Recent Topics

Ads

PTS Patch Notes 29/04/2024

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
ashton007

Re: PTS Patch Notes 29/04/2024

Post#61 » Wed May 01, 2024 2:12 pm

Problem with auto attack speed for BO is that you spend a lot of time channeling THC, I would instead make it auto attack damage rather than 50% auto attack speed. It would show a bit more use on that follow up hit right after THC.

Ads
nebelwerfer

Post#62 » Wed May 01, 2024 2:30 pm

Hazmy wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:59 pm
Balance Changes

- Oathstone - Now additionally gives 6s of Immovable to you and your Oath Friend if they are within 50 ft.

- Avenging The Debt - Now additionally grants 3s of slow and root immunity.

Additionally we aim to buff the middle tree as Oathstone was quite an underwhelming ability. Giving yourself and your Oath Friend immunity to roots and knockbacks can be extremely valuable if timed correctly in fights.[/i][/color]
I like the change to Oathstone, it's a real cool ability and this will counter choppa pulls easier for order frontliners in rvr and work well in small-scale too. Perhaps a bit too strong considering it's free full sov ability for 2 people on much shorter cd. I still think reducing this abilities cooldown would suffice, but i look a gift horse in the mouth.

Avenging the debt is a bit too much of the same here. I think it would be better if it removed snares from yourself + oathfriend, but instead of immunity it ensnares your target for 3 seconds instead, give it 30ft range for example. Goes well with name "Avenging the debt".

Mobility is not the IB's strong suit and that's really fine - therefore an ability helping to control or catching more mobile enemies would be a welcome change. My 2c.

gadielballart

Post#63 » Wed May 01, 2024 3:42 pm

I wonder 🤔 how much more viable will the changes to guilty soul will make wrath Wp. Has anyone tested it out enough to deduct some clarity on its potential.

reynor007

Post#64 » Wed May 01, 2024 4:27 pm

Zxul wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:00 am
zumos2 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:58 am
Zxul wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:39 pm To clarify- do the procs which now get extra dmg from DB will also be mitigated by toughness?
Yes.
So def Witchbrew WE just got nerfed into ground. + Need to see other changes.
I said it would be It’s a pity that it took another half a year
WH - mdpv 80+
WE - Witchrage 80+

BluIzLucky

Post#65 » Wed May 01, 2024 4:53 pm

iagdtod wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 10:42 am Just to clarify these are in the reduction from 30-25 foot ae radius: Chosen - All Chaotic Auras. Knight of the Blazing Sun - All Battle Commands

If it's not a mistake, does this mean all auras/commands from Chosen/KOTBS are to become 25 down from 100 foot radius?
Presumably just the debuff radius from 30 to 25.
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

Mortgrimm

Post#66 » Wed May 01, 2024 5:12 pm

IB changes are really nice. Thanks a lot and i hope it goes live pretty soon.
Mortgrimm - IB - guild leader of Thurisaz
Sayalena - WL - Thurisaz
Thorhammer - WP - Thurisaz

Culexus

Post#67 » Wed May 01, 2024 5:13 pm

Hazmy wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:59 pm - Chop Fasta! - New 13 pt ability in Path of Da’ Brawler: Blessing. 35 AP. 5 ft range. Instant. No CD. Requires Great Weapon. Needs da’ Gud Plan!. Leads to da’ Best Plan!! - You hit your target for (225 + 1.5 x DB + 1.5 x WDPS) damage and increase your auto attack speed by 50% for 10 seconds. If you are behind the target, you will almost always deal critical damage.

I misread this at first, the "almost always deal critical damage" seems to just apply to the initial strike, not all hits over 10 sec. Thought this was going to be a really strong ability but this isn't at all worth it for 13pts in the tree and doesn't come close to making up for the loss of You Wot!. It seems like every time we get something with these patches we have to pay a price for it.

Get a group speed buff = Make block channel useless
Get a punt = Give up a tactic slot to make it work
Get a aoe snare = Give up a tactic slot and make the base ability worse
Get a 2h AA buff = Lose your only 2h defensive ability

I've stuck it out with the BO and was optimistic that you guys were finally going to put us on par with Chosen and Blackguards, but it really doesn't seem like anyone knows what to do with the class or has any experience playing one. I really can't fathom how anyone can put BO and BG side by side and think they are anywhere close in terms of balance. I was hoping to come back after my break and get stuck in with with the new and improved BO, but I think I'm finally going to have to accept what is and join the many other high rr BOs and just shelve the class. I hope you prove us all wrong and by the the time tank patches are done BO has gotten the same love you're giving to KotBS and BG, but as it stands at the moment it doesn't look good.
Bigun - 85 Black Orc
Brian - 70+ Choppa
Taff - 70+ Warrior Priest
Karak Norn Veteran

Zxul

Post#68 » Wed May 01, 2024 6:41 pm

reynor007 wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 4:27 pm
Zxul wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:00 am
zumos2 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:58 am
Yes.
So def Witchbrew WE just got nerfed into ground. + Need to see other changes.
I said it would be It’s a pity that it took another half a year
WE diversifying from only having the Witchbrew build is a good thing. Problem is, currently WE doesn't has any other build- only other good finisher was RA, and it got nerfed hard in abilities patch. WH at least has synergy between abilities, even if currently it is underpowered, WE doesn't has even that.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Ads
Lyreii

Post#69 » Wed May 01, 2024 6:49 pm

nebelwerfer wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 2:30 pm
Hazmy wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:59 pm
Balance Changes

- Oathstone - Now additionally gives 6s of Immovable to you and your Oath Friend if they are within 50 ft.

- Avenging The Debt - Now additionally grants 3s of slow and root immunity.

Additionally we aim to buff the middle tree as Oathstone was quite an underwhelming ability. Giving yourself and your Oath Friend immunity to roots and knockbacks can be extremely valuable if timed correctly in fights.[/i][/color]
I like the change to Oathstone, it's a real cool ability and this will counter choppa pulls easier for order frontliners in rvr and work well in small-scale too. Perhaps a bit too strong considering it's free full sov ability for 2 people on much shorter cd. I still think reducing this abilities cooldown would suffice, but i look a gift horse in the mouth.

Avenging the debt is a bit too much of the same here. I think it would be better if it removed snares from yourself + oathfriend, but instead of immunity it ensnares your target for 3 seconds instead, give it 30ft range for example. Goes well with name "Avenging the debt".

Mobility is not the IB's strong suit and that's really fine - therefore an ability helping to control or catching more mobile enemies would be a welcome change. My 2c.
IB is extremely movable. Think about seen it all before (which is very underrated and I believe mandatory) and avalanche. Now there is also avenging the debt/juggernaut.

jafh123

Post#70 » Wed May 01, 2024 7:21 pm

Looking forward to the IB changes. I already use these abilities, and avenging the debt is sometimes useless cause people can slow you immediately after using it. I think the heal delay should be looked at too.