Recent Topics

Ads

Open group crashing

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Poll: Has the WB wide crashing frequency changed?

Yes, its not happening anymore
19%
Yes, its a lot less frequent now
47%
No, its unchanged
34%
Total votes: 32

Natherul
Former Staff

Open group crashing

Post#1 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:18 am

Hey all!

As promised, its been a few days now since I made the change to disallow invites and joins from people/groups outside of the leaders current zone so here I go creating a topic about it.

Has the frequency of crashing stopped, diminished or is it the same? Im ofc only talking about the crash that affects the ENTIRE WB, not individual crashes.

Ads
xanderous

Re: Open group crashing

Post#2 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:58 am

Today i noticed a crash happening which i thought to be interesting, we was fighting at that keep, the one with the illegal zone behind it, two members of my party chased an enemy player who fled into that illegal zone, everyone in the keep crashed around the same time.

I have to ask, do you think the crash happened because the player in my party got teleported for entering the illegal zone, whilst we were at the keep?
Bashgutz RR82 Borc Vaseryn RR61 SM Krantz RR82 Knight Corvinus RR70 Chosen Mormonty RR72 IB
Starkus RR70 BG Snaptz RR83 SH Plagueis RR81 Magus Alec RR85 Engie Sourgazt RR69 Shaman
Kreaver RR80 Marauder Dugald RR75 Slayer

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#3 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:12 am

xanderous wrote:Today i noticed a crash happening which i thought to be interesting, we was fighting at that keep, the one with the illegal zone behind it, two members of my party chased an enemy player who fled into that illegal zone, everyone in the keep crashed around the same time.

I have to ask, do you think the crash happened because the player in my party got teleported for entering the illegal zone, whilst we were at the keep?
To be perfectly honest I dont know, the crashing should not happen at all and the reason I disabled cross zone invites / joining is due to the fact that its the most prevalent theory as to why its happening (hence I want to confirm or rule it out so I can go deeper into why)

EDIT: stage 2 of testing is IF this has stopped or greatly diminished the crashing to just disable joining / inviting someone in the capitals

Theseus

Post#4 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:19 am

hm, I was in a WB on Saturday. I think that was after you disabled the cross zone invite. I had 3 mass dcs in chaoswaste keepfights. Gumthorr was there too.... so he should be able to tell you more.
Andyrion Ulthenair
Arphyrion Soulblade

Garner

Post#5 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:19 am

Was at a keep siege in thunder mountain Sunday and had a run time error crash. According to my warband leader a few others crashed as well.

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#6 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:26 am

Theseus wrote:hm, I was in a WB on Saturday. I think that was after you disabled the cross zone invite. I had 3 mass dcs in chaoswaste keepfights. Gumthorr was there too.... so he should be able to tell you more.
Patch was deployed early saturday morning (before I woke up, note that I live in Sweden)

Garner wrote:Was at a keep siege in thunder mountain Sunday and had a run time error crash. According to my warband leader a few others crashed as well.
Not the issue Im talking about, what Im talking about is the ENTIRE warband crashing at once with no visible error.

Theseus

Post#7 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:29 am

Natherul wrote:
Theseus wrote:hm, I was in a WB on Saturday. I think that was after you disabled the cross zone invite. I had 3 mass dcs in chaoswaste keepfights. Gumthorr was there too.... so he should be able to tell you more.
Patch was deployed early saturday morning (before I woke up, note that I live in Sweden)

Garner wrote:Was at a keep siege in thunder mountain Sunday and had a run time error crash. According to my warband leader a few others crashed as well.
Not the issue Im talking about, what Im talking about is the ENTIRE warband crashing at once with no visible error.
Ok, then it was way past the patch. It should have been at about 3 or 4 pm. GMT+1. Living in Germany.... so our timezones shouldnt be that different I think.
Andyrion Ulthenair
Arphyrion Soulblade

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#8 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:32 am

Theseus wrote:
Natherul wrote:

Ok, then it was way past the patch. It should have been at about 3 or 4 pm. GMT+1. Living in Germany.... so our timezones shouldnt be that different I think.
To be precise, the patch note went up 5:31 am on saturday so I assume thats around the time it was deployed. And yes your in the same timezone as me

Ads
Theseus

Post#9 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:35 am

Natherul wrote:
Theseus wrote:
Natherul wrote:

To be precise, the patch note went up 5:31 am on saturday so I assume thats around the time it was deployed. And yes your in the same timezone as me
Ok, then we have it, it was way after the patch went live. So its not only the wb invitations.
Andyrion Ulthenair
Arphyrion Soulblade

xanderous

Post#10 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:36 am

Natherul wrote:
xanderous wrote:Today i noticed a crash happening which i thought to be interesting, we was fighting at that keep, the one with the illegal zone behind it, two members of my party chased an enemy player who fled into that illegal zone, everyone in the keep crashed around the same time.

To be perfectly honest I dont know, the crashing should not happen at all and the reason I disabled cross zone invites / joining is due to the fact that its the most prevalent theory as to why its happening (hence I want to confirm or rule it out so I can go deeper into why)

EDIT: stage 2 of testing is IF this has stopped or greatly diminished the crashing to just disable joining / inviting someone in the capitals
If this is the case and cross zoning is responsible for these warband wide crashes, what do you reckon is to be done about that particular illegal zone, technically it could be used as method to provoke a crash, are you guys able to implement any kind of invisible walls to stop people entering the illegal zone?

Not to mention having people run to it, as a method to escape being killed is borderline exploitative.
Bashgutz RR82 Borc Vaseryn RR61 SM Krantz RR82 Knight Corvinus RR70 Chosen Mormonty RR72 IB
Starkus RR70 BG Snaptz RR83 SH Plagueis RR81 Magus Alec RR85 Engie Sourgazt RR69 Shaman
Kreaver RR80 Marauder Dugald RR75 Slayer