Recent Topics

Ads

[INTRODUCTION] ORvR T1 : Reboot

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Glorian

Re: [INTRODUCTION] ORvR T1 : Reboot

Post#51 » Wed May 24, 2017 3:53 pm

* urges to stop theorycrafring.

*continue non the less.

If you have 400 AAO and the enemy is holding 4 BOs. There is 1/4 of his force at one BO. So jump in, kill them 1:1. get four times RR and die heroically when the others arrive.

Ads
xanderous

Post#52 » Wed May 24, 2017 4:18 pm

Glorian wrote:* urges to stop theorycrafring.

*continue non the less.

If you have 400 AAO and the enemy is holding 4 BOs. There is 1/4 of his force at one BO. So jump in, kill them 1:1. get four times RR and die heroically when the others arrive.
While i wholeheartedly agree with this statement, only really works with organized warbands, pugs just scatter when they see the enemy then its easy pickings for the zerg.
Bashgutz RR82 Borc Vaseryn RR61 SM Krantz RR82 Knight Corvinus RR70 Chosen Mormonty RR72 IB
Starkus RR70 BG Snaptz RR83 SH Plagueis RR81 Magus Alec RR85 Engie Sourgazt RR69 Shaman
Kreaver RR80 Marauder Dugald RR75 Slayer

TenTonHammer

Post#53 » Wed May 24, 2017 5:34 pm

Yaliskah wrote:2 pairs opened : 2 zones ( dwarf/greenskins + chaos/empire for exemple)

About Waithammer, i was waiting for this argument :). So i'll ask you personnaly this.
If you and your team mates know there is an enemy on a specific place stealing YOUR PRECIOUS TICKS ( and you will know it very quickly), will you ignore him and let him live ?

If your answer is "YES" (i really doubt), i think thats not an issue, thats your will :).
So unless 100% players (then everybody would be happy and this wouldn't be an issue) want to wait under a flag doing nothing, this wouldn't happen.

You want easy renown? Hold BOs and keep them. You want fights? Move around BOs you won't have to wait long to find some. You want lock and great rewards ( later)? Work with your faction and lock the zone. Waithammer? really? :)

Now, and as said, i'm maybe completely wrong, only tests will reveal the horrible truth :).

but is anything going to be done to make people go to any other pairing besides empire vs chaos? People will continue to fight their regardless of whether the zone has locked or not as we have seen done so in the past
Last edited by TenTonHammer on Wed May 24, 2017 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bastion

Post#54 » Wed May 24, 2017 5:41 pm

How to look when new mechanic (i think)

Sounds good really :)

P.D: My paint skill is GOD xD
Bretonnia was a shield for Wood Elves, normal, they have Toughness 3 also know like paper elves.

Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#55 » Wed May 24, 2017 6:12 pm

TenTonHammer wrote:
Yaliskah wrote:2 pairs opened : 2 zones ( dwarf/greenskins + chaos/empire for exemple)

About Waithammer, i was waiting for this argument :). So i'll ask you personnaly this.
If you and your team mates know there is an enemy on a specific place stealing YOUR PRECIOUS TICKS ( and you will know it very quickly), will you ignore him and let him live ?

If your answer is "YES" (i really doubt), i think thats not an issue, thats your will :).
So unless 100% players (then everybody would be happy and this wouldn't be an issue) want to wait under a flag doing nothing, this wouldn't happen.

You want easy renown? Hold BOs and keep them. You want fights? Move around BOs you won't have to wait long to find some. You want lock and great rewards ( later)? Work with your faction and lock the zone. Waithammer? really? :)

Now, and as said, i'm maybe completely wrong, only tests will reveal the horrible truth :).

but is anything going to be done to make people go to any other pairing besides empire vs chaos? People will continue to fight their regardless of whether the zone has locked or not as we have seen done so in the past
Let say lock will mean LOCK.

Asherdoom

Post#56 » Wed May 24, 2017 7:57 pm

problem is not that problem is population. t1 is dead mostly with barely 100 ppl online at pak hours so yea kinda meh as update i appreciate effort though

saupreusse
Developer

Post#57 » Wed May 24, 2017 8:05 pm

100 ppl in small t1 rvr lakes is like 200 ppl in t4 lakes

Darosh
Banned

Post#58 » Wed May 24, 2017 11:27 pm

Spoiler:
Yaliskah wrote:
TenTonHammer wrote:

Let say lock will mean LOCK.
Please, tell me you'll turn everyone that tries to mindlessly fight on in locked zones into chickens.
I'd very much appreciate the sight of a bajillion chicken stubornly battling it out in Nordland.

Do you by chance plan to advance the entire system not only as a rework of the RvR system but maybe as a subsitution for the campaign/city fights?
Might be nothing but a wet dream of mine, but having the entire server move from tier to tier and zone to zone throughout the course of a campaign might be hilarious and could greatly help refresh the game and the community.
However, debolstering in all its glory and the leveling situation would have to be reworked entirely to faciliate that ~ so meh, won't happen, certainly.

On a serious note, how do you plan to enforce the lock properly without accidently scaring off new players?
Disclaimers or maybe even forced ports to the new zone?

Ads
washette
Former Staff

Post#59 » Thu May 25, 2017 7:33 am

Hi :)

We thought giving zero xp/rp/inf in locked zones, and as locked zones will never unlock until another pair is locked -> mindless fight should end as soon as players understand staying in empire is useless ^^

For new players I'll add a huge message middle of screen when entering locked lake, we'll see if it's enough

Darosh
Banned

Post#60 » Thu May 25, 2017 8:07 am

washette wrote:Hi :)

We thought giving zero xp/rp/inf in locked zones, and as locked zones will never unlock until another pair is locked -> mindless fight should end as soon as players understand staying in empire is useless ^^

For new players I'll add a huge message middle of screen when entering locked lake, we'll see if it's enough
The nature of T1 is best summarized with the two words marked above. Emp t1 is the most easily accesible zone, its layout does allow for permanent confrontation and therefore most 'action' afterall.

I realized prompting a spontanous port to the other zones might be rather taxing on the server end of things, if not hella confusing for new players.
But have you thought about maybe having some makeshift portal or something alike pop up in the lakes?
It might trick even the greatest sadly-not-to-be-chicken-gladiators and send them straight into the other zones by virtue of curiousity.

E: The reason I'm bugging you about this:
New players that log in after Emp t1 flipped will wander off into empty lakes and, if we are talking about completly new players, won't even know how to get to the other zones to begin with.
I had quite some trouble in past with just that, guiding new players to lairs and such is a quite awkward experience - especially if they haven't played a MMO before.
As in regards to the motivation in T1, I think a good chunk of players in T1 are twinks or soon to be twinks with little interest in actual progression, or are otherwise decked out with mains or high level chars. They might stay regardless of disabled xp/rr gain, and if thats the case they might trick completely new players into staying aswell.
So its might come down, in regards to first impressions, to either empty zones or zerged zones with disabled progression.
Considering how littered the chat, especially /ad tends to be... the disclaimer might have to be in form of a popup rather than a screen prompt, tbh.

TLDR: Please, don't neglect accessibility and first impressions.
Last edited by Darosh on Thu May 25, 2017 8:19 am, edited 2 times in total.