Recent Topics

Ads

Black Orc and Server Lag question

In this section, you will find some advices and basics to start quietly ingame. Question like " I'm lvl 1, what shall i do?", "What class shall i pick?", will find some answers in this place.
YttriumDuck

Black Orc and Server Lag question

Post#1 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:24 pm

I just downloaded last night and eager to start. I played a Black Orc during the original and loved it, but in PvP there was always crushing server lag which would ruin my attack sequence combo. Is this still an issue in high level realm vs realm? I am not complaining (I can't imagine how hard it is to create /support something like this) just want to baseline before I pick a class.

Thanks!

Ads
Lilim
Community Management

Re: Black Orc and Server Lag question

Post#2 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:46 pm

Hey,

did you setup your game?
Check these two guides, maybe it will improve your game perfomance: (
Viny FPS guide) viewtopic.php?f=8&t=19867#p218143
(Reduce Lag, Crashes, Disconects - Complete list of things you can do) viewtopic.php?f=5&t=20075&sid=f1d9ec9fb ... fcbe13d3f5

YttriumDuck

Post#3 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:39 pm

Ah I wasn't clear.

During the original game (2008-2009 timeframe) the Mythic servers would lag so much during large scale RVR that my black Orc basically wouldn't function. By the time the combo step was sent up to the server the lag would tick and basically fumble.

I haven't started playing this yet so I wasn't sure if this was an issue in large scale combat.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#4 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:55 pm

YttriumDuck wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:39 pm Ah I wasn't clear.

During the original game (2008-2009 timeframe) the Mythic servers would lag so much during large scale RVR that my black Orc basically wouldn't function. By the time the combo step was sent up to the server the lag would tick and basically fumble.

I haven't started playing this yet so I wasn't sure if this was an issue in large scale combat.
Our server is wildly more performant than Mythic servers at launch. No worries about that.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

YttriumDuck

Post#5 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:38 pm

Fantastic!

This was one of those games (PlanetSide is another one that comes to mind) where the technology of the time couldn't keep up. I was hoping this was the case! I broke so many keyboards in city raids where we would see 2-3 seconds of lag between input and response. Very excited to get started and happy I found this.