Recent Topics

Ads

[INTRODUCTION] ORvR T1 : Reboot

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Yaliskah
Former Staff

[INTRODUCTION] ORvR T1 : Reboot

Post#1 » Wed May 24, 2017 12:02 am

I. Introduction.

Before introducing the (not so) new T1 RvR system, i would like to thank Genisaurus and Azarael for their impressive work on this essential part of the game. This rework is an attempt to go a step beyond. Without their work, this wouldn’t have been possible.

This rework has been done under my lead and responsibility. So; if you hate it, if it is a fail, blame me, and only me. If you enjoy it, thank RoR team who trusted me and especially Washette (core dev) who has made this possible.

The ORvR T1 rework is the first step of a complete RvR revamping. The purpose is to make it easy to understand, dynamic, efficient and attractive. When finished, and only when finished, we will proceed on T2, and so on.

This post will present the T1 ORvR mechanic, and only the mechanic, in abstraction of rewarding and debolstering systems. These parts are not the actual subject and will come later.

II. (not so new) Concept.
Spoiler:
The lock condition : Control ALL Battle objective + Generate a small amount of resources (autogenerated by contrlolled BOs)
If zone lock without any fight or low fight frequency, zone will lock with reduced reward

As you can see, it is quite simple, and already known.

III. Major changes
Spoiler:
Guard and BOs lock timers are removed, capping system is based on Nordenwatch scenario ( with a small tweak).
IV. Pair lock system
Spoiler:
2 Pairs will always be opened. When a pair locks, the 3rd opens.

V. Battle Objectives, control & fights.

Spoiler:
When controlled, Battle Objectives will produce XP/RP/INF micro ticks every 6 seconds (may be refined). They will autogenerate “resources” when holded. The farest they will be from Warcamp, the higher reward and “resource” generation will be.
To take a BO, players will have to enter in the BO perimeter, and stay in it (like Nordenwatch sc). The more players are in ( max 6), the fastest the BO will be controlled (like Nordenwatch sc). If none keep a BO, it will return to a neutral state and instantly stops to generate resources.
If players are fighting around BOs, Ticks and “resource” generation are frozen. The fight part is based on a 6 players max cap.

Some exemples.
-2 defenders vs 1 offender, BO is frozen (neutral state), gauge doesn’t move.
- 4 defenders vs 4 offenders, BO is frozen (neutral state), but gauge doesn’t move.
- 2 defenders vs 3 offenders, BO is frozen(neutral state), gauge goes slowly to offender control direction.
- 6 defenders vs 25 offenders, nothing will happens cause it is considered like a 6 vs 6. So BO is frozen (neutral state), and gauge doesn’t move (preventing zerg influence), 1 defender must be killed to start moving gauge.
-15 defenders vs 25 offenders, BO frozen (neutral state), gauge doesn’t move. 9 defenders must be killed to start moving gauge.

VI. “Resources”
Spoiler:
This “resource” generation has 2 purposes. The first and especially in T1 is to temporize a bit the campaign and prevent instalocks. The second is to prepare new players to the resource concept in higher tiers.

VII. Extras
Spoiler:
Some little things will come around this mechanic to complete and finish the work. Most of them will be developed some time after deployment, and maybe one will be introduced when deployed.
- (probably deployed) Racial Influence bonus if you play in your dedicated Pair.
- (later. some handler needed) Dedicated RvR quest ( visit specific/all BO), hold (specific/all BO), lock (specific/all pair)
- (much later, big piece of cake) A brand new bag roll system on lock
- (must be discussed, and probably not usefull in T1) Controlled BO respawn point
- (must be discussed) Report of "resources"on the upper tier on lock

VIII. Known Issues
Spoiler:
According we are forcing the client to do things he doesn’t want, some visual elements may be disturbing in the beginning (gauge system), this will probably be fixed with patcher deployment (no ETA).

IX. When?
Spoiler:
Probably next Week.

Ads
Glorian

Re: [INTRODUCTION] ORvR T1 : Reboot

Post#2 » Wed May 24, 2017 12:09 am

Right in the Dongliz! :)

So my first question is:
What weapons will be in the purple bags?
And will they have a new skin? :D

HissiCNesS

Post#3 » Wed May 24, 2017 12:22 am

Sounds exciting and refreshing, can't wait to get into oRvR with my T1 alts and try it out!! Thx for all your work guys!! :D
Crondar Ravenclaw (MA) / Rennoc Fleshtearer (BG)
Adrovar Warpbender (MG) / Kurgog Gorkamork (BO)

Wigbrand Jaeger (WH) / Lorandriel Moonfang (SW)
Belenos Endovelicus (BW) / Brawlgrim Thunderaxe (SL)

AVENGE THE DEAD, FREE THE ENSLAVED!

Thelen

Post#4 » Wed May 24, 2017 12:58 am

Sounds excellent, and should be a hoot to test.
- Report of "resources"on the upper tier on lock (TBD)
Can you elaborate or explain what you mean by this?

Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#5 » Wed May 24, 2017 1:07 am

Thelen wrote:Sounds excellent, and should be a hoot to test.
First, this has to be tested, thats an idea nothing more. According the amount of resource in T1 will be limited and capped (let say a faction has to produce 100 resources, you won't produce 101), we could imagine on lock to transfer both factions resources (or a % of it) to T2 campain to give a small impulse on T2. It could involve vertically all faction work, without unbalancing the work in a specific tier.

Dabbart

Post#6 » Wed May 24, 2017 1:12 am

Interesting... It's a fresh take anyways. And I happen to love to idea of starting at T1, and moving upwards... Could be a very fun system.

How will the 2 open zones be decided?
How large will the BO area be?
Will the micro ticks affect the entire Zone, or just the people at the BO?
Seeing as you are removing the Guards, would you ever consider adding/moving BOs?
Will the resources "start fresh" upon a BO capture? IE, Order is controlling the BO and accumulating Resources, Destro wipes the Order and takes the Flag. Do they start with a 0timer, or do they inherit the accrued resources/timer?
How long after leaving a BO would it return to a neutral state?
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Thelen

Post#7 » Wed May 24, 2017 1:14 am

Yaliskah wrote:
Thelen wrote:Sounds excellent, and should be a hoot to test.
First, this has to be tested, thats an idea nothing more. According the amount of resource in T1 will be limited and capped (let say a faction has to produce 100 resources, you won't produce 101), we could imagine on lock to transfer both factions resources (or a % of it) to T2 campain to give a small impulse on T2. It could involve vertically all faction work, without unbalancing the work in a specific tier.
Ah, that sounds intriguing! Thanks for the clarification.

dansari

Post#8 » Wed May 24, 2017 1:49 am

Will be excited to see this in action! Love that it encourages fighting and defending BOs. How will supplies be transferred, if at all, in this experimental system?
<Salt Factory>

Ads
FlyingApron
Banned

Post#9 » Wed May 24, 2017 3:41 am

Sounds interesting, ready to try it out.

roadkillrobin

Post#10 » Wed May 24, 2017 4:15 am

Something that come to my mind is, if i understand this correctly, if you don't guard a BO with atleast 1 person it will return to a neutural state? This could be problematic depending on how long it takes for a BO to rerurn to neutral and be kinda helping the zerg in terms of kills, were the zergs just running around rolling BO after BO. The no BO timers kinda prevents it as they can't really sustain campain resources doing this. But they are gonna be able to frustrate players to concession by consistantly 2 Warbands rolling BO's the lesser populated realm tried to spread out to defend. So whats the BO return to neutral state time gonna be? And how long will the cap timers be?