Recent Topics

Ads

Appearance Guide - Updated 18/06/2021

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
leeroyer

Re: Appearance Guide - Updated 29/04/2020

Post#61 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:36 am

Grunbag wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:27 am
leeroyer wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:22 am
Grunbag wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:17 am

We reorder the appearance according to the item set level . So higher the set it , better the set look . I think it’s logical that your appearance goes better with level and rr than the opposite ?
And you think that the feeling was not there before? :) I totally agree with you, but I didn't feel any different before - maybe on higher ranks. Anyway my WP looked definitelly much worse on rank 20 (as it looks now) then on rank 35....
So for me this is huge drawback... because you say that I can still have the same appereance, but I can't... I would have to invest enormous time into my chars to get them look the same since I have really a lot of chars. :)
I know this is something hurt many of you and the goal is not to hurt anyone . We simply had no new appearance to give for vanq and bloodord (they were mostly reused appearance) and nothing new to give to warlord (we had to use conq appearance for it) and nothing to add to darkpromise neither . All of this because we gave too many appearances on lowers set , result having nothing new to give for higher tier .

That’s why we reorder everything and tried to use the gear on their appropriate appearance . I’m sure you will be able to get your appearance back , I know it will be longer to grind some pieces , but I hope you understand the reason why we did it.
Also , we made sure you could have 100% of the available appearances .
I think that we agree to disagree. :)

On the one hand I understand your points, on the other for me it won't be possible to get all the appereances back. If I imagine all the time I would have to spend on a crappy looking character to improve it (times the number of my characters)... the gaps are just huge now....

From my point of view, the solution was to make some chance for everybody to get their old appereance on the same level (vendors, boss drops....) or just keep it as it was.

So for me this is the perfect time to take a break for Warhammer, but I believe that there is a lot of players with different opinion who will welcome this change.

Ads
Wdova

Post#62 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:20 pm

Mmmm, Tyrant....

Choppa, WH, nom nom
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

DarkDeadly

Post#63 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:05 pm

the hunters set is missing from that list.
its one of the first ones from orvr quest.

ekalime
Developer

Post#64 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:06 pm

That mid-level characters had higher appearances is a problem we were trying to resolve. High level gear was previously distributed on lower level sets because the developers wanted to give the players better looking gear when content such as forts, city sieges, and dungeons weren't implemented - they did not want players sitting around in low level gear for years. This however was not a long term solution and whether or not it was the correct thing to do is another question.
Unfortunately this created the problem that high end gear was put on lower sets, and tearing those appearances away from players and assigning them to the sets they should be on is a painful experience but one that has to be done if we are to plan for the future. So, you can either choose to be happy that for a time you had access to high end sets and now you have to work to regain those appearances, or you can choose to feel robbed. However, I can assure you that a lot of thought went into correcting this mistake so that everything is appropriately distributed and we no longer have end-game gear on Invader as an example.

Omegus

Post#65 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:23 pm

Grunbag wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:10 am
Omegus wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:03 am Where are the female-version of the Zealot shoulders pictured in the Havoc set located? It's not from IC merchants, it's not from the Havoc set (no shoulders in the set), it's not purple PQ bags in t2 and I'm running out of T2 influence rewards to farm and check. All of the shoulders I've found so far look like those pictured in the Tracker set or the Obliterator Set.

Any help appreciated!
T1 and T2 helm/shoulders that are not part of the setwill be added to world drop loot table for next patch . The name of the item will be mentioned in the notes
Oh well, I got to see some PQs I hadn't touched since live :P. Thanks for the update.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Honeycake

Post#66 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:46 pm

Grunbag wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:17 am

We reorder the appearance according to the item set level . So higher the set it , better the set look . I think it’s logical that your appearance goes better with level and rr than the opposite ?
And you think that the feeling was not there before? :) I totally agree with you, but I didn't feel any different before - maybe on higher ranks. Anyway my WP looked definitelly much worse on rank 20 (as it looks now) then on rank 35....
So for me this is huge drawback... because you say that I can still have the same appereance, but I can't... I would have to invest enormous time into my chars to get them look the same since I have really a lot of chars. :)
I know this is something hurt many of you and the goal is not to hurt anyone . We simply had no new appearance to give for vanq and bloodord (they were mostly reused appearance) and nothing new to give to warlord (we had to use conq appearance for it) and nothing to add to darkpromise neither . All of this because we gave too many appearances on lowers set , result having nothing new to give for higher tier .

That’s why we reorder everything and tried to use the gear on their appropriate appearance . I’m sure you will be able to get your appearance back , I know it will be longer to grind some pieces , but I hope you understand the reason why we did it.
Thank you and your team for great work anyway) For me appeared new quest - farm helmet from bloodlord =D
Team warhammer ROR glad us new updated and this is really cool)

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#67 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:52 pm

Honeycake wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:46 pm

Thank you and your team for great work anyway) For me appeared new quest - farm helmet from bloodlord =D
Team warhammer ROR glad us new updated and this is really cool)
You’re playing RP ? :)
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

Grock

Post#68 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:24 pm

Grunbag wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:43 am
Magusar wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:41 am Did you just delete old duelist/mayhem(like devastator on live) chest's appearance for BW?Cant find it.
If you can’t find something , check the green gear vendor in you’re capital city first
old/reworked duelist/mayhem look also missing for Slayer as well
green gear looks differently and always looked the same, specifically this artwork

another dev said missing sets may have future use, but the set in question is a T3 set, would there really be a future use for it? There's already 4 sets in T3 - rvr, sc, pq, quest 🤔

ekalime wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:11 pm - 'missing' pieces - some sets were set aside for future use, I hope they will return to you in the future. Until then keep them in your fond memories.
Last edited by Grock on Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Ads
Grock

Post#69 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:39 pm

Grunbag wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:10 amT1 and T2 helm/shoulders that are not part of the setwill be added to world drop loot table for next patch . The name of the item will be mentioned in the notes
In regards to this i just want to comment that T1 and T2 looks seem to have been based on rarity, so each rarity level uses different artwork variation, however (at least for slayer) there were some missing pieces, like for purple rarity set there are still some pieces that use same appearance as blue rarity instead (usually belts)

When you add in new missing pieces please make sure its all based on rarity level like it was supposed to

Also I'm pretty sure T3 gear should have the same logic as t1-t2, but from what i've seen all non-set T3 gear has the same look as green vendor regardless of rarity, although im talking mostly from Slayer perspective
So maybe take a second look at T3 gear as well, assign alternative looks to blue/purple gear so we can actually fill in missing pieces that sets don't have (belts!)

Gotta say this appearance rework started as a total wreck but is now getting better and better, good job lads :lol:
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#70 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:43 pm

Missing pieces will be added to world drop for t1, T2 (and t3 is the set don’t have belt or helm)
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer