Recent Topics

Ads

[DEVELOPER PREVIEW] Onslaught Set

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
User avatar
Haojin
Posts: 947

Re: [DEVELOPER PREVIEW] Onslaught Set

Post#31 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:07 pm

Reesh wrote:
Spoiler:
Aurandilaz wrote:
Haojin wrote:
Salt will be real with : os set + infernal gift + overlord
looked good on paper, won't work
Overlord: Helm Shoulders
Ons: Helm Shoulders Body Gloves Boots
so you miss the 4th piece bonus for better crits if using Overlord

most likely it will 4 pc Ons + 2 piece Conq (belt + boots)

that being said it's a shame how Overlord, a gear with extremely high cost, ended up in useless-trash tier for certain classes, whilst it's awesome for some other classes.
Onslaught set will be new meta for sorc/bw due to crit bonus, which is again ironic considering how it pushes Conqeuror to the backseat (with Conqueror supposedly hardest to obtain BiS gear...)
Conq proc for those classes is just medicore, that's why full set overall is well.. Just meh. Better to combine other sets together.
Full conq isnt meh for bombing, its garbage. 4 piece bonus is enough for a sorc. I prefer 4 conq 2 anni 3 bl for frontline bombing due to high wounds. Also for a bw you can skip the last tick for crit-15 rr point- it will come from dt anyways.
Guildmaster of Phalanx

Haojun / Hao / Haojin / Haojins / Ryujin / Zergling

K8P - Karak Norn

Ads
User avatar
Aurandilaz
Posts: 1814

Re: [DEVELOPER PREVIEW] Onslaught Set

Post#32 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:25 pm

Haojin wrote:
Reesh wrote:
Spoiler:
Aurandilaz wrote:
looked good on paper, won't work
Overlord: Helm Shoulders
Ons: Helm Shoulders Body Gloves Boots
so you miss the 4th piece bonus for better crits if using Overlord

most likely it will 4 pc Ons + 2 piece Conq (belt + boots)

that being said it's a shame how Overlord, a gear with extremely high cost, ended up in useless-trash tier for certain classes, whilst it's awesome for some other classes.
Onslaught set will be new meta for sorc/bw due to crit bonus, which is again ironic considering how it pushes Conqeuror to the backseat (with Conqueror supposedly hardest to obtain BiS gear...)
Conq proc for those classes is just medicore, that's why full set overall is well.. Just meh. Better to combine other sets together.
Full conq isnt meh for bombing, its garbage. 4 piece bonus is enough for a sorc. I prefer 4 conq 2 anni 3 bl for frontline bombing due to high wounds. Also for a bw you can skip the last tick for crit-15 rr point- it will come from dt anyways.
full Conq is okay for bombing, of course you can maybe "get more wounds" if you are spearheading the bomb formation, but I trust my tanks and healers enough to run out with 6.2k wounds, with full Conq, which gives nice crit, although the toughness debuff is poop-tier due to not stacking with Chosen (now why would anyone run without a Chosen is a mystery)
3 BL looks interesting, but sadly I can't experiment with it due to having a bugged quest that I could never finish to get 5th token, meaning I never got the pocket item, yay.

As for BWs, yeah, it's probably nice to play on the side where your allies can boost your crit. :)


I'll probably switch to bombing with 4 Onslaught + 2 Conq, not sure our guild has "off sorcs" to support "main sorcs" in order to experiment Overlord (it almost never procs) + Infernal Gift

KeanuDracula
Posts: 25

Re: [DEVELOPER PREVIEW] Onslaught Set

Post#33 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:00 pm

Seeing as Dark Promise and Sentinel gear appearance is being used, it will be interesting to see what you pick for the city instances / Lost Vale / etc when they inevitably get introduced back into the game :)

User avatar
nebelwerfer
Legacy RR80
Posts: 359

Re: [DEVELOPER PREVIEW] Onslaught Set

Post#34 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:48 pm

Please add the WP chestpiece that matches the helm plzz

Sulorie
Posts: 4796

Re: [DEVELOPER PREVIEW] Onslaught Set

Post#35 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:58 pm

nebelwerfer wrote:Please add the WP chestpiece that matches the helm plzz
More than anything WP shoulder pads would need a re-scale. Like several sc weapons.
Dying is no option.

