Recent Topics

Ads

Fortress Lords and their mechanics

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Goliathus

Re: Fortress Lords and their mechanics

Post#61 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:09 am

madrocks wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:14 am Oh you know? Tell me how to break the funnel. I've send a BiS geared group up the ramp with the BG M4 "Khaines Warding" -the most broken and OP M4 in the game- and they still died.
Don't show up here with your smart ass trollface and talk to me about strategy.

That mechanic is not challenging, it's stupid! How much of a challenge is it to defend one ramp on the 3rd floor? If I wanted to stand somewhere and aoe for reward I would go and farm squiggs in BC.

You defended that room with pugs? Now Imagine 3 Organized guild warbands up there.
We defended it with 2 Organised wb's, and pugs who listened. Co-ordination and Co-operation are what is key, the thing Destro has always lacked. Too many wannabe no-namers spamming chat constantly, causing confusion and chaos.
Exclusiv - Dps DoK
Whazghkull - Beefeater Tank
Chonka - Pink Machine
Elflover - Spread love, not hate
Smolderin - Burn all heretics!

Ads
Sithras

Post#62 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:28 am

Goliathus wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:09 am
madrocks wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:14 am Oh you know? Tell me how to break the funnel. I've send a BiS geared group up the ramp with the BG M4 "Khaines Warding" -the most broken and OP M4 in the game- and they still died.
Don't show up here with your smart ass trollface and talk to me about strategy.

That mechanic is not challenging, it's stupid! How much of a challenge is it to defend one ramp on the 3rd floor? If I wanted to stand somewhere and aoe for reward I would go and farm squiggs in BC.

You defended that room with pugs? Now Imagine 3 Organized guild warbands up there.
We defended it with 2 Organised wb's, and pugs who listened. Co-ordination and Co-operation are what is key, the thing Destro has always lacked. Too many wannabe no-namers spamming chat constantly, causing confusion and chaos.
Girl, listen to me, if u are so good, stop to hide at ur Keep and talk about things you've never seen: put ur head out and take Butcher Pass, we're waiting for u with a lot of that pink candy then u love so much <3

madrocks
Suspended

Post#63 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:43 pm

Natherul wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:02 am
madrocks wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:57 am @Zxul
It's a cauldron you drop and it works as the ones in Fell Landing/Reikwald.
Now if that placed cauldron is not destructible we are talking.
Problem is if the defender gets its hands on it first. Then we are back to square one just on mach2.
As Harios got it from the north BO in Stonewatch, the defender can reach it way ahead of the attacker.
Not specifically from north BO and its a mechanic Im working on to help where the defenders have reached a critical mass. Its probably not going to stay as it is rn for much longer but its in fact a work in progress.

As for complaints on lord x, its meant that some forts are way harder then others they were never intended to all be equal. On top of this complaining on keg/effigy. Its a rather new mechanic that we are evaluating but it was needed to change from the old heal proc. As for adding stairs, Thats a hell lot of work and may not even be possible as such any such request currently will not be looked at (we have some work that needs to be solved before major changes like that could theoretically be done.)
Thank you for your answer Nath.
I know that your time frames are limited guys. I welcome a lot the idea to make the lords difficult to kill and versatile in their mechanics. It is just a waste to have a lord (fort and keep) that does not require any coordination to kill.
Your solution to have items to interact with to break the critical mass is surely the most easy solution.
Please consider in your process of alternation that there is a lot of random factors during a battle and in the process of conquering the zones. One can only control the train to certain point.

I will see if we can get more sieges done and test that Cauldron vs keg/effi funnel.
Lutz

Brew

Post#64 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:02 pm

Goliathus wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:44 am
Keep the salt to a minimum, it's hard and frustrating for you, I get that.

Also I am sure many, many players thought of it, however none of them bothered to actually organize Order to do it.

Lastly, to the other 2 replies of my post, you made a good example of how you want everything given to you on a plate, instead of earning it. This entitlement that players have of being handed everything on a silver platter, it's got to stop. The devs have enough to deal with without having to create an ABC123 step-by-step walkthrough of anything the player base finds an inconvenience.
Switches to the side that defends forts the most, then talks about how they don't want things given to them on a silver platter. Hilarious hypocrisy right there.
<Art Supplies>

Goliathus

Post#65 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:05 pm

Brew wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:02 pm
Goliathus wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:44 am
Keep the salt to a minimum, it's hard and frustrating for you, I get that.

Also I am sure many, many players thought of it, however none of them bothered to actually organize Order to do it.

