Recent Topics

Ads

Query: Immovable / Unstoppable

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Sulorie

Re: Query: Immovable / Unstoppable

Post#41 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:11 pm

Well, it looks inconsequent with kd but it is as it is. It was Mythic. :)

We should stick to the original values of cc duration and their immunity timers. Classes had their special cc skills with different duration to stand out. For example 5sec silence for AM/Sham. Giving everyone the same duration feels wrong.
Dying is no option.

Ads
Bozzax

Post#42 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:13 pm

The only things I think they missed was giving WH / WE increased KD and possibly morale snares being a bit over the top
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

noisestorm

Post#43 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:45 pm

Yeah what i meant was the immunity timers, the CC durations i proposed were just in thought about melee classes and not the special ones AM has, or the KD from BW :D

Tesq

Post#44 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:37 pm

Sulorie wrote:Hard cc, soft cc, sequences ... let's drop it. Maybe you mean the right thing but the terminology is wrong or inaccurate.
There are disable and movement cc. Getting hit by the first makes you unable to use skills, while you can move. The other one makes you immobile, while you are able to use skills.
You can have one of both, the order is not important and all cc in one group have the same importance. There is no order or sequence.
Stagger, disarm, silence, knockdown are one group, the disable type of cc.
Root, knockback, selfknockback and pull have the movement cc type.
Those are the 2 classes of cc, there is nothing else to discuss.

Stagger is the old stun effect and has a special role, because, while being a disarm cc, it stops movement.

That said, talk about immunity timers and not the general type of cc, I don't want to write it again. ;-)
my terminology could be wrong and im sorry for that ( eng is not my main language) but still i'll re-try to explain it better, i spoke of 2 sequences as if you use for exemple KD you can no longer stag, if you look at aza main post he ask:

immunity and unstopable timers, both are some kind of "immunities" for 2 different type of cc

What i wrote and it's correct ----> for exemple: root--> stag ..... ppl root cannot be stag as the "unstoppable " buff prevent all action equal or less than root, if root is at the start of the "chain", "sequence", "priority" call it like you want you CANNOT BE stag , kd, root etc , and this is not what i think it's in this way, it always work in this way . BUT viceversa if you are stagged you can be ROOT now this mean there is a sequence which "immunites" work on

any tank know that you can stag and then KD/KB or stag and then root
any tank know that he should neve use root or if use it only as last cc becouse if he root HE CANNOT USE OTHER CC
anyone know you can pull and then KD and viceversa becouse these cc are different on the type of immunities.
Any know that you cannot stag and then silence. but YOU CAN SILENCE AND THEN STAG this mean that :

stag ---> silence

etc
etc
etc

And is not just "it's in this way" there is meaning behind ... or are you think that being stag then being silence and then KD( and any othe rop combination ti can be used) because all have different "immunities" , is the way game work before? or i misunderstood something?
If you are telling us this you are the one mistaking

Sulorie

Post#45 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:03 pm

Tesq wrote: my terminology could be wrong and im sorry for that ( eng is not my main language) but still i'll re-try to explain it better, i spoke of 2 sequences as if you use for exemple KD you can no longer stag, if you look at aza main post he ask:

immunity and unstopable timers, both are some kind of "immunities" for 2 different type of cc

What i wrote and it's correct ----> for exemple: root--> stag ..... ppl root cannot be stag as the "unstoppable " buff prevent all action equal or less than root, if root is at the start of the "chain", "sequence", "priority" call it like you want you CANNOT BE stag , kd, root etc , and this is not what i think it's in this way, it always work in this way . BUT viceversa if you are stagged you can be ROOT now this mean there is a sequence which "immunites" work on

any tank know that you can stag and then KD/KB or stag and then root
any tank know that he should neve use root or if use it only as last cc becouse if he root HE CANNOT USE OTHER CC
anyone know you can pull and then KD and viceversa becouse these cc are different on the type of immunities.
Any know that you cannot stag and then silence. but YOU CAN SILENCE AND THEN STAG this mean that :

stag ---> silence

etc
etc
etc

And is not just "it's in this way" there is meaning behind ... or are you think that being stag then being silence and then KD( and any othe rop combination ti can be used) because all have different "immunities" , is the way game work before? or i misunderstood something?
If you are telling us this you are the one mistaking

You CAN'T silence and then stagger, because "unstoppable"-immunity is up after using silence.

