive becomes much more challenging, because of the need to be in melee range. And then on top of it is target selection. Should I join my mates in focus fire or should I go for the squishiest target to provide maximum healing? Should I go for the squishiest but most deadly target (e.g. WE), or detaunt the glass cannon as the deadliest in order to survive and to attack someone less squishy? If we retreat under pressure, but orderly, should I switch to supplication-based healing, or continue using lifetaps, with very high risk of dying? Very similar if opponents don't overextend and their melee train is very compact, i.e. no obvious straggler candidates for a lifetap?

It's ok in scenarios, but with WB vs WB it reduces efficiency. If I focus on fight and positioning, I will miss that one groupmate, who's healthbar is still almost full, but with all the DoTs he'll go down in few seconds without some HoTs. If I focus on healing, sooner or later I'll miss the turn of the tide and either leave my group without a healer, or occupy the other healer with rezzing me.

Any tips on this, or is it purely a matter of "getting good"?

courtsdad1

Post#35 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:50 pm

Opinions on today's changes?

Rydiak

Post#36 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:12 pm

courtsdad1 wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:50 pm Opinions on today's changes?
I helped design them, so I am hopeful the changes work well and you all enjoy them!

courtsdad1

Post#37 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:10 pm

Rydiak wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:12 pm
I helped design them, so I am hopeful the changes work well and you all enjoy them!
Good deal. I be looking things over tonight or tomorrow. Getting closer to my Oppressor gear so I'm looking forward to seeing how it goes.

Niightwish

Post#38 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:57 pm

I am very confused by these changes, especially the bolded part below;

The motivation for these changes are to improve some under-performing abilities in the specs and to make the group heal scale more with stats. Previously the difference in heal output between offensive gear or defensive gear was tiny, so it was generally always better to be as defensive as possible. Now there will be an incentive to the trade-off of going "glass cannon"; you will be squishier but your healing output will improve.

I mean why would any Grace WP build for Glass Cannon at all? Am I misreading this?
Stormvar - 40/65 WP of Order
Stormmvar - 40/60 WH of Order

Ads
Rydiak

Post#39 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:06 pm

Niightwish wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:57 pm

I am very confused by these changes, especially the bolded part below;

The motivation for these changes are to improve some under-performing abilities in the specs and to make the group heal scale more with stats. Previously the difference in heal output between offensive gear or defensive gear was tiny, so it was generally always better to be as defensive as possible. Now there will be an incentive to the trade-off of going "glass cannon"; you will be squishier but your healing output will improve.

I mean why would any Grace WP build for Glass Cannon at all? Am I misreading this?
Previously you would be spot on. There was no point in going full damage gear, since the bonus was between 27 and 54 additional healing depending on target (comparing BiS defensive gear to BiS offensive gear). That is now changed, since the scaling is much better (it affects the base heal too now, not just the lifetap).

betozg

Post#40 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:28 pm

Im testing these changes and so far, the best one imo is getting rid of divine warden and adding the block buff to sigmars vision, WP graces had too many buffs before, but the block buff should last for 15 secs as the parry buff does.

I don't feel any major changes to Sigmars grace, but probably need more testing.

Divine strike update is very interesting but it should heal to 25 feet at least to make it worth it, 10 feet is extremly limited and WP grace really need AOE for all allies, this would make him a lil more viable in RVR and perhaps city.

I ll keep testing these changes but so far it doesnt feel like a buff. Still, im glad devs are showing interest to improve WP grace ;)
Last edited by betozg on Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.