Lastly, to the other 2 replies of my post, you made a good example of how you want everything given to you on a plate, instead of earning it. This entitlement that players have of being handed everything on a silver platter, it's got to stop. The devs have enough to deal with without having to create an ABC123 step-by-step walkthrough of anything the player base finds an inconvenience.
Switches to the side that defends forts the most, then talks about how they don't want things given to them on a silver platter. Hilarious hypocrisy right there.
I'm not sure if you're mentally unstable, or have some weird fixation on me? Either way, you need help.

We switched sides because of the constant imbalance in the RvR lakes, Destro constant zerging and Order having 280% AAO at times. I'm sure you're one of those that loves to be part of the zerg, and probably sit afk infront the the keep doors while everyone else does the work for you. However players like me enjoy a challenge, especially in the RvR lakes when we are outnumbered, and still come out on top.

I can only assume you have trouble understanding how much communication and effort it takes to defend a fort, as well as attack one. Having played on both sides, I came to the conclusion that Destro is too used to having a huge numbers majority, that when it comes to close to even numbers, the slackers and leeches show, and thus they have trouble mounting a good offence.

If all you can do is come to pour your salt on the forums, I suggest you just stay off them.
Exclusiv - Dps DoK
Whazghkull - Beefeater Tank
Chonka - Pink Machine
Elflover - Spread love, not hate
Smolderin - Burn all heretics!

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#66 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:11 pm

bickering between players have no place in this topic. Keep it civil or warnings will go out and the thread will be locked to only be edited on updates to any mechanics

Brew

Post#67 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:17 pm

Natherul wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:11 pm bickering between players have no place in this topic. Keep it civil or warnings will go out and the thread will be locked to only be edited on updates to any mechanics
Well said, lets keep it intelligent and civil.
<Art Supplies>

wpc56
Suspended

Post#68 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:23 pm

Single stair is bad design. It reminded me of live when multiple rain of fire/pit of shade stacks and there was just the one small ramp up to keep's room.

There is a reason original dev back in warhammer online limited both aoe and added a second ramp to get up the keep.

I saw another suggestion from one of the poster is to spread out objectives, which is a good idea. Fun pvp happens while roaming with a sense of fluidity for small group, gank group or zerg.

Alternatively there are other mechanics you can mirror too, that 2nd last boss in BS mid wing have a buff on 2f you need to kill or it'll give boss dmg buff, you can make it more difficult to kill the lord with various buff (scale to multiple WB like aoe or something) so it's both a buff to defender (like aoe stun back in the days at 50%) and a choice for the attacker

Ads
Illuminati

Post#69 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:46 pm

Using math here....

It only takes 10x players to spam AoE on a ramp to make it impossible to push by it 'reasonably'. The damage is impossible to heal through, couple that with Morale damage (~800) and you can see why (10x800)+(800) = 8800 in a single GCD is poor game design. Add firepots, heal debuff (aura's) etc, and its fairly easy to hold.

We broke the line last night and took the fort, using banners with 'immunity' (for 15 secs) and banner punts, however, Order was lower level players and short handed.

Counter logic would be to simply spam back, that 10x Destro AoE at the top should kill them back however those in the front are guarded and highest mitigated.

A simple fix is needed here....

a. Change the mechanic
b. Change AoE mechanic - (having these hit 24x people is probably heavily contributing to the lag as the damage states / server traffic must be incredible).
c. Enforce a larger disparity of population caps.

<a> looks like the easy one =)

-Illuminati
————————————————
Destro: Killamanjaro (80+ Choppa) / Killamanjaroo (70+ DoK) / Unsworn (70+ Chosen) / Illuminatii (60+ Blackguard) / Killaman (80+ Squig)
Order: ?

Bugs reported: 6

Devonya

Post#70 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:41 pm

Natherul wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:02 am
Not specifically from north BO and its a mechanic Im working on to help where the defenders have reached a critical mass. Its probably not going to stay as it is rn for much longer but its in fact a work in progress.

As for complaints on lord x, its meant that some forts are way harder then others they were never intended to all be equal. On top of this complaining on keg/effigy. Its a rather new mechanic that we are evaluating but it was needed to change from the old heal proc. As for adding stairs, Thats a hell lot of work and may not even be possible as such any such request currently will not be looked at (we have some work that needs to be solved before major changes like that could theoretically be done.)
What's your thoughts on just moving the keg somewhere else? Maybe the first floor or next to the lord. I don't think any of us can disagree that the defenders holding a tiny choke that only one player can get up at a time is not a fair mechanic for attackers.