Recent Topics

Ads

Fortress Lords and their mechanics

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
madrocks
Suspended

Re: Fortress Lords and their mechanics

Post#51 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:14 am

Oh you know? Tell me how to break the funnel. I've send a BiS geared group up the ramp with the BG M4 "Khaines Warding" -the most broken and OP M4 in the game- and they still died.
Don't show up here with your smart ass trollface and talk to me about strategy.

That mechanic is not challenging, it's stupid! How much of a challenge is it to defend one ramp on the 3rd floor? If I wanted to stand somewhere and aoe for reward I would go and farm squiggs in BC.

You defended that room with pugs? Now Imagine 3 Organized guild warbands up there.
Lutz

Ads
Zxul

Post#52 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:38 am

Someone posted an interesting item today:

Might it be the solution for dwarf fort?
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

martholomew

Post#53 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:49 am

Goliathus wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:01 am There is a way of breaking the funnel on 3rd (Keg room) In dwarf/Orc forts, I know exactly how, as I was the one who organized Order to funnel 3rd room. Thus I know the weakness of it. Instead of just asking the Dev's to "fix" anything that is remotely challenging, try and put your heads together and come up with strategies and tactics.
Enlighten us, then.

We'll wait.
Magus 40/78

madrocks
Suspended

Post#54 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:57 am

@Zxul
It's a cauldron you drop and it works as the ones in Fell Landing/Reikwald.
Now if that placed cauldron is not destructible we are talking.
Problem is if the defender gets its hands on it first. Then we are back to square one just on mach2.
As Harios got it from the north BO in Stonewatch, the defender can reach it way ahead of the attacker.
Lutz

Brew

Post#55 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:34 am

Goliathus wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:01 am There is a way of breaking the funnel on 3rd (Keg room) In dwarf/Orc forts, I know exactly how, as I was the one who organized Order to funnel 3rd room. Thus I know the weakness of it. Instead of just asking the Dev's to "fix" anything that is remotely challenging, try and put your heads together and come up with strategies and tactics.
The drawback of defending 3rd floor means you put yourself on a timer because attackers can kill the lord. With Keg on 3rd floor and 1 choke point the lord infinitely heals, it would be stupid as F to not defend 3rd floor there are no drawbacks to it, its so blatantly obvious that is the strat to use even Gitbane could think of it. You're not the 1st one to think of defending a ramp, don't give yourself so much credit.

Of course you don't have a problem with this strat , your guild went from kicking people who plays order to switching to order. Defending forts is infinitely easier than attacking, and you just switched to the faction that defends more often.

All of this talking of strategy is null and void if defenders can have equal or more than the number of attackers, that is the real issue and it is the only issue that matters.
<Art Supplies>

Sithras

Post#56 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:27 am

You know how to break it...... Aaaaaaah, so is for that then order push always at dwarf tier...

Goliathus

Post#57 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:44 am

Brew wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:34 am
The drawback of defending 3rd floor means you put yourself on a timer because attackers can kill the lord. With Keg on 3rd floor and 1 choke point the lord infinitely heals, it would be stupid as F to not defend 3rd floor there are no drawbacks to it, its so blatantly obvious that is the strat to use even Gitbane could think of it. You're not the 1st one to think of defending a ramp, don't give yourself so much credit.

Of course you don't have a problem with this strat , your guild went from kicking people who plays order to switching to order. Defending forts is infinitely easier than attacking, and you just switched to the faction that defends more often.

All of this talking of strategy is null and void if defenders can have equal or more than the number of attackers, that is the real issue and it is the only issue that matters.
Keep the salt to a minimum, it's hard and frustrating for you, I get that.

Also I am sure many, many players thought of it, however none of them bothered to actually organize Order to do it.

Lastly, to the other 2 replies of my post, you made a good example of how you want everything given to you on a plate, instead of earning it. This entitlement that players have of being handed everything on a silver platter, it's got to stop. The devs have enough to deal with without having to create an ABC123 step-by-step walkthrough of anything the player base finds an inconvenience.
Exclusiv - Dps DoK
Whazghkull - Beefeater Tank
Chonka - Pink Machine
Elflover - Spread love, not hate
Smolderin - Burn all heretics!

Davjen
Suspended

Post#58 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:50 am

I always thought that 3rd floor defence was always the last thing to choose. Accepting to not have enough number to win but trying to farm enemy as much as possible before the inevitable loss. With this mechanic 3rd floor keg is kinda a 100% winning strategy. Sure you might push 3rd staving 3rd floor without showing so they can't build morale and u can actually build morale on lord and then do a morale push against a no morale push but people in this game are so dumb that there will be always some random giving free morale and healers not understanding to punish retards instead ressing them.

I would move keg to 1floor so u still have a choice of a single entrance funnel (kinda ,there is still postern but) but is still doable.

Ads
Natherul
Former Staff

Post#59 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:02 am

madrocks wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:57 am @Zxul
It's a cauldron you drop and it works as the ones in Fell Landing/Reikwald.
Now if that placed cauldron is not destructible we are talking.
Problem is if the defender gets its hands on it first. Then we are back to square one just on mach2.
As Harios got it from the north BO in Stonewatch, the defender can reach it way ahead of the attacker.
Not specifically from north BO and its a mechanic Im working on to help where the defenders have reached a critical mass. Its probably not going to stay as it is rn for much longer but its in fact a work in progress.

As for complaints on lord x, its meant that some forts are way harder then others they were never intended to all be equal. On top of this complaining on keg/effigy. Its a rather new mechanic that we are evaluating but it was needed to change from the old heal proc. As for adding stairs, Thats a hell lot of work and may not even be possible as such any such request currently will not be looked at (we have some work that needs to be solved before major changes like that could theoretically be done.)

Gantie

Post#60 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:04 am

make warhammer fun again!
Wots