Recent Topics

Ads

WAR 3D Models & Animation

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
TenderBucket

WAR 3D Models & Animation

Post#1 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:05 pm

Hi guys, I wanted to know where I an find the war 3D Models & Animations as I would like to develop my own warhammer fan based game in DX9 with the various assets ...

My idea is very rough, but I thought that I could get some guys from the FAN ART & Lore section of the website to help me write the story and do the 2D artwork.

I am also keen to provide credit to RoR for the Assistance.

The idea behind the game would be a community based Action RPG...Maybe with some simple Arena Style multiplayer.

Thoughts?

Ads
Acidic

Re: WAR 3D Models & Animation

Post#2 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:10 pm

Would love to get models from the game.
If any of the brighter people on the server know if it's possible to get 3D printable format from game objects I would be super happy.

NSKaneda

Post#3 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:48 pm

Acidic wrote:If any of the brighter people on the server know if it's possible to get 3D printable format from game objects I would be super happy.
+1 for 3D models of characters, I want my Slayer on my desk! ^_^
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#4 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:43 pm

Using assets from WAR to make another game is a classic blunder. Just because we haven't been handed a C&D, doesn't mean GW or EA will tolerate you stealing their assets for your own stuff. 3D printing for personal use however, well I can't imagine how they would find out, aside from talking about/making it public it on the internet...
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Collateral

Post#5 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:01 pm

I don't think taking models and doing stuff with them is a problem. Take a look at all the mods out there. Many of them use assets from different games, and they are still there. If however you want to sell that game (which I don't think the op wants), you will get into trouble.

For viewing meshes, there is a program called Machinima Studio. If you buy it, you can also extract them afaik. But after that, I'm not sure how you could view them and change them. Maybe you could open them in Maya, Zbrush, Blender etc., but as I said I really don't know.

Tbh, if you know programing, scripting, modeling and so on, you should know all this stuff already. If not, well there's a lot you have to learn :P

szejoza

Post#6 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:53 pm

Collateral wrote: For viewing meshes, there is a program called Machinima Studio. If you buy it, you can also extract them afaik. But after that, I'm not sure how you could view them and change them. Maybe you could open them in Maya, Zbrush, Blender etc., but as I said I really don't know.
I played with that some years ago and you could export models with free version (dont know how it is now) in .obj format but except for some of the assets machinima had trouble finding texture files so I was left with bare models anyways. And with free version you had to export stuff one by one so it was time consuming. It was enough to study mesh but not enough to base anything on them
Spoiler:

TenderBucket

Post#7 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:10 pm

Hi, yes I do know how to model, program and convert models into different formats and import , export animations...I am pretty clued up when it comes to this.

ragafury

Post#8 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:03 am

imma **** pleb (in terms of modeling for video games) but there are unified filetype called: X3D and .obj .
basically if you export to those majority of atributes are lost, especially in blender the textures will give ya a headache and perhabs the skeleton which is required for the animation (not even talking materials etc), if they get exported properly, at least from a pleb pov. as a non advanced user it's possibly even easier to "redo" the model via screenshots from all axes and use drawer and sculptuing. also you can than decide how complex the model needs to be for your future animations.

perhabs some gurus know a better way. I would go here: https://discordapp.com/invite/SSJ7Q3T ; great community and really helpful if you plan to do it in blender OP. also blender is free, open source, supports a lot of formats and has a lot of features.

besides that I have also no other solution besides the mentioned: import -> export -> import -> export which as I stated, will surely cause for some "???" and "???????".

back when I worked in 3D design in my early 20s with CatiaV5, those methods (exporting to a unified format and importing in another software to get the assembly) were usually the final straw to save something. with limited success, depending on model complexity.

sidenote: I don't have much experience with X3D, perhabs it works better.
--- inactive ---
---guildless---

Ads
Collateral

Post#9 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:21 am

Well if you know how to model, redoing the models shouldn't be too difficult. As far as I saw, the meshes are very low poly, so it shouldn't be a problem to simply remake them if you can't extract them. Textures and animations I'm not sure about tho.

swinton4

Post#10 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:20 am

+1 for 3D character models!
router 192.168.0.1 IP address, json formatter online