User avatar
Jaycub
Posts: 3135

Re: [DEVELOPER PREVIEW] Onslaught Set

Post#36 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:23 pm

How hard are these meant to be obtained, will I be able to poopsock for 18 hours like I did when ruin came out to get the full set or will there be time gates or other obstructive methods to gaining it?

I ask because ruin was slightly worse than merc/anni at the time it came out and was meant to be a way to close the gap for players coming in especially PvE leveled ones. But onslaught seems to be quite on par with dom/conq for some classes.

I remember reading torq saying the PQ's where going to be quite hard, so I guess in that regard players wont be able to turn off their brains and AoE the PQ until the hero pops out.
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

User avatar
GodlessCrom
Suspended
Posts: 1298

Re: [DEVELOPER PREVIEW] Onslaught Set

Post#37 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:29 pm

If I had to bet, onslaught pqs will probably be about as hard as BL bosses. Ie. You need a group who knows what they're doing but otherwise not terrible. Biggest issue will be rng. Will Onslaught be like ruin: i.e. you get tokens and exchange them, unless you get gold bag which drops a set piece? Or is it gonna be gold bag only? I love the ruin system, gold bag only sounds like pointless grinding.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

User avatar
wargrimnir
Head Game Master
Posts: 6454
Contact:

Re: [DEVELOPER PREVIEW] Onslaught Set

Post#38 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:33 pm

There won't be scripting for them, but the bosses should have abilities. You'll need more than one group most likely. No currency for these.

Probably a couple weeks away, I haven't personally been working on the PQ revamp, just making the pretty things.
Image
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
User avatar
Jaycub
Posts: 3135

Re: [DEVELOPER PREVIEW] Onslaught Set

Post#39 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:40 pm

Anyone good with statistics know what the odds of getting no dupes are (6? consecutive bags with no dupes), and what the average amount of bags players need to obtain to receive all the pieces.

I'm bad at math, but interested to know.
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

User avatar
Collateral
Posts: 1494

Re: [DEVELOPER PREVIEW] Onslaught Set

Post#40 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:11 pm

Jaycub wrote:Anyone good with statistics know what the odds of getting no dupes are (6? consecutive bags with no dupes), and what the average amount of bags players need to obtain to receive all the pieces.

I'm bad at math, but interested to know.
Well, considering we start with 12 people. Your initial chance of getting a gold is 1/12, i.e. 8.3% (considering only one gold bag drops). Your first bag is 100% not dupe obviously. Then for second bag, your chances are again 8.3%, but now the chance of getting a dupe increases of course. The chance of getting a dupe in the second bag is 1/5, so 20%. When you get your second piece, the third bag will have 2/5, so 40% chance to drop a dupe. And so on, fourth bag will have 60% chance, and fifth bag will have 80% chance to drop a dupe. Now I'm no god at math so I could be wrong, but this is simple statistics so I doubt it :P Each piece you get, gets you farther from completing the set.

As for average amount of bags, if you're running with two groups, it will take a while, 8.3% chance of getting gold is not high. You need to run 12 PQs to get a gold 100% certainly, statistically. So for the full set that means 60 PQs (and that's considering you don't actually get any dupes ;)). But if you take into account dupes, I would say it comes closer to 100. No small amount at all. But most likely you won't be running with 12 people all the time, so I would say around 60-70 bags on average(?), perhaps even less. But in the first few weeks, when people really start farming it, it could be really high. When you have more than 2 parties, chances obviously drop down very fast.

All I can say, is pray to the RNG gods ;)
Image

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests