Recent Topics

Ads

Appearance Guide - Updated 18/06/2021

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
space44

Re: Appearance Guide - Updated 29/04/2020

Post#161 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:23 pm

ekalime wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:08 pm
BelligerentBob wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:00 pm
ekalime wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:32 pm

This cape belongs to a lord from lore in game and was never intended to be given to players (along with other bloodlord previous appearances...) It is best you cherish the brief memory of this cape than to long for its return. While I realize not everyone cares about the lore, some of us on the team are trying to keep the lords from lore unique with their appearances, and not hand out their gear to players.
Marauders and Chosens that have been touched by Tzeentch are on the Path to Glory, are they not? Those on the Path to Glory take trophies from the defeated. Its not like the cloak belongs to Archaon, Sigvald, Skarr, Belakor, Engra, Varag, Wulfrik, etc etc etc.
My reply was specifically referring to the aforementioned slayer bloodlord cloak, not to the Chosen/Mara one. In this example, Engra's backpiece for example would never be given out to players because his look should remain unique.
but its not Engra's backpiece. its a bloodlord cape that makes chosen looks like a champion. it completely changed the model but it downgraded the progression of the chaos style
Chosen: Roten Plaguelord rr86 | Knight of the Blazing Sun: Lyntyz Jesterknight rr63

I'm not a clown, I'm the whole circus.

Ads
Grock

Post#162 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:06 pm

Grock wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:11 pm Slayer Bloodlord cloak is still missing and using Runepriest appearance instead, even in the guide

Originally it was red cloak with blue ancestor head on it...
This cape belongs to a lord from lore in game and was never intended to be given to players (along with other bloodlord previous appearances...) It is best you cherish the brief memory of this cape than to long for its return. While I realize not everyone cares about the lore, some of us on the team are trying to keep the lords from lore unique with their appearances, and not hand out their gear to players.
Well this is disappointing. Current BL cloak looks very underwhelming for a slayer and gives absolutely no reason to farm it, considering set bonuses are useless

What "lord" is that anyway? A boss of some PQ that nobody does? :lol:
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

space44

Post#163 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:11 pm

Grock wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:06 pm
Grock wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:11 pm Slayer Bloodlord cloak is still missing and using Runepriest appearance instead, even in the guide

Originally it was red cloak with blue ancestor head on it...
Well this is disappointing. Current BL cloak looks very underwhelming for a slayer and gives absolutely no reason to farm it, considering set bonuses are useless

What "lord" is that anyway? A boss of some PQ that nobody does? :lol:
i can speak the chosen, its underwhelming its actually worse than the original.
Chosen: Roten Plaguelord rr86 | Knight of the Blazing Sun: Lyntyz Jesterknight rr63

BelligerentBob

Post#164 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:22 pm

ekalime wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:08 pm
BelligerentBob wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:00 pm

Marauders and Chosens that have been touched by Tzeentch are on the Path to Glory, are they not? Those on the Path to Glory take trophies from the defeated. Its not like the cloak belongs to Archaon, Sigvald, Skarr, Belakor, Engra, Varag, Wulfrik, etc etc etc.
My reply was specifically referring to the aforementioned slayer bloodlord cloak, not to the Chosen/Mara one. In this example, Engra's backpiece for example would never be given out to players because his look should remain unique.
This insignificant dwarf lord just became a dwarf of consequence. Which lord is it?

Which armor set will the Marauder/Chosen cloak get paired with? Looking at the Marauder Dark Promise set in the OP, the only thing unique about the set is the helmet which used to be the old Ruin helmet. Triumphant and Victorious have already been out for months and they still share an appearance with Invader. Lets not even dig into how much of a time investment grinding those sets is....

I know Fashionhammer is important to the RoR team! New dyes, alt sov appearances, and the weapons designed by Ferrile and the rest of the team prove this. Were that not the case you wouldn't have changed the appearance system ;)
[Hemingway Daiquiri(s)]

ekalime
Developer

Post#165 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:52 pm

space44 wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:11 pm
The last comment I will make on this topic is that someone spent their time trying to make something unique for the community. It would not surprise me if the lack of gratitude and feedback - such as your previous comment of 'torn scrap cloth' or the one above - would lead him to reconsider his contributions to this community. You are entitled to your opinion and right to be upset that something you worked hard for was taken away from you, but I think insulting someone else's work is a bit low. We do have new content planned for the community, but the goodwill of the artists contributing their time on this project may be lower if they feel their work is not appreciated. If you have anger towards the decision you can direct it towards me, but please do not insult the quality of someone else's work.

