Recent Topics

Ads

New xRealm Lockout

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
CountTalabecland

Re: New xRealm Lockout

Post#201 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:05 am

Flowson wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:43 pm How does this solution prevent xgamers avoid this trick by simple setting up 2 accounts? 1 for order and another email for destro? Right now its just a sanction for players who use 1 account to swtich destro and order.
My understanding is that it is based upon IP address. Hence, just like with banned ppl, they will know its you even if you use multiple emails.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Ads
Panodil

Post#202 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:09 am

Remove lockout would be best change for me and the guild. Make it easier to swap sides. Its so hard to pick a side for a 3h 24 man wb most nights. Would like to have freedom to play what side i want.
Sure some people who dont play gamecfor fun will swap to zerg side, but thats such a low number of people anyway. Most just stop doing rvr when losing hard to do sc or pve, thats why it looks like xrealm.
Panodil WP
Panodill DoK
Panodilz Zealot
Panodilr Runepriest
Run Shaman
Panage Archmage

Orgruk

Post#203 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:12 am

CountTalabecland wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:05 am My understanding is that it is based upon IP address. Hence, just like with banned ppl, they will know its you even if you use multiple emails.
But what about couples or siblings using the same router but different PC ?

Maybe the lockout, if technicaly possible, should be :
  • on log out
  • based on IP
  • and based on mac adress
My Choppa/Slayer proposals : Better Rage > GTDC replacement > Balance

Malykhai

Post#204 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:34 am

dwyur wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:43 pm 90 minute xrealm timer should be 90 (or 60) minutes once you log out, not log in or are flagged.

Having the timer run while playing on a faction doesn't prevent xrealming. Having a 60 or 90 minute locked in timer from when you log out (if you are PvP flagged or have been flagged _ amount of time ago when logging out) prevents that immediate log in to the other side, and 60 minutes isn't like you have to quit for the day if you want to play other side. Just prevents you from participating in the current RvR situation, on both realms, instantly.

edit; whelp guess this has been suggested continuously since thread began
but yeah 60 minutes from log out makes most sense to me
This was my suggestion as well!

madmalky2014
Suspended

Post#205 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:00 am

Lockout is far too short should 4 hrs + to stop the fort logging for city brigade are using it to throw zones. It is having the oppossite effect of what it was meant for. Remove or extend time present one isnt working.

Kyraith

Post#206 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:07 am

And what about when city is not popping and the only way to get a city is to switch to the other realm?

I guess lockouts could get disabled during city queue?
Kiyon - RR 81 Swordmaster of Hoeth

TanithScout

Post#207 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:12 pm

Kyraith wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:07 am And what about when city is not popping and the only way to get a city is to switch to the other realm?

I guess lockouts could get disabled during city queue?
What.
Qonrad, the knave of Nagarythe, Ghost of the Garior.

Imperial, Myrmidia's Chosen

Live: Karak Azgal Guild: They Took Our Jobs (Explicit Content) Char: Neomir/HCTBoom/Jinnz

khandman

Post#208 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:53 am

Just came back and read this. Finally a lock out to stop the xrealming. +1
8-) Radiation, Bright Wizard. Desverger, War Priest. Kiurcher, KotBS
:D Warforge, Engineer. Anvilcrack, Rune Priest.
;) Valoriel, Shadow Warrior. Felwithe, Sword Master. Ravenscroft, White Lion.

Ads
VindicoAtrum

Post#209 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:26 am

I'm all for it. 90 mins from last exiting an rvr zone is great, heavily minimises xrealm cheese but totally allows for playing both realms.

ufthakk
Suspended

Post#210 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:21 pm

not reading through all of this maybe someone suggested this before.
how about no lockout for going to the lower populated realm?