You can stagger and knockback or pull or root. I any order you like, because stagger has a different type.
You can selfpunt as WH but it gives immunity to knockdown, disarm and silence, because the selfpunt itself staggers the target.
You can pull a target and knockdown it, when it lands. You can't root it or kick.
A RP can stagger a target and then kick it, because different types. But you can't stagger and silence the target.

For every successful CC your target gets the immunity types mentioned before. Every other CC of the same type will fail. There are no sequences, the only question is, is the target immune to that type or not.

Stagger, knockdown and silence have all the same type, I can't imagine the reason for your last paragraph.
You can use one of them, then you are immune to the others.

This is how it works. :)
Dying is no option.

noisestorm

Post#46 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:48 pm

Sulorie wrote:

You CAN'T silence and then stagger, because "unstoppable"-immunity is up after using silence.

You can stagger and knockback or pull or root. I any order you like, because stagger has a different type.
You can selfpunt as WH but it gives immunity to knockdown, disarm and silence, because the selfpunt itself staggers the target.
You can pull a target and knockdown it, when it lands. You can't root it or kick.
A RP can stagger a target and then kick it, because different types. But you can't stagger and silence the target.

For every successful CC your target gets the immunity types mentioned before. Every other CC of the same type will fail. There are no sequences, the only question is, is the target immune to that type or not.

Stagger, knockdown and silence have all the same type, I can't imagine the reason for your last paragraph.
You can use one of them, then you are immune to the others.

This is how it works. :)
O_O Im wondering how its even possible that old War players do not know that?
And shouldnt that actually be obvious from the tons of posts already here? :D

Tesq

Post#47 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:04 pm

we are talk about the same things but you seems to not understand, i agree with you there are 2 type off cc but what i disagree it's the difference in quality of cc, there is a difference in quality of cc,

i know well too that you can pull then KB /kD in any order but

you fail to understand that KD and KB are the same type of cc but you can:

KD and then KB
but you cant KB and then kD

sooo what doeas it mean? ....... KB--->KD

i alredy told what i have, dev would move accord to what they think.

Sulorie

Post#48 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:18 pm

Tesq wrote:we are talk about the same things but you seems to not understand, i agree with you there are 2 type off cc but what i disagree it's the difference in quality of cc, there is a difference in quality of cc,

i know well too that you can pull then KB /kD in any order but

you fail to understand that KD and KB are the same type of cc but you can:

KD and then KB
but you cant KB and then kD

sooo what doeas it mean? ....... KB--->KD

i alredy told what i have, dev would move accord to what they think.
KB and KD are not the same! They have different immunity timers. And you can't KB after a pull.
Dying is no option.

Ads
noisestorm

Post#49 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:31 pm

Tesq you really seem to fail to understand how the immunities are categorised :D
So i will write it in full words for you:
Immunity A) KnockDOWN (which equlas a STUN) , Silence, Disarm and Stagger .
Type B) KnockBACK (Kick), Pull and Root .

Type A) Simply hinders all dofferent forms of Abilities , while type B just displaces or holds you in some form

Tklees

Post#50 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:42 pm

noisestorm wrote:Tesq you really seem to fail to understand how the immunities are categorised :D
So i will write it in full words for you:
Immunity A) KnockDOWN (which equlas a STUN) , Silence, Disarm and Stagger .
Type B) KnockBACK (Kick), Pull and Root .

Type A) Simply hinders all dofferent forms of Abilities , while type B just displaces or holds you in some form
completely right, I can also verify that the immunity given from WH/WE self punt was not right as it only lasted 9 seconds, could punt away, stealth and come right back in with opener and KD, KD and Stagger (which is what the punt did) share an immunity timer. In the old game a tank could stagger a big group run in and pick one to punt out to group just another example of why stagger, even aoe, is on the hard CC line. I can also verify that the KD times were increased from 2s to 3s for all single target MDPS/RDPS KDs. Only exceptions to this were the mara aoe KD, 2s, the IB cave in, 4 secs, and the BG KD, 5 sec full hate. The other thing that has gone unmentioned is Engi and Magus rift, aoe pull, is considered root/ punt immunity.

Hope this helps

TK
Tklees Chatoullier
Gagirbinn