Recent Topics

Ads

[INTRODUCTION] ORvR T1 : Reboot

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Dresden
Banned

Re: [INTRODUCTION] ORvR T1 : Reboot

Post#61 » Thu May 25, 2017 8:16 am

washette wrote:For new players I'll add a huge message middle of screen when entering locked lake, we'll see if it's enough
Signposting. :D
. -= Cult Of Chaos =- GUILD -= Cult Leader =- . -= Kagaz Wrathson - The Decioblidevannihilator - Black Orc =- .
. -= Dresden RoR Info - 4 pins and counting! =- . #WAAAGH ^_^ #AllSilenceIsGolden @_Q

Ads
washette
Former Staff

Post#62 » Thu May 25, 2017 8:35 am

I don't neglect at all, thanks a lot for your feedback and arguments :)

I did not considered twinks at all ^^. The portal seems a good idea indeed, I'll try to check that with others. About popup, without client control I don't think I can. Maybe repeating the disclaimer middle of the screen from time to time...

Darosh
Banned

Post#63 » Thu May 25, 2017 8:47 am

I didn't mean to suggest you would neglect it - my apologies.

In regards to the disclaimer, how about a quest that pops up whenever a zone flips or at the entrance of the Emp WC?
It'd be something that catches the players attention and gives enough time to read, and you'd have opportunity to give a little rundown in regards to the how-to and such.

E: And additionally utilize questmarkers and such to guide the way a little, if thats possible without client control.
I guess most quest have been derived via packet decoding and such and just reworked?

Oh, one thing that the disclaimer should contain: the (exact) zone to fly to. Ending up in the wrong zone, trying to walk all the way to the lakes through impassable terrain might be a really bad experience.
Last edited by Darosh on Thu May 25, 2017 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

nibbles

Post#64 » Thu May 25, 2017 9:14 am

Cannot wait to get involved with this new mechanic!
The timers have never been liked by many and this could be what resolves them.
As for indicating the open pairings, the flags at wc/lake entrance' can be controlled (as they were on live when zone was locked etc.), additionally spawn flag to indicate which zone is open / locked by look alone is enough.
As for the no rr reward for pk in locked pairings, can this be put back in as fighting continues just after locks; was a good part to add the extra 'let’s get stuck into them out back of mandreds' mentality and seems like now we just shrug off to sit in wc waiting for next zone. war is everywhere they promised us ;)
Good job to all involved in getting this up and working

Bastion

Post#65 » Thu May 25, 2017 9:22 am

washette wrote:Hi :)

We thought giving zero xp/rp/inf in locked zones, and as locked zones will never unlock until another pair is locked -> mindless fight should end as soon as players understand staying in empire is useless ^^

For new players I'll add a huge message middle of screen when entering locked lake, we'll see if it's enough
This please, yeah, "force" to fly to other t1 zones :)
Bretonnia was a shield for Wood Elves, normal, they have Toughness 3 also know like paper elves.

Dresden
Banned

Post#66 » Thu May 25, 2017 12:26 pm

washette wrote:Maybe repeating the disclaimer middle of the screen from time to time...
Dresden wrote:What i remember about T1 RvR from live (in my newb phase) was how influential the rally call thingy was in getting me to go out to the other two RvR lakes.
Called it.

The AoR rally call thingy is the obvious solution, we can but hope.
. -= Cult Of Chaos =- GUILD -= Cult Leader =- . -= Kagaz Wrathson - The Decioblidevannihilator - Black Orc =- .
. -= Dresden RoR Info - 4 pins and counting! =- . #WAAAGH ^_^ #AllSilenceIsGolden @_Q

Grolar

Post#67 » Thu May 25, 2017 5:47 pm

Its great you're looking at the scenario flag capping as an approach to BO's in RvR as well as teach new players about supplies. I'm also glad you're opening two pairs ( zones ) again to unlock the third. This will hopefully help with some of what I'm thinking below ( I hope ) as well as alleviate lag in higher tier zones.

Moving forward after this implementation I hope you will make keeps more important in the higher tiers.

The BIG fight should always be happening at a keep, not running all over creation squabbling over tiny objectives. While the 6 man groups are running around fighting for BO's the large scale siege should still be under way at the keep. Whether its holding BO's to allow the keep attackers to do more damage to the doors or helping defender repair the doors faster, the primary fight should always be at the keep. EXAMPLE: While BO's are held, supplies could generate inside the keep so defenders can repair the door for a very small % just enough to hold the keep attackers off but only if BO's are held, if the BO's aren't held of course no supplies will generate. EXTRA supplies could still appear at the BO's for a set % of contribution, but maybe for larger amounts of repair to the door like they currently are. The same for attackers, the more BO's held by attackers the more damage the ram does

If BO's continue to be the main focus rather than the keep you push the zone fight towards endlessness rather than completion. 4-6 hours of fighting is fun, but 7-16 starts getting tedious. Specially in the higher tiers where the zones are huge. It takes away from the point of this game which is ultimately locking the zone so you can move on to the next one and so on until we reach the city siege. The balance of fun for this is the time in which it takes to do so. Too short and too long are both not fun.

Anyway. I can't wait to see and test the new changes. Thanks team. :D
Last edited by Grolar on Fri May 26, 2017 4:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
THUMP - "MEDIOCRE!!" ...Who's laughing now?

roadkillrobin

Post#68 » Fri May 26, 2017 4:11 am

Would it be possible to try the new RvR without mounted runspeedbonus aswell? I think, without timers to catch there arn't really a need for the mounted runspeed bonus wich imo are causing alot of combat inballances. It basicly give an entire warband charge if the other warband is dissmounted aswell makes it impossible to catch someone that just runs away from fights, wich could been countred by melee classes using charge but due to charge being the same or just marginally faster and for a extremly short time its doesn't really work. Imo there is a mentallity to kite instead of fight, wich leads to MUCH less good fights in the lakes, I mean we often find that people of equal numbers and sometimes even more numbers often rather run then fight. Its especially bad for classes like Engies and Maguses that need to set up properly to gain their mechanics working. The larger maps in t4 could have teleport points like the Skaven tunnel in BV or BFP if nescesary.

Ads
OldPlayer
Former Staff

Post#69 » Fri May 26, 2017 5:23 am

Looking forward to test the new ideas!
magicthighs wrote:Finding bugs is what players are for. The RoR team itself doesn't have the people nor the time to do that.

navis

Post#70 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:06 pm

thank you again, this T1 reboot has got me really excited and I like the direction it's taking!

I like the idea of extra "handlers" for more specific Objective tasks, such as kill at X Objective.

New elements like teleport orbs are nice to have and to return to Warcamp as well.

A bit too hard to lock it seems, however it raises the issue that players aren't really playing in the different zones as if they were equal. Don't worry - keep at it, it will be worth it in the end. RvR in T1 Elf and Dward is amazing but players are still adapting to new rules.

I suggest give the T1 event a extra month or two, or at least until these dev's have time for round two of T1 shake-up.

OH, another thought came to mind when we were trying to lock down a zone - what if after you hold the 4 bo's (all 4 held) then a Kill system begins (first to 500)?

cheers yall