Recent Topics

Ads

PTS Patch Notes 29/04/2024

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Rydiak

Re: PTS Patch Notes 29/04/2024

Post#51 » Wed May 01, 2024 10:48 am

iagdtod wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 10:42 am Just to clarify these are in the reduction from 30-25 foot ae radius: Chosen - All Chaotic Auras. Knight of the Blazing Sun - All Battle Commands

If it's not a mistake, does this mean all auras/commands from Chosen/KOTBS are to become 25 down from 100 foot radius?
When the notes state that all 30 foot abilities are to become 25 foot abilities, to me that means that all 30 foot auras are to become 25 foot auras. Seeing as how the 100 foot auras are not 30 foot auras, they should be untouched.
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

Ads
Vendial

Post#52 » Wed May 01, 2024 11:17 am

Rip SnB BO ...

Super213

Post#53 » Wed May 01, 2024 12:09 pm

"... No class should need such strong buffs with such high uptime.."

Couldn't you just like.... make it do less while keeping the core of the ability? Nerf its uptime abit or nerf its buffs? Odd to shitcan a Tanking ability by replacing it with a DPS ability (thats also in the tank tree, right? lol?) unless you thought BO's were just too good at tanking. Maybe that was the case but this feels more of a "lets just do something anything" change.

The brain got to the removal of "You wot!!" and it didn't go much further than there.
Last edited by Super213 on Wed May 01, 2024 1:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

patolino

Post#54 » Wed May 01, 2024 12:15 pm

one more nerf for WH? please delete the class.

patolino

Post#55 » Wed May 01, 2024 12:20 pm

Avanos wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:41 pm
Gunlinger wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:32 pm So i see that instead of fixing the problem, the Slayer will loose even more dmg. That will be a deathsentece for Slayer players trying to find a spot in organised warbands. The org warbands are already searching directly for WL instead of searching for AOE DPS. Now you want to lower the output of Retribution too. WL is already 500K DPS above SL. Why even play a class any longer, that has to work with long ramp up time and drastic self debuff, just to then do half the dmg some class does, that does not has to deal with all that?
Slayer is fine. Learn how to adapt - change tactics, change RR points, change gear..
heheheeh sure when you play with a char that has huge absorve tatic every 3 sec...
the team here, instead of fix stuff, they are finding a way to kill other chars saying they are nerfing others

BoriqOne

Post#56 » Wed May 01, 2024 12:25 pm

tazdingo wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:48 am bg has an interesting capability to shut down a single big DPS now... will have to try it
Crazy right, go figure... solo BG is going to be everywhere now. Bg and Chosen wow what a team to destroy people out there !! CRAZY !!!
this is on purpose, what does order have to negate this ?? a whole WB , lol

Avernus

Post#57 » Wed May 01, 2024 12:30 pm

Nice changes. The only thing that bothers me is that destro got even more AP drain. Just imagine this team comp in smallscale (or "ranked"). BO+BG+Mara+dps DoK+Shaman+whatever.

Main idea - just focus enemy healer, and, at that point, their second healer is supposed to outheal this damage by yourself since the one under pressure ain't casting a thing.

Detangler

Post#58 » Wed May 01, 2024 12:58 pm

Question: how many people play builds that actually care about self/group/enemy auto attack damage? What is with dev obsession regarding auto attack damage? Its like you heard all the feedback about how underwhelming Blood of Grimnir was on the IB and said "You know what? We need MORE auto attack modifying abilities- that's the trick!"
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Ads
Rydiak

Post#59 » Wed May 01, 2024 1:11 pm

AA damage can be anywhere between 20-40% of an attacker's damage. Definitely not insignificant.
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

Rotgut

Post#60 » Wed May 01, 2024 1:32 pm

Detangler wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 12:58 pm Question: how many people play builds that actually care about self/group/enemy auto attack damage? What is with dev obsession regarding auto attack damage? Its like you heard all the feedback about how underwhelming Blood of Grimnir was on the IB and said "You know what? We need MORE auto attack modifying abilities- that's the trick!"
Maybe they are building towards decreasing AoE' spamming effectiveness and increasing auto attack's importance in oRvR.

Might lead to some fun changes. It sure would be great as a MA if ST Dmg Drops and AoE Dmg Drops were both a threat in oRvR, and happening at different timings depending on comps. And with all the new "6 seconds of a lot of defense, immunity and other grp buffs" that tanks been getting, well timed usage of those spells to counter or execute different things would be rly fun to do.

"Ohhh that Order WB has a bunch of BWs and their AoE Channels are telegraphed somehow. Chosen Bros, it your job to watch that and use the new Magical Absorb party bubble to screw those shitters".

"Ohhh that Destro WB are heavy on Marauders and they have a nasty Crit based ST burst now. KobS Bros, its your job to watch their ST Train and use Vigilance at the right time".

Am i making sense?