Recent Topics

Ads

Regarding Global Cooldowns

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
nailinthehead

Re: Regarding Global Cooldowns

Post#81 » Wed May 25, 2022 11:51 am

The endgame should be focused on Fashionhammer, not on power increases. Increasing the AP advantage will only make new toons even less useful. Power gap is exactly what killed AoR. Let’s not make the same mistake.

Ads
Akalukz

Post#82 » Wed May 25, 2022 11:54 am

Yeah the AP change should be for LVL 16+ unless bolster already grants additional AP?
-= Agony =-

Jeliel80

Post#83 » Wed May 25, 2022 12:10 pm

Adding to AP pool (and that costs a lot of RR on top, unless it will be free in RoR) doesn't solve anything, just adds a couple casts.
You need to have the "fix" BEFORE making such a change, not after the riot.

You've been talking multiple times about interacting more with the community and transparency, but when it actually matters it's never there.

A renewal of good intention, it's just that, intention.

As numbers keep dwindling, in the end you will realize that this project has two sides: the dev team working in their free time and the community putting their work to the test.

This doesn't work without both.
Just my 2c.
http://www.seventhlegion.net/
Jeliel - RP 87
Jel - WP 84
Jelyel - DoK 85
Jelielino - Shaman 85
Jelie - Zealot 81
Jelielina - AM 80

Kpi

Post#84 » Wed May 25, 2022 12:28 pm

Sulorie wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 11:40 am
Kpi wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 11:32 am ...it is not easy reach this High RR and there are not any advantage in reach this
...and this is good. No need to gain more power.
Try level a toon over RR85... u need 3-4 months for reach RR86 from RR85. Some love is necesary for this players too ;)
Spoiler:
Kpihuss -- WP 88
Kpithrogrim -- IB 83
Kpigaragrim -- Slayer 81
Kpikossar -- SW 77
Kpirmedes -- RP 68+
Kpiboris -- KOTBS 65+

Sulorie

Post#85 » Wed May 25, 2022 1:56 pm

Kpi wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 12:28 pm
Sulorie wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 11:40 am
Kpi wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 11:32 am ...it is not easy reach this High RR and there are not any advantage in reach this
...and this is good. No need to gain more power.
Try level a toon over RR85... u need 3-4 months for reach RR86 from RR85. Some love is necesary for this players too ;)
Anything is good, if it's no power gain. :) It shouldn't be an advantage at pvp.
Dying is no option.

Blaziken

Post#86 » Wed May 25, 2022 3:31 pm

Last edited by Blaziken on Wed May 25, 2022 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blaziken

Post#87 » Wed May 25, 2022 3:48 pm

Blaziken wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 3:31 pm
Haojin wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 2:17 pm
Sulorie wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 2:05 pm
It's not like the server is funded by players playing on it, so the development will continue anyway only depending on the spare time people investing in it.

The server exists for us to play on it but not because of us.
Tell this to APOC, Azarael and Londo servers. I'm pretty sure they are enjoying their 1-man servers a lot.
we do actually enjoy ourselfs quite nicely thank you! nor do they have to tell us anything. We do enjoy the 1 man server alot, cause we dont have to explain to anyone why we change something. Best regards good luck to you all here.

Minisynn

Post#88 » Wed May 25, 2022 6:44 pm

GamesBond wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 10:18 pm
TikiiTorch wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 4:05 pm
GamesBond wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 10:40 pm I don't get it, you're asking for more transparency and the first thing you do when you read one is assume that this is the "grand solution" as a mockery. No this isn't the grand solution.
Then you aren't being transparent. You have only said "This is what we are doing to fix the AP issue", not "This is the first thing we are doing to help the AP issue, and we are looking into it more."

Being transparent means not being obscure. It also means being forthcoming with information (not necessarily intimate details). If you knew more was coming down the pipeline, just not ready yet, why not say that?

This is a prime example of the terrible communication that is stoking the embers of technical changes into the bonfire of community outrage.
Thank you for explaining what being transparent means, but there's nothing tangible on the horizon now except this change, so I cannot share anything yet. If you want to use quotations, make sure you actually quote what was said; None of your quoted messages were said. You can scroll back and read what I originally have written.

I never mentioned that it's the sole adjustment, nor did the statement, you just assumed it even though we said these will come in the long run and a day later is obviously not 'long run'. This is the current info that I have in hand, when there's something else in the future, you'll know.
I said this before, but surely if untested changes that dramatically change combat for the worse can be pushed through in a day, then surely the team can try to push through a placeholder fix for AP regen in combat until something more robust can be done? Like I'm really struggling to understand how the game had hyper AP regen reverted within 12 hours, but the team is okay with potentially weeks of combat feeling terrible - I'm sure the vast majority of people would have preferred we had too much AP until a proper solution was put in place than too little... And from the sounds of things, i.e. "nothing tangible on the horizon", weeks might be an understatement of how long the game is going to be like this
Engineer enjoyer | Finnbarr/Fionnbharr | Finnmarr/Fionnbharra | Nightmare | Youtube

Ads
Valarion

Post#89 » Wed May 25, 2022 9:23 pm

Minisynn wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 6:44 pm
GamesBond wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 10:18 pm
TikiiTorch wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 4:05 pm

Then you aren't being transparent. You have only said "This is what we are doing to fix the AP issue", not "This is the first thing we are doing to help the AP issue, and we are looking into it more."

Being transparent means not being obscure. It also means being forthcoming with information (not necessarily intimate details). If you knew more was coming down the pipeline, just not ready yet, why not say that?

This is a prime example of the terrible communication that is stoking the embers of technical changes into the bonfire of community outrage.
Thank you for explaining what being transparent means, but there's nothing tangible on the horizon now except this change, so I cannot share anything yet. If you want to use quotations, make sure you actually quote what was said; None of your quoted messages were said. You can scroll back and read what I originally have written.

I never mentioned that it's the sole adjustment, nor did the statement, you just assumed it even though we said these will come in the long run and a day later is obviously not 'long run'. This is the current info that I have in hand, when there's something else in the future, you'll know.
I said this before, but surely if untested changes that dramatically change combat for the worse can be pushed through in a day, then surely the team can try to push through a placeholder fix for AP regen in combat until something more robust can be done? Like I'm really struggling to understand how the game had hyper AP regen reverted within 12 hours, but the team is okay with potentially weeks of combat feeling terrible - I'm sure the vast majority of people would have preferred we had too much AP until a proper solution was put in place than too little... And from the sounds of things, i.e. "nothing tangible on the horizon", weeks might be an understatement of how long the game is going to be like this

The "nothing tangible on the horizon" is a tough pill to swallow for sure and the "we are looking at a buff to your AP pool instead" might have even made this more painful, however, I think the devs are just being conservative with anymore global changes right now. As they stated, they are concentrating on fixing some other problems right now they cant discuss so we will just need to endure this for now.
80+ WP/Dok/RP/Zealot 60+ AM/Shaman/Knight/Chosen/SM/BO/BW/Sorc 40+WL/Eng. SW deleted

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#90 » Wed May 25, 2022 10:17 pm

Minisynn wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 6:44 pm from the sounds of things, i.e. "nothing tangible on the horizon", weeks might be an understatement of how long the game is going to be like this
That's not the case. There are definitely talks and ongoing discussions for a lot of topics but I won't post about them while they may drastically change or may not even exit their maturity stage, hence the 'tangible' part.

It seems that 2-3 people really enjoy being annoyingly picky. I may reconsider sharing details in the future cause you're not even giving feedback, you're just being extensively picky.