I have stated before in a separate thread that it is our intent for this back piece to return in the future - if gear is not assigned to a character from lore then I am not opposed to the players having it (assuming the gear works on player models in general, which not all gear does). This back piece was designed to work with a specific set so that it does not look like it is floating in the air, and when we are ready to release that content, I aim to have the backpiece be available again.

Haskr

Post#166 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:00 pm

ekalime wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:52 pm
so that it does not look like it is floating in the air,
i noticed almost every shield is floating in the air, some are really really wide away from the character :) :( :o

Oglaf
Suspended

Post#167 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:22 pm

The last comment I will make on this topic is that someone spent their time trying to make something unique for the community. It would not surprise me if the lack of gratitude and feedback - such as your previous comment of 'torn scrap cloth' or the one above - would lead him to reconsider his contributions to this community. You are entitled to your opinion and right to be upset that something you worked hard for was taken away from you, but I think insulting someone else's work is a bit low. We do have new content planned for the community, but the goodwill of the artists contributing their time on this project may be lower if they feel their work is not appreciated. If you have anger towards the decision you can direct it towards me, but please do not insult the quality of someone else's work.

I have stated before in a separate thread that it is our intent for this back piece to return in the future - if gear is not assigned to a character from lore then I am not opposed to the players having it (assuming the gear works on player models in general, which not all gear does). This back piece was designed to work with a specific set so that it does not look like it is floating in the air, and when we are ready to release that content, I aim to have the backpiece be available again.
Could you guys at least not lock threads discussing it?

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=43755

My thread was locked for no apparent reason. I wasn't being rude or anything, I merely made a plea to have the changes reverted and yet the thread was locked. This doesn't reflect well on you guys at all. It clearly shows that you're just making whatever changes you want and don't listen to feedback at all, and will just shut down discussion about it.

Futhermore, the new Chosen cloak isn't bad. Far from it. The problem is that the original backpiece was literally the coolest model available to Chosen in the game. No matter what cloak you swapped it with, the reception would be overwhelmingly negative like this. It is not the fault of the modeler/artist who did a good job with the new cloak. I don't hate it being in the game; I hate how it replaced my absolute favourite backpiece that I grinded Bastion Stair for an eternity to get.

space44

Post#168 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:35 pm

i apologize for being rude, im just always blunt to how i express my opinion on thing. ill make a more friendly constructive opinion about the new chaos bloodlord cape. the overall shape of it looks decent, the art looks good but the Tzeentch symbol feels out of place with the whole look and feel of the cape, theres 2 chaos undivided symbols which does look good. i dont know how to put it, the Tzeentch symbol isnt contrasting with the overall theme of the undyed color scheme of the new cape. to stick to the original bloodlord cape theme the new cape could replace the blue cloth part of the banner cape since both do have recurring themes (chains, undivided symbol, ect).

i assume the artest also makes the new event capes which looks badass and it doesnt replace anything significant.

Ads
Infexion

Post#169 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:15 pm

Any chance to add the appearance of the “rare fortune set”?
Tophealer RR86 WP

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#170 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:36 pm

Oglaf wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:22 pm
My thread was locked for no apparent reason. I wasn't being rude or anything, I merely made a plea to have the changes reverted and yet the thread was locked. This doesn't reflect well on you guys at all. It clearly shows that you're just making whatever changes you want and don't listen to feedback at all, and will just shut down discussion about it.
This is what shutting down conversation looks like. We don't need to have a dragged out conversation about this. We have a talented artist who has been encouraged to created new content for a game that's been dead for 7 years. We will do as we see fit with this content and be incredibly happy that it's being created at all. The back piece that was replaced will be assigned somewhere more appropriate in the future, when we deem something to be appropriate for a rather high tier appearance.

If you use the forums to make the people working on the game feel like **** about their time invested, we don't have to be welcoming to you. This isn't the first time you've been warned about this specific issue. There's a difference between feedback and shitposting. You're entitled to neither.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog