Information from official: Public Quests

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
User avatar
Lheana
Head Database Developer
Posts: 288

Information from official: Public Quests

Post#1 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:20 pm

The goal of this topic is to gather files/notes/information about how Public Quests worked on official.

For PQs, we are mainly missing information for Order PQs, but every screenshot/video/file from official can be useful. You can also post notes you may have taken back then, or memories (as precise as possible).
Any file taken on official while completing a PQ, walking inside a PQ or related to PQ can be posted.

Here is an example of a screenshot from official that's useful for PQs:
Spoiler:
Image
Head DB Developer & Management of RoR Wiki

Anaehll : Shaman 40 RR 76 - Of Sorrow and Death
Anaehl : Sorceress 40 RR 49 - Of Sorrow and Death
Minianaehll : Shaman 31 RR 29 - Of Sorrow and Death
Lheanaa : Archmage 40 RR 43 - Unsung Heroes

Ads
User avatar
tiarna
Posts: 18

Re: Information from official: Public Quests

Post#2 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:30 pm

old order pq screen, with some reward.

https://ibb.co/album/erOcFa


User avatar
GrimGoblin
Posts: 2

Re: Information from official: Public Quests

Post#4 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:27 pm

I have (physical) copies of books bought a long time ago back when Warhammer Online first came out - the 'Official Game Guide' and the 'Atlas'. Both interesting, and both probably at least partially out of date as later updates/fixes/changes to the game happened. The 'Official Game Guide' doesn't have the Slayer type or the Dark Elf tank one (whose name I forget) that was added to the game at the same time, for example.

Nevertheless, the OGG contains information about abilities, public quests, and that kind of stuff (at they were at the beginning of the game at least), and the Atlas has all sorts of maps as you might imagine, including the locations of public quests.

I'm guessing you guys already have access to copies of these though.

User avatar
zachary
Posts: 28

Re: Information from official: Public Quests

Post#5 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:51 pm

Not info, but kind of meta: If there's a list of specific PQ info that's needed, perhaps making them into issues in the issue tracker with a particular tag is warranted? Then the community would have specific places to put info about particular questions and avoid duplicate effort.
Xand*r*nius is still trying to Learn To Play

User avatar
Lheana
Head Database Developer
Posts: 288

Re: Information from official: Public Quests

Post#6 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:13 pm

zachary wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:51 pm
Not info, but kind of meta: If there's a list of specific PQ info that's needed, perhaps making them into issues in the issue tracker with a particular tag is warranted? Then the community would have specific places to put info about particular questions and avoid duplicate effort.
Tbh there would be too many things, and it would be too complicated to make a list. That's the reason why I prefer the community to give the info they have from official, then we will see what we can do with all these info.

To give you only few examples:
- PQ Rotten Embrace (High Elf, Avelorn): Do you remember what were the objectives of the second and third stages? Do you remember what kind of NPC spawned, how many, and what their name was?
- PQ Ritual of Beasts (High Elf, Isle of the Dead): Do you remember how this PQ worked? Do you remember what NPCs spawned during second and third stages, and their name?
Head DB Developer & Management of RoR Wiki

Anaehll : Shaman 40 RR 76 - Of Sorrow and Death
Anaehl : Sorceress 40 RR 49 - Of Sorrow and Death
Minianaehll : Shaman 31 RR 29 - Of Sorrow and Death
Lheanaa : Archmage 40 RR 43 - Unsung Heroes

Borglog
Posts: 11

Re: Information from official: Public Quests

Post#7 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:29 am

I have all screenshots info of every pq all videos every thing npc in the pq all stages ect

User avatar
Lheana
Head Database Developer
Posts: 288

Re: Information from official: Public Quests

Post#8 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:11 pm

GrimGoblin wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:27 pm
I have (physical) copies of books bought a long time ago back when Warhammer Online first came out - the 'Official Game Guide' and the 'Atlas'. Both interesting, and both probably at least partially out of date as later updates/fixes/changes to the game happened. The 'Official Game Guide' doesn't have the Slayer type or the Dark Elf tank one (whose name I forget) that was added to the game at the same time, for example.

Nevertheless, the OGG contains information about abilities, public quests, and that kind of stuff (at they were at the beginning of the game at least), and the Atlas has all sorts of maps as you might imagine, including the locations of public quests.

I'm guessing you guys already have access to copies of these though.
Indeed we already have these guides ;)
Head DB Developer & Management of RoR Wiki

Anaehll : Shaman 40 RR 76 - Of Sorrow and Death
Anaehl : Sorceress 40 RR 49 - Of Sorrow and Death
Minianaehll : Shaman 31 RR 29 - Of Sorrow and Death
Lheanaa : Archmage 40 RR 43 - Unsung Heroes

Ads
User avatar
Lheana
Head Database Developer
Posts: 288

Re: Information from official: Public Quests

Post#9 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:13 pm

Borglog wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:29 am
I have all screenshots info of every pq all videos every thing npc in the pq all stages ect
Good, then share it?
Head DB Developer & Management of RoR Wiki

Anaehll : Shaman 40 RR 76 - Of Sorrow and Death
Anaehl : Sorceress 40 RR 49 - Of Sorrow and Death
Minianaehll : Shaman 31 RR 29 - Of Sorrow and Death
Lheanaa : Archmage 40 RR 43 - Unsung Heroes

Borglog
Posts: 11

Re: Information from official: Public Quests

Post#10 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:44 am

well I would of done but I remember when I asked for something and I got a load of bullshit so here is my answer now same answer that I got This isn't something we share.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests