Recent Topics

Ads

Query: Immovable / Unstoppable

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Luth

Re: Query: Immovable / Unstoppable

Post#31 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:26 pm

As far as i remember all mDPS KDs were altered to 2 sec. and all tanks had a 3 sec. KD. Exceptions where BG and WL*, because mythic said they don't alter the knockdowns that are linked to class mechanics.

*Not sure on WL tbh, but no one used it anyways... :) .

Ads
Sulorie

Post#32 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:48 pm

Hmm, the KD duration was 2sec at release.
I remember that I complained about buffing their KD duration with the latest CC patch and the generalized timers back then. There were even forum discussions on the old Bioware board.

Strange...
Dying is no option.

Tesq

Post#33 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:17 am

nerfed? melee KD it was always 2second, it was boost for no reason to 3 sec so = to tank KD on 1.4.x patch, i never heard it was fixed, if they done they made it right

About root i was sure it was 60 sec .----> 20 second more that tank root CD (40 sec) so that tank cannot spam root, but that's the tank root (10 sec root) maybe other root had other immunities,
IF the rule of 1/10 should be correct that would make sense cos 2sec KD would be 20 seconds, but for 10 second root it's impossible being 30 sec immunity . 30 immunity mean tank would be able to spam root and all ppl on official wasnt. I Still support my 60 second immunity.

(btw luth ARE YOU CRAZY you wanna give us 9 sec stag with 6 sec immunities W_W i love you <3)

im my view the nerf of stag was right, 9 sec to basicaly root+ silence + disarm is just ...well .....wonderfull, that made kobs/chosen mandatory in at least x2 in any wb, you could just stag all healer and kill all dps, this made stag something too op if it last more than 4 sec and is spammable every 20 sec

I'd like to have

chosen/kobs stag 4 sec
dok/wp moral stag 5 sec
engi/magus stag 6 sec

the difficulty in stag should be reward with a long duration, also dok/wp stag need to get lowered cos they nerf chosen/kobs stag and they forgot to fix that stag that is juts better
Becauses being a moral mean it's just a undefeatable Aoe stag.
Also on official all stag could got parried, this was a game choice, but it was because they were before originaly 9 sec stag, i realy appreciate if that could be change to disrupt (obviusly it can be blocked as well) , that way chosen>/kobs stag would truly be used as an aoe interrupt, and it would make more sense as the skill always work like a magic attack.
WP/dok stag would be used as front line interrupt/escape trick ( 5 second are enough), and engi magus stag would become thx to disrupt a better stag for front lines, helping kite, giving something other than aoe snare.
(but this is just something i'd like)

Sulorie wrote:
noisestorm wrote:Imo the Tank AoE stagger should still be 9 Seconds. And thats coming from me who probably never will play a Chosen or Kotbs in groups :o

And sulorie, you just showed the standardised cc-durations, but are my immunity timers all valid?
I would anyways like to see them like i posted though kek

Don't you think that an AoE CC skill should be weaker than single target CC?

The immunity timers for stagger and all movement CC are 30 sec.

Just watched a video where 3sec KD gave 40sec immunity, while 4sec gave 50sec immunity. Class was BG.
Funny note, 5sec KD gives 50sec as well. BG might be special.
9sec root gives 30sec immunity.
https://youtu.be/1w2vlcSEsUQ

Having no time to look for more videos but we should do more research on the topic.

The immunity values of Tesq are mostly incorrect. :)

Timer's aren't the only things i wrote, look at sequence for immunity priority, maybe you wanna tell there are 2 errors/ thing to discuss ( root/KD) more than all i wrote are inccorrect..

Sulorie

Post#34 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:40 am

Tesq wrote: Timer's aren't the only things i wrote, look at sequence for immunity priority, maybe you wanna tell there are 2 errors/ thing to discuss ( root/KD) more than all i wrote are inccorrect..
I have my doubts about this sequence, might be just a visual thing.

There are 2 types of CC and immunity timers. They never made separations between hard and soft CC.
You can have one of both at every give time.

I think we already know what CC belongs to which group. We have different info about the immunity timers and should spent time on Youtube to get some evidence.
Dying is no option.

