Recent Topics

Ads

New xRealm Lockout

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
madmalky2014
Suspended

Re: New xRealm Lockout

Post#141 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:44 am

Lockout when you change realm doesnt really work as people see a destro zerg they logon destro till the final zone is up. If they are order preference they can switch back get the fort and renown solves nothing. Lockout from fort participation would be better if you xrealm at all you should be denied the fort period.

This would stop the invader farmers getting freenown and medals.

Ads
Kwatchi
Suspended

Post#142 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:19 pm

madmalky2014 wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:44 am This would stop the invader farmers getting freenown and medals.
Unfortunately Order numbers are so low atm that we fail to fill up most Fort ‘slots’ a lot of the time. Players are just stepping into the zone while the Keep Lord is dying and getting reservation spots. So taking out the lock will just put things back like they were.

Whether that is a good thing or not is to be debated. The rvr game as it stands is certainly not balanced. It is up to the devs to realize this and find the right fix before the population craters beyond recovery.
Slayer - 40/7x
Archmage - 40/7x

w3ass3l

Post#143 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:54 pm

Direbloodykiller wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:10 pm
martholomew wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:11 pm
w3ass3l wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:00 pm Personally I would rather have a permanent side lock since that would make people try and play better for their side to win but I understand the reason they let us experience both side. With that said a very rough idea I have in mind for stopping xrealming is to remove the side lock all together and introduce a reward lock meaning that if you start doing rvr and then you decide to change sides you will not get any kind of rewards (influence, xp, tokens etc) for an amount of time. Example you play order and defend praag but destro has greater numbers and you think screw this switching to destro to get easy farm,with the current system you can do this and get a 90 min lock on destro but if you get a reward lock you have no reason to switch. I'm pretty sure something similar was suggested in the past and this is only a general idea of a way to stop xrealming. I'm sure people have good ideas to help solve this problem so let's do our best to help devs keep this server alive and fun for all of us.
I agree with this. I get why the lock is implemented, but I think in addition to the lock, maybe an exp/rr bonus buff across that faction that starts at 0% and raises by 1% per hour or so the longer you continue to devote time to that faction in your played hours, and if you swap factions it goes away and you are penalized in the reserve on the other faction.
the problem doesnt go away with this, people just want to win regardless of the lack of contribution. the slaughtering is prize enough (how now you can be proud of rolling over the opposition 100 vs. 50)
If people switch to zerg people without getting anything in return except a false satisfaction that they are good then there is nothing you can do to change that mentality. I really believe that the only way to stop xrealming is to punish hard those doing and that is either by a longer or even perma lock or take from them any kind of reward. Maybe even that could be used as a way to try and balance the pop as well, they could make it so that if you switch sides you lose all rvr rewards unless to switch to a side that is outnumbered up to a point that the outnumbered side is up to 20% AAO. That way you don't have a reason to switch side unless you want to fight for the underdog. As for the people who zerg for the sake of zerging there isn't anything that can be done about I believe.

anarchypark

Post#144 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:25 am

the feeling of winner, claim of 'I killed you' is enough reward to xrealm.
and screwing particular person.
got kicked from wb? i go help other side to screw you wb leader.
didn't get heals? helping other side as healer.
you disagree my strategy? I'll stop yours to show I was right.

all about memememe, I win.

give us 8hours lock plz. It only effect those ppl.
maybe some collateral damages
but it's war.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

PartizanRUS

Post#145 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:11 am

90 minutes ? That's too soft. Must be few hours.
This patch is a bit late. At least it will fix part of useless realm leechers.
When you will remove Nerfed buttons ? In another 5 years ? :roll:
Burn heretics and mutants, purge the unclean. ingame - Partizan . Hammer of Sigmar guild [RUS]
Image https://i.imgur.com/Un7WASp.jpg Image Image

Ototo

Post#146 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:51 pm

PartizanRUS wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:11 am 90 minutes ? That's too soft. Must be few hours.
When you will remove Nerfed buttons ? In another 5 years ? :roll:

I'm gonna copy/paste this cause it's relevant for this comment:

Ototo wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:42 pm
PartizanRUS wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:32 am "Nerfed Buttons" - this dogshit hack is still working, seriously ? It's for retards who can't play fair and square.
It was created for people that couldn't use properly their hands/fingers. It was later exploited by hardcore gankers, and finally tuned down a lot by it's very own creator only 2 weeks b4 releasing. On its release state it was both a macro and chainer, and you could, iirc, just press your movements buttons and use them to attack in your chain. If you could only move 1 finger, you could play the game with your friends. I actually knew a guy that could only move 3 fingers and both thumbs in total, and that played thanks to the addon, and a couple more that only had one arm.

So while, yes, your opinion is relevant cause the addon was massively used to exploit the hell out of the macro functionality, no, the addon was not bad per se, and was actually done with good feelings in mind. The reason why it should not be banned, btw. In its current state, for a person that can move normally all fingers, it just makes the game boring and it's just a conditional chainer, unless that you are overly competitive in which case you will search the hell out of the lesser advantage possible and exploit it.
Spoiler:

xpander
Community Management

Post#147 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:51 pm

PartizanRUS wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:11 am 90 minutes ? That's too soft. Must be few hours.
Completely Agree. There should be realm pride also. Not just switching to other side. Iirc Mythic had 12 hour lock (was more than 90 min for sure) at the end of their Service

I'd suggest at least 4 hours
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Install guide for Windows
Offical RoR Discord

AUR package for WARAddonClient

-------------------------------------------------------------------
My Linux Gaming Videos

Twyxx

Post#148 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:02 pm

Nothing screams population killer like a lockout that’s hours long.

Ads
Fenris78

Post#149 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:21 pm

Lockout should take effect starting from disconnection, and stand for at least 30-60 min if you connect another char of the same tier bracket or upper (so you still can dc a rank 40 character to level up another in opposite realm, but with lower tier).

Also, timer lockout should only prevent going into RvR lakes, not other PvE or scenarii activites (where changing side is not really impactful for other side).

BeautfulToad

Post#150 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:59 pm

Am I the only person that switches side to the realm with fewer players? Lockout should not be stricter.
Last edited by BeautfulToad on Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.