Recent Topics

Ads

New xRealm Lockout

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
MaxHayman
Management

New xRealm Lockout

Post#1 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:39 pm

We made the xRealm lockout stricter in the most recent patch.

The lock is only applied when you switch realm. If you played last night on Order and today you log into Order there will be no lock applied. If you then switch to Destruction then you will be locked to Destro for 90 mins.

So if you log back in to the last realm you played you won't be locked.

We are open to feedback and are looking to improve the system. So if you have any constructive feedback please post.

Please keep feedback on topic and focus more on improving the system, possible exceptions, etc.
Max Hayman

Ads
empmoz

Re: New xRealm Lockout

Post#2 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:13 pm

I approve of this lockout timer, if you can't wait 90 mins to change to the opposite faction, you're probably Xrealm cheeser

dshdf

Post#3 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:25 pm

90 min lockout on log IN will stop only last minute xrealm, but actlly wont prevent xrealm from players who logged in earlier . Why not simply make it 50 min after log OFF ?
also, it would be nice if system only prevented participation in rvr, but not pve and scs (in form of "quitter-like" debuff instead of complete lockout)

Boursk

Post#4 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:28 pm

dshdf wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:25 pm 90 min lockout on log IN will stop only last minute xrealm, but actlly wont prevent xrealm from players who logged in earlier . Why not simply make it 50 min after log OFF ?
also, it would be nice if system only prevented participation in rvr, but not pve and scs (in form of "quitter-like" debuff instead of complete lockout)
Agree with this, it should only apply to PVP.

Although it would probably be a big undertaking.
[3 years on Live = Volkmar > Ironrock > Gorfang > Badlands]

My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/HannesMW2

Akalukz

Post#5 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:46 pm

I think its a good solution, maybe a workaround for those that want to do PVE could be looked at. Say a timer on RvR Flag or some such.

Might also look into making a contribution from previous zones count more for rewards in the fort. When a side goes from 20 - 40 in ORvR in last zone to 150+ at the fort, there is an issue. This is a good step at trying to fix that.
-= Agony =-

Jeliel80

Post#6 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:52 pm

I don't mind it, but make it so that it triggers when you actually enter ORvR, not just login.

Tbh the greatest problem is not x-realming imho, it's the "open for all" fort system and the fact that the server cannot handle 300+ players in the same zone.

Reservation system, even if not perfect, was a way better format.
http://www.seventhlegion.net/
Jeliel - RP 87
Jel - WP 84
Jelyel - DoK 85
Jelielino - Shaman 85
Jelie - Zealot 81
Jelielina - AM 80

maraudermitu

Post#7 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:04 pm

Good change. If you have been logged out for 90 mins allow it to reset. It would be annoying to log on the next day to destro to do something like sell or buy AH but then be locked because you played on Order a whole day earlier. If an inactive reset cant be accomplished then then it would suffice to only make the lockout happen if you enter RvR.

Wuhh

Post#8 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:04 pm

yes to say again - make the timer trigger on entering and active orvr lake. just logging in and standing in a wc while I did some order side guild admin got me the lockout - for 68mins when I logged back out.... then when I saw this and logged another order toon I might be bothered to play, it reset the lockout to 90minutes... that sucks hard

needs tweaking for sure

Ads
Boursk

Post#9 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:15 pm

Lockout timer can be avoided by crashing the client. (Supposedly)
[3 years on Live = Volkmar > Ironrock > Gorfang > Badlands]

My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/HannesMW2

Sieffert

Post#10 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:59 pm

Why do you say a lockout for 90mins when the lockout timer when I log in is 5h?