Recent Topics

Ads

Open group crashing

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Poll: Has the WB wide crashing frequency changed?

Yes, its not happening anymore
19%
Yes, its a lot less frequent now
47%
No, its unchanged
34%
Total votes: 32

roadkillrobin

Re: Open group crashing

Post#31 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:22 am

I've noticed some patterns with the crashing. We moastly see crashing primarly on the tanks in our warbands. (might be related to the guard skill) And another pattern i've noticed is that NA players crash more freqvuently (might be ping related) Third pattern, its almoast exclusivly at keep seiges thats heavy defended. (keep zone being corrupt somehow). This is just speculations tho.

Ads
xanderous

Post#32 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:04 am

I run this game on a really bad laptop thats not for gaming and was in CW lastnight, defending a keep from a high a amount of destro, did not crash once and have not since. So if anyone should be crashing it should be me, i reckon the invite restriction has fixed it but there must be additional things causing other people to crash.
Bashgutz RR82 Borc Vaseryn RR61 SM Krantz RR82 Knight Corvinus RR70 Chosen Mormonty RR72 IB
Starkus RR70 BG Snaptz RR83 SH Plagueis RR81 Magus Alec RR85 Engie Sourgazt RR69 Shaman
Kreaver RR80 Marauder Dugald RR75 Slayer

saupreusse
Developer

Post#33 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:48 am

Im pretty sure that some of the voters didnt quite understand what this poll is about. We are talking ONLY about warband crashes where the whole warband just disconnects. NOT about some ppl crashing. That players crash at keep fights has (prolly) nothing to do with the warband crashes and isnt discussed here. I for myself had not had a warband crash, even though my client drowned a few times in keep sieges.

ZewKrwi

Post#34 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:13 am

Spoiler:
saupreusse wrote:Im pretty sure that some of the voters didnt quite understand what this poll is about. We are talking ONLY about warband crashes where the whole warband just disconnects. NOT about some ppl crashing. That players crash at keep fights has (prolly) nothing to do with the warband crashes and isnt discussed here. I for myself had not had a warband crash, even though my client drowned a few times in keep sieges.
I have same feeling about this. I play 90% of my time orvr, and 75% of that time I play at open wb. Before patch we hade crashes 5 times a day, and now we have wb crashes 3 times a week. Thank you very much for that update.
Zewkrwi - Zealot / TUP
Krwizew - Rune Priest / Spiritus Sanctus

http://www.chosna.pl/

roadkillrobin

Post#35 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:15 am

I have never experienced a full warband crash tbh. At moast maybe 3/4 of the warband but never a full wb crash. And it pretty much happens on same premis as when solo players crashing
Im pretty sure it's related to eachother.
I've also had some suspiscions that might have something to do with the OS platform you run the application on.

Aurandilaz

Post#36 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:56 am

I remember having relatively little WB crashes before, and they seem relatively few still.
Either people knew to avoid out-of-zone joining before, resulting in me witnessing relatively few WB crashes on weekly basis (05-1) before and afterwards.
The "must be in same zone to get invite" is somewhat annoying, but also somewhat understandable, since it might actually be a considerable factor behind WB crashing.

Most of my recent crashes have been at keep, which despite me running all the lowest settings (on a quite powerful gaming rig), and occur always in extremely laggy situations.

anarchypark

Post#37 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:27 am

edit : false info
Last edited by anarchypark on Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Darosh
Banned

Post#38 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:25 am

To just add a little bit of data in regards to warband crashing:

I've experienced quite often whilst running with my guild that one person would somehow get "corrupted" and cause everyone else in the warband to crash upon interaction (buffs/trades/...) and would spread that "corruption" around upon new invitation, leading to him crashing - from there on out it turns into a rinse and repeat until everyone has relogged or crashed and dropped the warband in the process.

Theres something remarkably sticky to this crashing/warband issue.

Abbd.: My coins, too, are on it being in some shape or form related to buffs. Like back on live with the zeals/rps crashing/lagging out people by applying their buffs midcombat for some time.
Abbd.: Server checking buffs upon entering/leaving zones? Dunno...

Ads
Natherul
Former Staff

Post#39 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:54 pm

Darosh wrote:To just add a little bit of data in regards to warband crashing:

I've experienced quite often whilst running with my guild that one person would somehow get "corrupted" and cause everyone else in the warband to crash upon interaction (buffs/trades/...) and would spread that "corruption" around upon new invitation, leading to him crashing - from there on out it turns into a rinse and repeat until everyone has relogged or crashed and dropped the warband in the process.

Theres something remarkably sticky to this crashing/warband issue.

Abbd.: My coins, too, are on it being in some shape or form related to buffs. Like back on live with the zeals/rps crashing/lagging out people by applying their buffs midcombat for some time.
Abbd.: Server checking buffs upon entering/leaving zones? Dunno...
This is another issue, what Im talking about is when the ENTIRE WB crashes at once

Tesq

Post#40 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:58 pm

yes the crahs is responsable for wide zone crash but these issues are made by 1 singularity which can be fix by fly around.

is it possible whatever you log be ported zone 0 and then back to the loging place? The problem is all there (dont know about guard stuff but happened in past to jsut log in in tm join 1 group and make all crash so is not/not only a issue with buff.

any time you log/move zone you need to be ported 2 times in row and this will fix the problem imo
Last edited by Tesq on Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.