Luth

Post#35 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:43 am

Tesq wrote:nerfed? melee KD it was always 2second, it was boost for no reason to 3 sec so = to tank KD on 1.4.x patch, i never heard it was fixed, if they done they made it right
As i wrote, it's just in my memory that in the latest version the mDPS KD was altered from 3 to 2 sec. and the tank KD was 3 sec., but maybe i'm totally wrong. Maybe we even don't have to discuss this, as this information is probably in the packets that have been traced from the original server.
Tesq wrote:
(btw luth ARE YOU CRAZY you wanna give us 9 sec stag with 6 sec immunities W_W i love you <3)
No. I never wrote something about special immunities for staggers, just about the duration of the stagger abilities.
Luth wrote:
noisestorm wrote:I anyways hope that our Stagger here will have the full 9 seconds though !
I would rather see 5-6 sec on aoe staggers and all single target staggers raised to 9 sec. So the aoe staggers become worthwhile to skill for, but are not so overpowered.

Tesq

Post#36 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:41 pm

Sulorie wrote:
Tesq wrote: Timer's aren't the only things i wrote, look at sequence for immunity priority, maybe you wanna tell there are 2 errors/ thing to discuss ( root/KD) more than all i wrote are inccorrect..
I have my doubts about this sequence, might be just a visual thing.

There are 2 types of CC and immunity timers. They never made separations between hard and soft CC.
You can have one of both at every give time.

I think we already know what CC belongs to which group. We have different info about the immunity timers and should spent time on Youtube to get some evidence.
as you said you can have both that's way there are 2 bracket of cc cos being KD dont prevent you to being pulled, that's the difference from cc to soft cc , the only things that give immunity to all it's root.
About sequence root is above all, stagged ppl and be both kd and Kb so thay are different braket, stag prevent silence and disarm so they are the same bracked and stag is over both, you cana rgument on pull as i never play a pull class so i dont know well if ppl coudl be pulled after being stagged but i alredy told that in the orignal post i linked togheter with pull immunity, if that's a mara or a wl aroudn they should remember it better than me.
But for what i know you could not be stag after being pulled so that's make pull on the same or above level than stag and on the same chain.

For luth...yea just a statement, as sulorie told it was even a big discussion on ea forum when they make out of nowhere mdps KD to 3 sec. Cos wh were most of times able to 3sec kill any cloth healer under rr 100 etc

Sulorie

Post#37 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:07 pm

Hard cc, soft cc, sequences ... let's drop it. Maybe you mean the right thing but the terminology is wrong or inaccurate.
There are disable and movement cc. Getting hit by the first makes you unable to use skills, while you can move. The other one makes you immobile, while you are able to use skills.
You can have one of both, the order is not important and all cc in one group have the same importance. There is no order or sequence.
Stagger, disarm, silence, knockdown are one group, the disable type of cc.
Root, knockback, selfknockback and pull have the movement cc type.
Those are the 2 classes of cc, there is nothing else to discuss.

Stagger is the old stun effect and has a special role, because, while being a disarm cc, it stops movement.

That said, talk about immunity timers and not the general type of cc, I don't want to write it again. ;-)
Dying is no option.

noisestorm

Post#38 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:33 pm

Sulorie wrote: Stagger is the old stun effect and has a special role, because, while being a disarm cc, it stops movement.
Well Knockdown actually also hinders your movement as well as blocks all skill :p

And i just repeat it: In pretty much every Video where we already had RR100 i saw the same immunites => 1sec = 10 sec of immunity for all non-root,non-stagger and non-kick abilities.

Maybe we should get a Poll about Immunities (which one the majority wants)
like:
  • a)
    10sec immu/1sec of CC for Disarm,Silence and Knockdown - meaning a 4 second Knockdown gives 40 seconds of immu
    and a static 30 seconds of immunity against all Roots,Kicks,Staggers and Pulls
or
  • b)
    10sec immu/1sec of CC for Disarm,Silence and Knockdown - meaning a 4 second Knockdown gives 40 seconds of immu
    and a static 60 seconds of immunity against all Roots,Kicks,Staggers and Pulls
or
  • c)
    static 20 or 30 sec for Disarm,Silence and Knockdown
    and a static 60 seconds of immunity against all Roots,Kicks,Staggers and Pulls
something like that.. imo a) would still be the best.

In addition (just repeating myself here, what i think would be best): BG/IB KD should be 4 sec, single target KDs 3 sec, AoE KDs (like on your knees) 2 sec. All staggers a fix value of 9 seconds. Silences+Disarms 3 seconds. Roots 10 seconds.

Ads
Bozzax

Post#39 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:06 pm

I'd like it as it was thanks (CC 1.4.8). Game was in better shape after the CC balancing patch.
Last edited by Bozzax on Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

noisestorm

Post#40 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:09 pm

Bozzax wrote:I'd like it as it was thanks
that is how it was pretty much at 'earlier' stages