Recent Topics

Ads

New xRealm Lockout

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
blakokami

Re: New xRealm Lockout

Post#51 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:30 am

I'm assuming this change is to primarily tackle the problem of people x-realming to the defender side when a fort occurs. If this is the case you are implementing a system that not only doesn't address the many problems that forts have but also punishes people who actively play both realms. It punishes you for just wanting to check your mail, check the AH, xp grind, mat/frag farm, craft, do dungeons, and do sc's. Even from my 6 man point of view this will create problems for the 6v6 league as many teams play both sides and like to swap sides while practicing vs each other.

Even if you decide to make the lock out trigger when you enter an RvR lake that still won't fix the problems that forts have - which is their design with small rooms and small doorways which is an even bigger problem now because of taking away the population cap AND with the aoe changes that happened recently.

I agree with Zumos also that the no population cap has massively contributed to people favoring the defender side because defenders almost always win now. Defenders usually had the advantage even with the 80% cap and the lower numbers.

I'll try to think of a better solution because I understand that with cities coming out at some point that forts having no population cap makes sense but something big needs to change for the forts system. I don't think x-realming is the main problem.

Also, is it really necessary to have this system tied to IP? Some people share the same IP. I know plenty of people that play together or against each other in the same house.
Old School / Lords of the Locker Room

Ads
blakokami

Post#52 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:36 am

Ototo wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:23 pm In live server you could only pick one realm for a server, and nobody complained this hard. Would it be better if it was only triggered by RvR flag? Apparently, but "impossible to see the future is" like Yoda said. IMHO, for the people that want to simply enjoy the game it will be mostly a nuisance, and will only matter, like every other change, only to diehards.
No one complained as much because there were multiple servers to choose from. Most people played order on one server, destro on another etc etc. And guess what? One of the main reasons that most servers died is because of the massive realm imbalance this created. Servers would usually have one side that had better players and/or had a bigger zerg, and this killed the action because most of the players on the losing realm slowly left the server.

I believe that x-realming has also been a good thing for this server. Plenty of people/6 man's/ guilds swap to the underpopulated side so they actually have something to fight. Especially in less populated time zones. It is just terrible when it comes to the current fort system.
Old School / Lords of the Locker Room

Mattia1981

Post#53 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:58 am

blakokami wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:36 am
Ototo wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:23 pm In live server you could only pick one realm for a server, and nobody complained this hard. Would it be better if it was only triggered by RvR flag? Apparently, but "impossible to see the future is" like Yoda said. IMHO, for the people that want to simply enjoy the game it will be mostly a nuisance, and will only matter, like every other change, only to diehards.
No one complained as much because there were multiple servers to choose from. Most people played order on one server, destro on another etc etc. And guess what? One of the main reasons that most servers died is because of the massive realm imbalance this created. Servers would usually have one side that had better players and/or had a bigger zerg, and this killed the action because most of the players on the losing realm slowly left the server.

I believe that x-realming has also been a good thing for this server. Plenty of people/6 man's/ guilds swap to the underpopulated side so they actually have something to fight. Especially in less populated time zones. It is just terrible when it comes to the current fort system.
Agree. But the system is actually punishing more players that do not realm, i am one of that. Basically the problem is not related to the cap, i find a bit ridicolous that some spells and abilities are having a 9/24 limit. Area of effect as logically intended involves ALL characters in the spot without a limit. The wrong, the mistake is about damage and healing which are pretty much close to the single ones, on the on the ridicolous andb continuous AP regaining by some skills and tactics do that anyone will just hit the same buttons for best abilities.... score at the end of a fort and before the rng will grant almost always the first 24 position for ranged aoe dps (40 feet for a slayer/choppa/mara/bg are too much imo) with sometimes a slot for some other classes, like kotbs for M4 etc.

But this is another issue :roll:

Ototo

Post#54 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:10 am

blakokami wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:36 am

I don't need to be teach what I experienced in live, neither that you try to paternalize me, nor what you think that happened. So "thanks" for your input, but wasn't called for. Btw, what killed live was massive gear discrepancies and people rolfstomping in Sovereign over Anni-geared new players, coupled with TERRIBLE strategic choices on leadership from EA over Mythic. Don't quote me again to "correct" my memory.
Spoiler:

Kellanved

Post#55 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:40 am

Sieffert wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:59 pm Why do you say a lockout for 90mins when the lockout timer when I log in is 5h?
Same. I saw 5h also. And i didnt even log order toon since lock implement :P

Idea is ok but this lock dont block xrealm. It block xrealm back into your side after xrealm(?)

EDIT: After loging on difrent destro toons lockout changed into 8h. Wtf?
AM / WH / BW / KOTBS / WL
MARA / ZEALOT / BO / MAGUS / WE
And also: Nastymidget - EG / Nastygobbo - SH

zoso

Post#56 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:31 am

i have a suggestion that might help with the concerns that it will diminish numbers in PVE and SC's, instead of a lockout can you do it, that when you enter RVR zone, you do not get any rewards (XP INF Renown and Bags).
Just a thought .

drmordread
Suspended

Post#57 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:34 am

LOVE IT .... except, if you can, have the lockout start when you get flagged for RvR. A lot of us are in guilds in both realms, and may be needed for a dungeon run, or some other guild related event/appointment.

If not ...

Can you go to the system used on live where you had a 5 min timer? If you are on for less than 5 minutes, no lockout. More than 5 minutes and you have lock out.
Morrdread Ladydread Kickyerbutt Tamorrah Whisperrss SutSut Amniell
Lolyou Tahw Fortuna Sarissa Yiorrrgos
(and eight more to keep you guessing)

toffikx

Post#58 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:41 am

blakokami wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:30 am I'm assuming this change is to primarily tackle the problem of people x-realming to the defender side when a fort occurs. If this is the case you are implementing a system that not only doesn't address the many problems that forts have but also punishes people who actively play both realms. It punishes you for just wanting to check your mail, check the AH, xp grind, mat/frag farm, craft, do dungeons, and do sc's. Even from my 6 man point of view this will create problems for the 6v6 league as many teams play both sides and like to swap sides while practicing vs each other.

Even if you decide to make the lock out trigger when you enter an RvR lake that still won't fix the problems that forts have - which is their design with small rooms and small doorways which is an even bigger problem now because of taking away the population cap AND with the aoe changes that happened recently.

I agree with Zumos also that the no population cap has massively contributed to people favoring the defender side because defenders almost always win now. Defenders usually had the advantage even with the 80% cap and the lower numbers.

I'll try to think of a better solution because I understand that with cities coming out at some point that forts having no population cap makes sense but something big needs to change for the forts system. I don't think x-realming is the main problem.

Also, is it really necessary to have this system tied to IP? Some people share the same IP. I know plenty of people that play together or against each other in the same house.
A post that actually made sense.

Ads
Lithenir

Post#59 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:41 am

blakokami wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:30 am
At least someone came up with the real problem. What happens if my gf and I - who 99% of the time play order - decide that one of us wants to test something so the other has to log on a destro char? Will both get the timer?

Lithenir

Post#60 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:43 am

drmordread wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:34 am LOVE IT .... except, if you can, have the lockout start when you get flagged for RvR. A lot of us are in guilds in both realms, and may be needed for a dungeon run, or some other guild related event/appointment.

If not ...

Can you go to the system used on live where you had a 5 min timer? If you are on for less than 5 minutes, no lockout. More than 5 minutes and you have lock out.
So you do all the dungeons you might be called for in less then 90 minutes? I don't really see a problem in this