Recent Topics

Ads

Rewards, what should they be?

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
MaxHayman
Management

Rewards, what should they be?

Post#1 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:35 pm

Hey everyone,

At the moment people feel like objectives in RvR or Scenarios need to be more rewarding.

How much XP/Renown should you get for winning a scenario?
How much xp/renown should you get for capturing a RvR objective?
What rewards should you get for participating in a public quest?

Id like to make them as close to the original games as possible. Or please suggest other ways to engage people and enjoy the mechanics of the game :)
Max Hayman

Ads
SigmarPriest
Former Staff

Re: Rewards, what should they be?

Post#2 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:57 pm

Hello,

when i remember right it was like this

sc win 1000 XP / 500 renown
sc lose 500 XP / 250 renown

the reward was not high because they want that People make more XP / RP through kills.

XP / RP for capturing a RvR objetive was not hight to you got your Points when you "lock" a zone or if you def a rvr objective.

rewards for PQs (dont know how much xp i think it was different from pq to pq) is not easy to make. A script in the Background recongnize how much you done for "winning" the pq. At the end there was a chest with some bags (White, green, blue, yellow) you got a Bonus for your Input (50/ 100/150/200/ 250) and at least everbody got a random number between 0 and 999. Player with the highest number got the best bag and so on.
But it was not so easy. Because if there are more high Level Player sometimes you got only White and green bags.
Yellow bags in PQs include pve set items for example in t1 the decimator Armor http://warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Decimator_Armor

At least i am not sure if all was like is said. It is what i can remember. Sorry for my bad english i hope you understand all.
Last edited by SigmarPriest on Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Xuilkingoftheelves

Post#3 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:57 pm

Hmm. Well I can't exactly remember the amount of bonus renown for sc wins. I think it was something like 1600 in t4??? I should of course scale with tiers, so maybe 400 for a t1 win? I also think the XP you get from a win should be very good, because that way people can level up through pvp, and never feel like they have to grind mobs if they don't want to.

As far as capping BOs go, I don't think that should give any renown. IMO, renown should be gotten from a total zone cap as opposed to capping a single BO. Xp is whatever though, as one can already farm xp by questing, grinding ect.

Ok now the big one.. Public quest rewards... as a longtime player of war, one of my problems with PQs was that as the game introduced better and more easily accessible gear, the rewards for PQ were nearly always inferior to the options you could buy from a merchant, and eventually people had little reasons to participate in a PQ. In a nutshell max, what I would really like to see for PQ rewards is a good item/piece of equipment worth my lvl/the difficulty of the PQ. I know there are those old school pve sets you can get for t2 and t3(I remember ruin was one of the sets) so maybe things like that. And purple equipment pieces are nice ;) For how many PQs there are in this game(some of them being really cool) It would be a shame to sweep them under the carpet as was done when the game was live. I think it would be a very good call to dust them off and give people a reason to do PQs.
Last edited by Xuilkingoftheelves on Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Xuilkingoftheelves

Post#4 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:00 pm

fairrulez wrote:Hello,

when i remember right it was like this

sc win 1000 XP / 500 renown
sc lose 500 XP / 250 renown

the reward was not high because they want that People make more XP / RP through kills.

XP / RP for capturing a RvR objetive was not hight to you got your Points when you "lock" a zone or if you def a rvr objective.

rewards for PQs (dont know how much xp i think it was different from pq to pq) is not easy to make. A script in the Background recongnize how much you done for "winning" the pq. At the end there was a chest with some bags (White, green, blue, yellow) you got a Bonus for your Input (50/ 100/150/200/ 250) and at least there everbody got a random number between 0 and 999. Player with the highest number got the best bag and so on.
You bring up a good point. I'm not sure how the contribution system works, but It never seemed very accurate to me. maybe make the bags NOT BOP, so players can trade bags between themselves, or even sell them on the AH.

OldPlayer
Former Staff

Post#5 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:25 pm

We've tested contribution system intensely on Burlok server and have found that it's broken as soon as there are enough people in the area, like >20.

One example for all:
I've logged into the game, flew to the RvR lake, passed by besieged keep, ignoring all the fight (I did not cause any damage nor did I heal anyone, I was not hit by anyone). Our side have captured the keep and I've got 1st place loot.
There were more than 50 besiegers for sure, I did nothing during this login session, still the game gifted me very high random number when I've logged into the zone. I've got 1st places all the evening til I've changed the zone.

TL;DR: random generator sometimes gave insanely high numbers, so if you did not get high score for loot, the key was to relog. Mythic rules.
magicthighs wrote:Finding bugs is what players are for. The RoR team itself doesn't have the people nor the time to do that.

paps

Post#6 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:24 pm

Xuilkingoftheelves wrote: As far as capping BOs go, I don't think that should give any renown. IMO, renown should be gotten from a total zone cap as opposed to capping a single BO. Xp is whatever though, as one can already farm xp by questing, grinding ect.
As much as i agree with that, thos who just come for few renown point at given moment should be given some if they cant stay for zone cap. I woud agree just for 1 reason, and that is BO tradeing for free renown, but u need to give reward for just caping or just defending.
Just we need same it was back then u make it that other side cant cap it for some time after cap (with no npc if i recall correct).
God Forgives... I don't!
Gru - Bright Wizard
Plissken - Slayer
Immovable - Ironbreaker
Magtheridon - Shadow Warrior
Luuca wrote:... you forgot that in RoR, you must jump every seconds to exaggerate the Melee Distance Bug.

punkindonuts

Post#7 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:48 pm

I dont know if this is the best place to bring this up but as it is with regard to RVR XP/RP rewards.

What does everybody think about changing the repeatable RVR quests so that they reward RP instead of XP, I always felt this was one of the things Mythic should have changed especially in T4 where RP becomes more important.

I know its early days on with the server but just thought I would bring it to the table for discussion

SigmarPriest
Former Staff

Post#8 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:53 pm

punkindonuts wrote:I dont know if this is the best place to bring this up but as it is with regard to RVR XP/RP rewards.

What does everybody think about changing the repeatable RVR quests so that they reward RP instead of XP, I always felt this was one of the things Mythic should have changed especially in T4 where RP becomes more important.

I know its early days on with the server but just thought I would bring it to the table for discussion
I don`t like this idea because we have already Players who push each other renown, Change xp reward for the rvr quests into renown would made it even more worse.

and we shouldn`t talk in this thread about this anyway it is to early lets try to do all like it was. if work is done we can look if we can do something better
Last edited by SigmarPriest on Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Khorba

Post#9 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:04 pm

item for apperience =] to change class look / dye colors In appearance to have fun with the form it does not get tired so fast playing t1 where probably much longer we stay and so will not be twins fly...and could use something to do with flags on rvr teeth respily these mobs is not just to make the flag normally bother clicking on her or something as simultaneously
Last edited by Khorba on Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

punkindonuts

Post#10 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:30 pm

fairrulez wrote:
punkindonuts wrote:I dont know if this is the best place to bring this up but as it is with regard to RVR XP/RP rewards.

I don`t like this idea because we have already Players who push each other renown, Change xp reward for the rvr quests into renown would made it even more worse.

and we shouldn`t talk in this thread about this anyway it is to early lets try to do all like it was. if work is done we can look if we can do something better
Yes you are right now is not the time for this discussion but my original idea would have been to remove the annoying Freenown RP tick for anyone in the RVR zone and replace it with the RP reward from the repeatable RVR quests. This would have stopped all of the AFK'ers standing around outside the WC and force players into the lakes to capture and scout BO's etc