Recent Topics

Ads

[INTRODUCTION] ORvR T1 : Reboot

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Dabbart

Re: [INTRODUCTION] ORvR T1 : Reboot

Post#11 » Wed May 24, 2017 4:33 am

Let the zerg roll. If they ignore all but 1 BO at a time, they lose. You are assuming the resources timer is longer than it takes to travel to every single BO.

We'll see how it works. Also, this is T1. 96.4% of them are solo Queueing, so don't want to join a WB anyways...
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Ads
roadkillrobin

Post#12 » Wed May 24, 2017 5:05 am

You don't need to be in a warband to be part of the zerg. And no I wasn't asuming anything about the timers. I even asked about how long they would be. And Im not conserned about the Zerg winning the campain with zerging BO's either. I stated that. What Im concerned about is if the zerg ignores the mechanic and just farm kills. Its how you get gear in this game. A flagged BO would be a zerg magnet coz it tells people ln close proximity, there are medallions to br farmed on on the flag. And just like 6 man spawncamps soloers in warcamps how long is it gonna take before those being rolled log out out of frustration of dying over and over? One way to deal with this would be to removing medallion from kill drops and give out medalins to the winning realm and a small amount to the defenders upon locking instead.
Last edited by roadkillrobin on Wed May 24, 2017 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

flintboth

Post#13 » Wed May 24, 2017 5:18 am

Some fresh things.
Really hope that will give to the T1 Elves and Greenskin/Dwarves a real atractiveness and a good dimension to all the T1 RvR to see some players back to play on RoR.
monkey 079 (test failure - escaped)

Dabbart

Post#14 » Wed May 24, 2017 5:19 am

that's why there are 4 BOs though... Cap one, leave a WH, then move on to the next. 3 solo players can keep a zerg that refuses to split running around all night. And with the Micro ticks, it'd probably be worth it.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

spikespiegel84

Post#15 » Wed May 24, 2017 5:42 am

roadkillrobin wrote:One way to deal with this would be to removing medallion from kill drops and give out medalins to the winning realm and a small amount to the defenders upon locking instead.
And this would definitely not bring one side zerging, alternatively Destro and Order, and eventually kill the game.

roadkillrobin

Post#16 » Wed May 24, 2017 6:01 am

spikespiegel84 wrote:
roadkillrobin wrote:One way to deal with this would be to removing medallion from kill drops and give out medalins to the winning realm and a small amount to the defenders upon locking instead.
And this would definitely not bring one side zerging, alternatively Destro and Order, and eventually kill the game.
No it wouldn't coz this mechanic that is pressented, completly shuts down the efficiancy of zerging in terms of campain progression. It will boil down to who is more cordinated as a realm rather then raw power. But with the lack of rewards for actually flipping the zone compared to farming kills for medalions, I can see zerg getting benefits from this mechanic aswell. Remove the medalion drops. Add medalions to people that contributed on flips (+ the RNG bag) instead and it solves the issue.

spikespiegel84

Post#17 » Wed May 24, 2017 6:10 am

If you appeal to coordination, splitting forces on BOs with no timer is what you need. And this cracks the zerg. In a zerg you don't farm kills. You possibly follow a not so remunerative source of random drops and cheap renown. People don't even dismount. In a small group you farm loads fo kills. Loads. Specially when you wipe a bigger, bad organised and lousy warband.
Think this will bring a bit more brain and guerrilla in the game, which I actually favour compared to keep hugging and endless, pointless, boring farm sessions at keeps.

Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#18 » Wed May 24, 2017 6:25 am

Dabbart wrote:How will the 2 open zones be decided?
Randomly to begin. Then it will be logic :). 1 close, 2 opened. When one locked, the closed open, and so on.
Dabbart wrote:How large will the BO area be?
Too small to kite inside.
Dabbart wrote:Will the micro ticks affect the entire Zone, or just the people at the BO?
In the BO Area only.
Dabbart wrote:Seeing as you are removing the Guards, would you ever consider adding/moving BOs?
Actually thats impossible without controling game client. With patcher, we could add, move, remove, insert new elements... ...and this will be helpfull in the futur.
Dabbart wrote:Will the resources "start fresh" upon a BO capture? IE, Order is controlling the BO and accumulating Resources, Destro wipes the Order and takes the Flag. Do they start with a 0timer, or do they inherit the accrued resources/timer?
How long after leaving a BO would it return to a neutral state?
Good question. According it must work like Nordenwatch BO's control gauge, to start generating resource/microticks, you must have 100% completed the gauge charge and the perimeter must be clear . When a faction reverse gauge control, it will start where opponent has let it. So there is always a timer. If you are alone in the perimeter and leave it 1 sec, it becomes neutral you will wait 1 sec to control it again (this is the idea).
roadkillrobin wrote:Something that come to my mind is, if i understand this correctly, if you don't guard a BO with atleast 1 person it will return to a neutural state? This could be problematic depending on how long it takes for a BO to rerurn to neutral and be kinda helping the zerg in terms of kills, were the zergs just running around rolling BO after BO. The no BO timers kinda prevents it as they can't really sustain campain resources doing this. But they are gonna be able to frustrate players to concession by consistantly 2 Warbands rolling BO's the lesser populated realm tried to spread out to defend. So whats the BO return to neutral state time gonna be? And how long will the cap timers be?
You right, and if this happens, well thats not the mechanic who must be changed, but the player's mind, and i can't do much for this :). But i think this system helps the smallest faction to provide some leverage. Depending feedbacks when deployed, gauge timers will probably be changed depending they are too long or too short. Without testing this in real conditions it is hard to define

Now, please understand this system must be tested, and probably fine tuned in a second time. Have designed it with sincerity and the worry to make things rights. I'm maybe wrong and all this may be an epic fail. Or not :).

Ads
roadkillrobin

Post#19 » Wed May 24, 2017 7:10 am

I think the system is gonna be great. What I think is the problematic part has more to do with kill rewards then the system. But this system kinda tells people were to find easy medalions as there has to be people standing on the BO's to keep it locked. This wouldn't be a problem at all if the rewards for individual kills weren't so great and moast of the rewards actually comes from the main objective of locking zone rather then the kills.

spikespiegel84

Post#20 » Wed May 24, 2017 7:13 am

Ok, but don't forget that killing is fun. I basically the main reason why we do this. If you can lure a band on a spot with few men and ambush them in the middle is actually a way more dynamic way to rvr. Of course is just my opinion