Recent Topics

Ads

New xRealm Lockout

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Ototo

Re: New xRealm Lockout

Post#41 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:49 pm

zumos2 wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:40 pm
Ototo wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:23 pm In live server you could only pick one realm for a server, and nobody complained this hard. Would it be better if it was only triggered by RvR flag? Apparently, but "impossible to see the future is" like Yoda said. IMHO, for the people that want to simply enjoy the game it will be mostly a nuisance, and will only matter, like every other change, only to diehards.
When you could only have characters on one side since launch of the game cannot be compared to here, where everyone could make characters on both sides from the start. Many have put much time into both destruction and order characters on this server.
Can be 100% comparable. The only thing avoid the comparison is your statement, not a forum rule or whatever. About the rest: And? Does it mean that you deserve the chance to xrealm without consequences? Are the characters gonna disappear or being wiped out? You are raging cause of 1 and a half hours. Nothing more, nothing less.
Spoiler:

Ads
zumos2

Post#42 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:01 pm

Ototo wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:49 pm
Spoiler:
Ototo wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:23 pm In live server you could only pick one realm for a server, and nobody complained this hard. Would it be better if it was only triggered by RvR flag? Apparently, but "impossible to see the future is" like Yoda said. IMHO, for the people that want to simply enjoy the game it will be mostly a nuisance, and will only matter, like every other change, only to diehards.
When you could only have characters on one side since launch of the game cannot be compared to here, where everyone could make characters on both sides from the start. Many have put much time into both destruction and order characters on this server.
Can be 100% comparable. The only thing avoid the comparison is your statement, not a forum rule or whatever. About the rest: And? Does it mean that you deserve the chance to xrealm without consequences? Are the characters gonna disappear or being wiped out? You are raging cause of 1 and a half hours. Nothing more, nothing less.
If you believe its 100% comparable then there is no point trying to reason further with you. And if you read what else I wrote, I believe I give solutions that target cross-realming in RvR without all these extra consequences.
Zumos - Member of Red Guard

Current Guilds: The Unlikely Plan - Deep and Dry - Dark Omen

Ototo

Post#43 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:15 pm

zumos2 wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:01 pm
Ototo wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:49 pm
Spoiler:
If you believe its 100% comparable then there is no point trying to reason further with you. And if you read what else I wrote, I believe I give solutions that target cross-realming in RvR without all these extra consequences.
Fine, I didn't want to reason with you to start with. I just gave my opinion, and you quoted me. I don't need your opinions to have mines, so "thanks", but no. My opinion still stays the same cause, you know, reason.
Spoiler:

anarchypark

Post#44 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:50 pm

zumos2 wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:38 pm
Not engaging in RvR (doing PvE or scenarios) and then when there is a Fort picking the defender of Fort is not really cross-realming. The problem there lies with the current Fort design, where with large numbers the defender is guarenteed to win. With the old fort design this wouldnt be a problem at all. If you combine the old fort design with getting no RvR rewards for lets say 60 mins if you were first flagged on one side and then swap to the other, I think all problems are solved.

no reward is kinda same as 100aao malus.
it stopped 200~300 aao. but still 100aao zerg happens.
ppl still prefer easy mode.
lock system is asking u to stick to your realm even if it's hard mode.

Not engaging in RvR (doing PvE or scenarios) -
it's fine WHEN your realm is hard mode.
it's not fine WHEN you wait enemy to push fort. for your easy defence reward.

waiting fort defence is behavior to fix. same old 'don't fight, let them come, farm them'.
and realm rock is one of answer.
forcing you to play your realm.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Ototo

Post#45 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:58 pm

Why are all people assuming that Scenarios aren't RvR? They are, and trigger the RvR flag, so should trigger the timer. IMHO, the only thing that is kind of over the top is PvE, yet I don't mind if the current timer triggers on log in.

You are all simply kicking a dead horse to press your personal preferences. Timer is either to all PvP content, including scenarios of course, or for all content, on login.
Spoiler:

Detangler

Post#46 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:58 pm

Could people, maybe, I dont know, plan ahead with their friends maybe? Like set a schedule for when they all want to play order and destro. Like alternate days that you all want to play? Doesn't seem that hard....
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

zumos2

Post#47 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:03 pm

anarchypark wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:50 pm waiting fort defence is behavior to fix. same old 'don't fight, let them come, farm them'.
and realm rock is one of answer.
forcing you to play your realm.
Old Fort system you cannot wait doing other things before Fort happens, because you will not have a spot if you didn't participate in RvR. So no realm lock is necessary.
Zumos - Member of Red Guard

Current Guilds: The Unlikely Plan - Deep and Dry - Dark Omen

sioding
Game Master

Post#48 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:10 pm

MaxHayman wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:39 pm Please keep feedback on topic and focus more on improving the system, possible exceptions, etc.
OCRANA ...deal with it!
Jolinor
Siolor

sioding[at]returnofreckoning.com

Ads
anarchypark

Post#49 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:06 am

IMO, realm lock should be more stricter.
timer starts on logout of character, it should refresh with each logout.
reason :
log destro -> activate timer -> push to fort for few hours( timer expired ) -> log order -> profit fort defense.

lock is lock. give them 1 chance a day to play 1 realm.
ppl complain about hassles but
they'll choose carefully and have to stick to it.
it'll raise tolerance level and form tight unity inside realm.
cuz there's no other choice.

worst case
1. quit for duration
it's better than xrealm to add zerg number.
2. can't change to underdog.
it's possible ppl quit if enemy is too powerful.
there should be a way to change to underdog. with price if have to. golds or token.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Mattia1981

Post#50 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:09 am

MaxHayman wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:39 pm

We are open to feedback and are looking to improve the system. So if you have any constructive feedback please post.

/Quote/

I think this will be not a solution, people will find a way to realm, probabily they will create another account? :?: I have a nice idea: to stick the IP address of players to the server, so no one can "cheat" like that (For ban too maybe?).

I am not very happy, despite i always played on destro last 2 month, but i decided to roll 2 new characters, an IB and a Magus.

Yesterday, after doing a bit of rvr with IB in T4 (rank 17) i started gunbad mid with kotbs...after a couple of hours and more, when tried to log the chosen i had 2 hours locked on order side and i didn't entered in any rvr lake. At last i logged in my Chosen, and had some rvr partecipation before logging out.

This morning i launched the game, the mainscream ofc showed my the Chosen as the last character i played ready to be used so i opted to switch to Blackguard for some scenarios before growing up the IB, buuuuuut it locked me on destro side for 5 hours as soon as i choosed the change character to select the BG on mainscream on destro side O_o .

Maybe all could be fixed just avoiding any character of opposite faction entering the rvr area if he joined with a character of opposite faction in ANY rvr lake in the last 5 hours or last 2-3 keeps/forts (there will come city siege, right?)?
Could the system mark the characters of the player that switched side -if he partecipated rvr- with something like "Shame of the traitor" and apply on it a 5 hours debuff in rvr lake disabling any action and preventing any reward gained?
I don' t know, it sounds a bit complicated, but i hope that would help fair playerz to log all characters at wish for other contents.

Greetings men, happy new year!
Last edited by Mattia1981 on Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:40 am, edited 2 times in total.